• Tweets

• Good suggestion, thanks King. I'll try it for similar situation also. 
    • Vodafone are NOT lowells clients voda had NO INVOLMENT in bringing the court claim in the 1st place nor continuing the claim after the successful set aside. they sold the debt..washed their hands of it.   and what counterclaim have you made?  you haven't and shouldn't, all you have done is filed a defence with regard to the continuing claim. and NO you never ever ring them.   can you scan these statements to one multipage PDF please  read upload CAREFULLY
    • don't like the sound of that but legal speak is not my best subject.   so they are not refunding your fee for the N244? when this was NOT your mistake but theirs? what defence did you file for the debt along with the reason for the set aside?    
    • I entirely agree dx. Now I think I should get supporting evidence to substantiate my counter claim. Hence there is still unresolved dispute with the original creditor..   In other words I believe my contract with Vodafone ended in December 2014.  I think it is about time Lowell accept responsibility for something their client refused to acknowledge nearly 4.5 years ago.   What do you think people? should I give them a call tomorrow to discuss this further?  
    • I meant that lender is just threatening liability for huge shortfall - but no actual figures been demanded yet.   Lender lawyer advised a few potential buyers but when we asked for details lender won't disclose the exact amounts and specific terms.   They allege they have one offer close to their list price - but it's still super low in comparison to true market price - plus the buyer's offer is subject to having the Freehold.  The lawyer has demanded I "give away" - for free - the Freehold to help them sell the property.  It's not mine and its valuable.  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
lickthewallfatboy

Lickthewallfatboy v Northern Bank

What a top site,first of all!!This has been a long time coming,IMHO

Anyway-sent off to Northern Bank in Belfast initial request for charges/statements on 27th April via recorded delivery.Heard nothing back as yet....

This outfit take every small window of opportunity to beat you around the head with charges for letters,unpaid direct debits etc-so I'm looking forward to a bit of payback.At a rough reckon(very rough) I could be looking at £1500-£2000.

2003/04 was a particularly bad year for us,because I was off work on the sick and got down to nil pay-cheques were bouncing,DD's weren't paid and credit card companies were over me like a rash

Time for some payback!!Up next-

CITI CARDS

MBNA

BARCLAYCARD

NATWEST CARDS

CAPITAL ONE

RBS ADVANTA

Can't wait to see them squirm!!!:lol:

Best of luck Matey !

That is one helluva crazy user name !

Best of luck Matey !

That is one helluva crazy user name !

Thanks!!This site inspires confidence to such a degree that you just want to get stuck in!!

The user name comes from one of my 7 year old son's expressions-he comes out with some good ones!!

The user name comes from one of my 7 year old son's expressions-he comes out with some good ones!!

LMAO, Thought y'ad been pulled over one too many times by the 'Can ya wind yer windy down pleez sir!' crew. ;)

Anyway, good luck with NB ;)

mori

cheers m8-you too.I never came across a bank who are as quick to jump through the slightest window of opportunity to nail a charge on you....I hope a lot more people wake up to them!! :lol:

Hope you get the charges info you requested without too much trouble

In the light of the problems Yorkshire/Clydesdale customers are facing in getting responses to their DPA requests, remember that Northern Bank was also part of National Australia Group until last year when it was sold to Danske.

Bye the way, love your username, must tell my teenage son to add to his collection.

Will be watching this with interest.

I send off my initial letter this week for my list of charges but I don't expect to hear from them anytime soon! The clock is ticking...........

The Northern love charging for everything, so I will take great delight in asking for it back. I have found a lot of my old statements so if they don't get back to me I will use what I have to start with and go from there.

Best of luck and I love the username it's excellent.

Jules

Northern Bank - DPA sent 16th May, acknowledged 24th May

Tomorrow(monday) will be 18 days gone and 22 to go and not even an acknowledgment from one of the targets!!!

This could go to LBA's with the lot!!! :D

how's this for bank efficiency?

Sent DPA on 27 April-no response.

Sent reminder letter 24 may and got a letter in this morning.They claim to have lost my original letter,and tracked it down after receipt of my reminder.Top class service so far!!

They now claim to have 40 days from May 30 to comply,but will try with "every possible effort" to have this information for me next week.

They had better otherwise their arse is in a sling-it's my timetable,not the Northern's!!

Anyway,they claim that manual intervention is applied in all circumstances of charges applied-*YEAH RIGHT*-but that it would take a disproportionate effort to get me the details.

They are also looking for £6 per page of statements prior to April 2004,because they can't be bothered to get off their lazy arses to get me them.

If they think I'm falling for this they must be located on Mars-I know that Abbey customers got the same run around.Can anyone point me to a thread where this was comprehensively dealt with?

today's update-

big box arrived stuffed to the gills with statements,and a letter.Unfortunately for the northern,they only sent me statements dating back to April 13,2004-statements prior to that "are not readily available",apparently.....they also have refused to send me a list of details of charges levied,as primarily requested,as these would "already have been furnished in statements already issued".ANOTHER REFUSAL-this is getting good!!

well,after 6 June,the Northern are in breach of the DPA request,and will be reported to the IC if I don't get the rest by then-and I'm not expecting them to provide them.They are asking £6 per page for them-so obviously they are readily available-they just want their pound of flesh for those as well-SORRY MR NORTHERN,NO CAN DO!!!:D

Also,they seem to find it a "disproportionate effort " to furnish me with hard evidence of manual intervention in the application of charges,and I have asked for this TWICE in wiriting.Judge is gonna love that- LOL!!!

