• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

northern Bank charges reclaim **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Keep at 'em...I'm gonna be claiming 25k over six years and unfortunately for the NB I have 95% of the statements so it shouldn't take long to estimate accurately the missing, but I've asked for the statements down to the page numbers.....now run along and get them nasty little bank person.

Got a Solicitor who is prepared to do some saber rattling before we go to court...and happy to follow up if necessary should we go to court, looking forward to causing them some of the discomfort they caused me. I hate them so much in the word of a song I believe!

Spoke to Nuala Walsh's half wit of an assistant.....she quoted me £8 per sheet. Told her she better go do her homewrok before she made her ignorance any more apparent.

Clock ticking, I will fight this one to the death. Keep me posted on how you are getting on...go for them.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No boys......no decimal point, all there in black and white on their own statements, month after month £800 or more they are such a responsible bank....not.

Thats why I'm gonna deal with them through a solicitor. And every last shackle and some more for all the stress and financial damage.

Just another thought has anyone any idea how things work working with these amounts of money, I'm not quite sure I understand properly.

Will it be necessary to go to the High Court or not?

There are 2 accounts a business account and a personal account.

The business has accrued 17.7k in charges and interest on the charges.

The personal account has accrued the rest.....not happy reading.

Would I be better to treat the sum as one or to avoid High court is it better to apply separately.

I have spoken to both an accountant and solicitor and a journalist(who is dying to write about the case), noone can believe just how obscene and blatent the charges are. So no you really did read it correctly....looking forward to getting it all back and suing them for defamation on my credit history also....Then I can start on The Ulster Bank who owe in and around 10k!

Then gonna send some money to this site and go on a very nice holiday paid for by the bank think I'll send them a post card.....I really fancy Fiji!! Any suggestions! Answers on a postcard please(sorry)....email will do!

PS I totally hate them!

obscene was the word I was about to use-that is totally despicable!!!:mad:

Definitely go talk to the journalist about this and expose them for the robbing gits they are!!They are still sending me automated charges,stopping debits etc,but hopefully they will have court papers to look at any day now,so let's see what they do then.

I am claiming for the first 2 years as that takes me to the 2k small claims limit,and also for the fact that they have still not furnished me with details for further back.

I really am starting to get ****ed off with the money lenders-all of them-not just Northern.

There's a certain Indian call centre for CITICARDS who are extremely close to being on the receiving end of a right good bollocking!!

Have you talked to the Northern on the phone much?How are they reacting to all this?

• Haha 1

Yes, spoke to a half wit at Nuala Walsh's (Northern Bank) office who told me it would be £8 per statement. I told her she better read up about the ins and outs of the law on this one before she revealed anymore of her most unimpressive level of ignorance. The best fun is asking them for the service action report.....if they understand what it is...Northern...asked what it was...might just be the play dumb approach....Ulster Bank....deathly silence. They get 40 days to produce it same as the statement, but you are entitled to go back the entire life of the account....it has every comment the bank have made about you as a customer......interesting reading no doubt.

Just called the branch this morning, asked if they would like the page numbers, said they didn't recieve the letter, no problem I said I will email you a copy....by the way you now have about 10 days to come up with the information or we are off to court. They don't realise the amount.....cos they haven't botherd their backsides to follow up, that will be another costly mistake.

I have just been speaking to the very helpful young lady at the Civil Processing Centre in Belfast,and the Northern have been served this morning!!:D

Excellent.....keep me posted.

Sorry not a service access report......dummie...it is a subject acess request. If they know what it is they go cold.....I love it. I'm phoning to wind them up, bank baiting its a great blood sport....wait til we get to court, and then the press, you are so right the public should know what they are like.

ANACONDA, LET ME CORRECT ONE VERY SERIOUS MISTAKE YOU MADE.

your holiday in fiji will be paid for by your money, that the bank are holding for you.

i think that you should send a pm to bankfodder and let her know of your situation.

the consumer council NI might be worth an e-mail as well.

you should also immediately start your own thread. this case would generate an awful lot of interest. let the bank know that you have a journalist on side with pencil at the ready.

they are not responding to your SAR out of pure fear, they know exactly how much money you are talking about.

