lickthewallfatboy

Lickthewallfatboy v Northern Bank

it'll probably have to be the hard way if they stick to current form.But it gives you more satisfaction when they end up on the rack.

if you haven't already done so,please read the FAQ's,especially the bit about opening a parachute account, to keep your back covered.

Just got the standard letter on Friday the £6 per sheet microfiche, undue effort on the banks part....bla bla bla.

They didn't get the fee, so they are trying to move it all back(40 days) until todays date when I gave them cash at the branch this morning, got them to sign off as received. They have 5 days from today to produce all the transaction details, not my fault they "lost" the letter I emailed a copy to them 10 days ago, detailing the exact pages I required(5%) as most of the last 6 years I have the statements.

So on the 15th I write to request repayment of the detailed charges, less their costs of course. Need to decide soon which way to proceed. I will keep you posted. The bank are playing the game of pretend to know nothing, sadly for them that is no defence.

annaconda

i regret to bear bad news, but the bank is right about the £10. your 40 days only begins when they receive the payment. this £10 is reclaimable

this goes back to 1 of bankfodders threads about people being careless, and not being 100% accurate in every move that is made. these bankers have a lot of legal advice at their disposal, and are just waiting to tie us up at the first slip.

Ah well, they have it from today, having waited this long, it doesn't make much difference. They definately have it now though. I'll just have to bide my time.

the Northern have a return date from the small claims office of 31 July.

Today I received this letter(speedy response or what? :rolleyes:)

"further to our letter of 26 June

as Court proceedings have been issued against the bank it would be inappropriate for us to comment on the issues raised in your letters of 6 and 22 June 2006 at this time

I trust that you will understand our position

Norma Goodison

Service Recovery Officer"

actually I don't understand their position-are they afraid to comment?What is the problem???

So they want to go to court to discuss their non compliance of The Data Protection Act?

Well this will be fun.

Are you inviting people to this farce from the NB?

Not that it will go that far especially when they realize that they didnt even read your letter 22nd June.

Norma will be in trouble.

Cat

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Northern right now.I'm sure there are a lot more people than we know of challenging them,and when we get our charges back,they'll have Anaconda to face with 25K of his money stolen.

I wonder will they even enter a response by the 31st,or if I'll get a decree by default-they may just wait until the last minute,but that last minute should be Friday 29th shouldn't it,as the 31st is a sunday,and the cliams office would be closed at the weekend.....???

They can't honestly expect to go to court to have their DPA non-dislosure brought into the open,can they?That would be suicide!!

Hey Lickthewallfatboy

Any more news from the Northern on this?

Cat

nothing Cat

I'm holding my breath for any reply-I'll just go off to the NI online claims site and check,but I don't expect anything.

Do you know of anyone else contemplating taking them on,or are they all just waiting for me to beat them first??? ;)

My fingers and toes are crossed for you....Norma....ah Norma.....she's the not so bright one(or very convincing at playing it dumb) I've spoken to her a couple of times..........she's the one quoting £6 per sheet.....go check you facts luv....

;-)well,31st is the return deadline,and as yet not a word from the Northern.Do you reckon they'll file a defence,or just not bother and I can then get a judgement by default?

I'm starting to count the days.... ;)

No idea but I'm as interested as you must be....bet its all action at head office for Norma and the girls!!

No idea but I'm as interested as you must be....bet its all action at head office for Norma and the girls!!

or else they're burying their heads in the sand hoping I'll go away....

the next week should be interesting.If they do actually decide to go to court(unlikely I know)anyone fancy coming along for some moral support and a good giggle at their expense?

I would take it that Friday is your deadline but I dont have any reason for that except common sense (this is the Northern your dealing with so anything could happen)

I wonder if they are using an external solicitor for these cases.

My money is on CCJ by default.

They would need some manual intervention to file a case and then actually go to court so I doubt it would happen.

No automated system for these services yet!!

Cat

How much are the tickets for the Northern (no) show? :lol:

Count me in, for your court date,

just let me know the time and place...

Good luck

Bru

I would take it that Friday is your deadline but I dont have any reason for that except common sense (this is the Northern your dealing with so anything could happen)

I wonder if they are using an external solicitor for these cases.

My money is on CCJ by default.

They would need some manual intervention to file a case and then actually go to court so I doubt it would happen.

No automated system for these services yet!!

Cat

How much are the tickets for the Northern (no) show? :lol:

Cat-it's actually Monday-they have til close of business to file a defence,and I talked to the Chichester Street Office yesterday and there is nothing so far.Tickets are free-and a splendid time is guaranteed for all!!!(to paraphrase THE FAB 4)

BRU-thanks for the kind offer-I'll let you know if and when ,mate!!It will be Craigavon in any case....

Super,

I'm Only a few miles up the raod

Me tooooo wouldn't miss it....email me privately details and when it will be interesting getting together and comparing note to damning note....I have few things that will be of interest to others.

Reckon I'll be needing some moral support myself in the not to distant.

Me tooooo wouldn't miss it....email me privately details and when it will be interesting getting together and comparing note to damning note....I have few things that will be of interest to others.

Reckon I'll be needing some moral support myself in the not to distant.

thanks Anaconda-and I would be more than happy to support anyone against the Northern.Have you dug up some nice juicy info which might help,then?More power to your wee wheel,as they say!!

Anything you need in the way of help or info,please just ask,and if I can help I will.This has become personal of late.....and I'm getting angrier by the day!!!

I know the story....hope to see you Monday...

I'll be working Monday :mad:

I'll be thinking of ya though;)

Keep us posted and good luck

mori

monday isn't a court appearance date-if they haven't entered a defence by close of business on monday,I file for decree by default and they pay up or else the bailiffs go in...LOL-Nuala would just love that!!

if they do file a defence,it's only then a court date gets set-but it would be Craigavon Court if it is allocated a hearing.....just a matter of when

It doesn't worry me if it does get a date.It would just be a lot handier if I can do it all online.

Do you hear that sound Nuala?

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK-

that,Nuala,is the sound of inevitability.......

cut the crap and pay up NOW!!!

brilliant read, I've just joined the forum (hopped over from MSE) and living in Norn iron was wondering if anyone had taken on the big guns here.....good luck LTWFB (we're big into initials over here ....lol) good luck in yopur case....can't wait til the outcome appears.....unfortunately the NB stitched me up over 6 years ago when I came out of work on illness and the charges rocketed....but the last 6 or 7 years have been a struggle to get us on an even keel....but we got there....

Once again... "Good luck".... "go ye boy ye"

****BREAKING NEWS****

just checked the NI small claims website-Northern appear to have lodged a "notice of dispute" and "Transfer (Civil) Case" appears in the event section

what does Transfer (Civil) Case mean exactly-has it been moved off small claims track,or does that mean we get a date in Craigavon?

Please fill in your quit date here