• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

northern Bank charges reclaim **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea but I'm as interested as you must be....bet its all action at head office for Norma and the girls!!

or else they're burying their heads in the sand hoping I'll go away....

the next week should be interesting.If they do actually decide to go to court(unlikely I know)anyone fancy coming along for some moral support and a good giggle at their expense?

I would take it that Friday is your deadline but I dont have any reason for that except common sense (this is the Northern your dealing with so anything could happen)

I wonder if they are using an external solicitor for these cases.

My money is on CCJ by default.

They would need some manual intervention to file a case and then actually go to court so I doubt it would happen.

No automated system for these services yet!!

Cat

How much are the tickets for the Northern (no) show? :lol:

I would take it that Friday is your deadline but I dont have any reason for that except common sense (this is the Northern your dealing with so anything could happen)

I wonder if they are using an external solicitor for these cases.

My money is on CCJ by default.

They would need some manual intervention to file a case and then actually go to court so I doubt it would happen.

No automated system for these services yet!!

Cat

How much are the tickets for the Northern (no) show? :lol:

Cat-it's actually Monday-they have til close of business to file a defence,and I talked to the Chichester Street Office yesterday and there is nothing so far.Tickets are free-and a splendid time is guaranteed for all!!!(to paraphrase THE FAB 4)

BRU-thanks for the kind offer-I'll let you know if and when ,mate!!It will be Craigavon in any case....

Me tooooo wouldn't miss it....email me privately details and when it will be interesting getting together and comparing note to damning note....I have few things that will be of interest to others.

Reckon I'll be needing some moral support myself in the not to distant.

Me tooooo wouldn't miss it....email me privately details and when it will be interesting getting together and comparing note to damning note....I have few things that will be of interest to others.

Reckon I'll be needing some moral support myself in the not to distant.

thanks Anaconda-and I would be more than happy to support anyone against the Northern.Have you dug up some nice juicy info which might help,then?More power to your wee wheel,as they say!!

Anything you need in the way of help or info,please just ask,and if I can help I will.This has become personal of late.....and I'm getting angrier by the day!!!

monday isn't a court appearance date-if they haven't entered a defence by close of business on monday,I file for decree by default and they pay up or else the bailiffs go in...LOL-Nuala would just love that!!

if they do file a defence,it's only then a court date gets set-but it would be Craigavon Court if it is allocated a hearing.....just a matter of when

It doesn't worry me if it does get a date.It would just be a lot handier if I can do it all online.

Do you hear that sound Nuala?

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK-

that,Nuala,is the sound of inevitability.......

cut the crap and pay up NOW!!!

brilliant read, I've just joined the forum (hopped over from MSE) and living in Norn iron was wondering if anyone had taken on the big guns here.....good luck LTWFB (we're big into initials over here ....lol) good luck in yopur case....can't wait til the outcome appears.....unfortunately the NB stitched me up over 6 years ago when I came out of work on illness and the charges rocketed....but the last 6 or 7 years have been a struggle to get us on an even keel....but we got there....

Once again... "Good luck".... "go ye boy ye"

****BREAKING NEWS****

just checked the NI small claims website-Northern appear to have lodged a "notice of dispute" and "Transfer (Civil) Case" appears in the event section

what does Transfer (Civil) Case mean exactly-has it been moved off small claims track,or does that mean we get a date in Craigavon?

Hi Lickthewallfatboy

I have gone through the dispute part with First Trust. They filed a dispute on the morning of their deadline with the court. You will get a letter from the court in the next few days assigning a court date for the hearing. It will be well into September/October because of the summer recess in Northern Ireland. First Trust had to respond to the court by 6/7/06. I got a letter a couple of days later informing met that my court date is 26/9/06. It is also in Craigavon. Mine is not for DPA disclosure but for the fees. Tranfer to civil means you will get your date in Craigavon. If I can help in any other way give me a shout

Flo

thanks Flojo!!

I suspected that they would file a defence,but that it would come on monday.Have First Trust been in touch with you since they lodged?I've been looking on some of the other sections eg Abbey,and it seems that they come in with an offer in the interim.Maybe we'll get the same here-although maybe the NI banks think they are immune from all this.....

How does it feel to be an NI trailblazer? ;)

No nothing from First Trust or their solicitors. The last correspondence I recieved was from the Court. They probably think they have plenty of time as the court date isn't until the end of September. Ah well sure isn't the interest accumulating on a daily basis.

When the court write to you they will tell you that you have to submit all relevant papers 10 days before the hearing.

Anything I can help with just shout!!!

I'll keep you posted on anything I hear.

The big four here think they can do what they like and they are currently being investigated by the Competion Committee because of their high charges. The Consumer Council for NI in conjunction with Which? reported them to the Office of Fair Trading who in turn commissioned the Competition Committee to start the investigation.

They know they have that going on - so they won't like us fighting them through the Courts.

Keep the fight up - we will win in the end!!!!!

Absolutely,

I think they may be trying to have the case heard in Belfast. Under Part 26 of the Civil Procedure Rules.

PART 26 - CASE MANAGEMENT – PRELIMINARY STAGE

Fight this Tooth and nail, at least one defendant must be an individual for this to take place automatically.

In any case if you branch is in the Craigavon Area you can argue that Craigavon is the Defendants home couts

Hope this helps

regards

Bru

Woohoo,

The post are coming thick and fast on this thread today9 My inbox can hardly keep up).

It would be a good idea to try and find that thread. be prepared just in case..

It pays to keep at least one step ahead of the posse

Bru

Just had a message left on my mobile from a senior area manager,which takes in my branch.I sent the branch a letter the other day after they had written one of those standard "please ensure you lodge enough funds to cover blah blah..."

anyway,I told them the current position that we are in,and this manager wnats to arrange a meeting with me and the better half to "get a better understanding of what we are looking for"??????

I'm not so stupid as to agree to this,but do you think they are rattled,or are they trying to set us up for the "hot teaspoon under the foreskin" treatment if we did agree to go in?