GOOD LUCK

£25,000???????

still can't believe it

• 2 weeks later...
Just another thought has anyone any idea how things work working with these amounts of money, I'm not quite sure I understand properly.

Will it be necessary to go to the High Court or not?

There are 2 accounts a business account and a personal account.

The business has accrued 17.7k in charges and interest on the charges.

The personal account has accrued the rest.....not happy reading.

Would I be better to treat the sum as one or to avoid High court is it better to apply separately.

I have spoken to both an accountant and solicitor and a journalist(who is dying to write about the case), noone can believe just how obscene and blatent the charges are. So no you really did read it correctly....looking forward to getting it all back and suing them for defamation on my credit history also....Then I can start on The Ulster Bank who owe in and around 10k!

Then gonna send some money to this site and go on a very nice holiday paid for by the bank think I'll send them a post card.....I really fancy Fiji!! Any suggestions! Answers on a postcard please(sorry)....email will do!

PS I totally hate them!

Hello Fellow Haters of the Northern Bank

I am new to the site and am totally blown away by all this. I have been charged over £300 just in the last 2 months alone. I have been having money problems since my hubby has been out of work due to a incurable medical condition. As you all have been discussing the Northern just can't wait for you to fall on hard times before they stick the knife in with their charges. Every other day another £25 fee pops up on my account and I am having a nightmare. Went into the branch on the Monday and my account manager was too busy to see me. Was told she would get back to me by phone later that day - and I was gobsmacked when I didn't recieve that call, NOT! In fact I had to ring the bank back on Friday from work when I still hadn't heard from them. Sparing you all the bull I was told and cutting the story short I am going in tommorrow and will be bringing my SAR - (Subject Access Request) letter with me and asking for Nuala Walsh's address if help is not forthcoming. We can do this the easy way or the hard - let's see what happens...

Just got the standard letter on Friday the £6 per sheet microfiche, undue effort on the banks part....bla bla bla.

They didn't get the fee, so they are trying to move it all back(40 days) until todays date when I gave them cash at the branch this morning, got them to sign off as received. They have 5 days from today to produce all the transaction details, not my fault they "lost" the letter I emailed a copy to them 10 days ago, detailing the exact pages I required(5%) as most of the last 6 years I have the statements.

So on the 15th I write to request repayment of the detailed charges, less their costs of course. Need to decide soon which way to proceed. I will keep you posted. The bank are playing the game of pretend to know nothing, sadly for them that is no defence.

annaconda

i regret to bear bad news, but the bank is right about the £10. your 40 days only begins when they receive the payment. this £10 is reclaimable

this goes back to 1 of bankfodders threads about people being careless, and not being 100% accurate in every move that is made. these bankers have a lot of legal advice at their disposal, and are just waiting to tie us up at the first slip.

the Northern have a return date from the small claims office of 31 July.

Today I received this letter(speedy response or what? :rolleyes:)

"further to our letter of 26 June

as Court proceedings have been issued against the bank it would be inappropriate for us to comment on the issues raised in your letters of 6 and 22 June 2006 at this time

I trust that you will understand our position

Norma Goodison

Service Recovery Officer"

actually I don't understand their position-are they afraid to comment?What is the problem???

So they want to go to court to discuss their non compliance of The Data Protection Act?

Well this will be fun.

Are you inviting people to this farce from the NB?

Not that it will go that far especially when they realize that they didnt even read your letter 22nd June.

Norma will be in trouble.

Cat

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Northern right now.I'm sure there are a lot more people than we know of challenging them,and when we get our charges back,they'll have Anaconda to face with 25K of his money stolen.

I wonder will they even enter a response by the 31st,or if I'll get a decree by default-they may just wait until the last minute,but that last minute should be Friday 29th shouldn't it,as the 31st is a sunday,and the cliams office would be closed at the weekend.....???

They can't honestly expect to go to court to have their DPA non-dislosure brought into the open,can they?That would be suicide!!

My fingers and toes are crossed for you....Norma....ah Norma.....she's the not so bright one(or very convincing at playing it dumb) I've spoken to her a couple of times..........she's the one quoting £6 per sheet.....go check you facts luv....