I wonder why it would be too much of an effort-perhaps even the Northern have realised that you can't find something that doesn't exist..... ;)

Anyway-I am going forward on this basis for the Northern to consider-

I have totted up the charges for the 2 years statements issued to us,and they come to a rather healthy £1791!!Now I am going to estimate a total for the 5 years we have been with them on the basis of 2/5 of 5 years =£1791

so 5 years estimated charges =(£1791/2)x5=£4475.50

and let them prove otherwise by giving me hard evidence,or else they will throw the dolly out of the pram and completely refuse to play.Either way-they are going to come in in second place.

I feel a fight coming on.....:D;)

tomorrow is June 6(how appropriate)-D Day for the Northern Bank.They still haven't given me full disclosure,and I'm not expecting anything in the morning.

So,estimated charges for the 5 years of £4477.50 will be duly requested-let's see what happens-will they tell me to sod off,or will they miraculously come up with the information I requested?:rolleyes:

Hi Lickthewallfatboy

Did you have any joy from the Northern?

I got my DPA response today (10th being the dead line) I take it my letter was the same as yours - "would require a disproportionate effort" but I can have the outstanding statements for £6.00 each sheet!

What are you doing now? I did not recieve much info at all about 12 sheets in total. In my case they have said that I recieved all other info in 2003 (the last DPA I served on them) trouble is that I didnt recieve it then either but didnt take it any further as in that case I got what I was looking for.

Did they provide a guide to understanding their abbreviations?

Are you going to ask the IC Office for an assessment or straight to court with your figures estimated?

Dont want to hijack your thread just very interested in your case as I am obviously only a couple of days behind you.

Very interested to hear your next move.

Goood luck

Cat

Hi Cat

glad to know there's someone else at my shoulder with the Northern!

I have sent the letter(yesterday) with the estimate for £4477 as they have now twice refused to provide me with all the information I need.So they will either freak out and refuse to budge,or freak out and send me the details I asked for,but I don't expect them to cough up the manual intervention notes:rolleyes:

I will leave the IC out of this (about the DPA breach) until I get a reply to my letter.Then I will make my mind up about what to do about that,depending on the content of the response.I genuinely expect this to go to small claims,but as this is limited to a max of £2k,I am inviting opinion as to the way forward on that front,as regards multiple claims for separate years etc etc.

We do live in interesting times,to paraphrase a well known chinese proverb.....

all the best to you Cat-if you need a listening ear,just post here or PM me.I'll try to help and give moral support where I can.

How much are you getting into them for?

Good to hear from you Lickthewallfatboy

Fairly complex case going back 6 + years They had our business account per accounts, life policys, PPP, mortgage, loan (they owned us for 13 years) They shut all accounts in Feb 2003 and I have fought with them about being mis sold PPP which resulted in the accounts being closed.

Quick count of what I have so far is £1895 and counting. No statements before 2001 were provided and 2000 was the worst year so I do want them.

Considering paying for statements £6.00 per sheet to get figures correct before court for charges (as the IC Office can be a very lengthy process) and then adding costs to claim.

Cat

My blood runs cold every time I see the logo or walk past a branch. This is very personal.

Just had a thought re the amount you have to claim you may end up in the high court and there appear to be all sorts of possibile downsides to that. Can a joint high court claim be entered by all the people claiming off the Northern. I have no legal experience but the solicitors do it for groups of people eg. smokers against the tabacco companies.

Are you of a legal mind? You do seem fairly sussed.

Cat

Cat

i'm not legally inclined,but I have picked up a lot in a short time here from some very helpful people.I'm trying to examine the options open to me without the high court avenue.

I wonder if a group action would be viable?I may post that in the general section and see what the general opinon is.....

I know what you mean about things being personal!!

letter dated 14 June received this morning from Nuala Walsh,Service Recovery Manager.

Jist of this was that my complaint was being taken very seriously,and that they would be investigating it with a view to replying in the next 20 days :rolleyes: my clock is going tick tock in an ever more loud fashion.....

Also included a helpful ombudsman leaflet to be added to a growing pile of waste paper!! LOL

I have drafted this letter for posting to the Northern today-

22 June 2006

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Ms XXXXX

As you will be aware,I wrote to the Northern on April 27 2006 with a DPA request for details of all charges levied on our accounts since their inception.

The information I received was totally inadequate,in that details for the past 2 years only were forthcoming.The deadline for full compliance with that DPA request was June 6 2006,and full compliance has not been achieved.The date is now June 22,so you will see that I have been more than reasonable under the terms of the legislation by not adhering strictly to that deadline.

Yesterday,I received a further automated charge on my account,which now has a debit balance of £1501.84(as of 21 June).Since my initial inquiry,(including that penalty)a further £113 has been levied in charges.This brings the known total for the 2 years details I have been furnished with to a grand total of £1904-the refund of which would bring our account up to a credit balance of £402.16

The overdraft balance on account no xxxxxxxx now consists totally of unlawful penalty charges levied on the account.I require a refund of those charges to our account as an interim measure before refund of the remaining charges for the period of non-disclosure.I would expect the balance on the account to reflect this refund by close of business on Monday 26 June 2006,otherwise the initial sum of £1904 plus interest and costs will be pursued in the Northern Ireland Small Claims Court,beginning on Tuesday 27 June,without prejudicing the further recovery of the charges pre 2004.

you have included your account number. You may wish to remove it??

would you not consider taking a small claims action against them for their non-compliance and the costs you have incurred because of this. imagine being able to charge your bank £20 for a letter, after all they think it reasonable.

I don't know as yet-I may do this if I think it would be worthwhile,but I wouldn't stoop to their level of asking £20 for a letter.....it kinda goes against the spirit of the campaign to get our money back.

As Soon As I Asked First Trust For A Written Reason For Their Non-compliance, With A View To Raising A Complaint With The Financial Ombudsmans Office, They Sent All Of The Information That Was Asked For.

It Seems To Me That All The Threats In The World Don't Scare These People, But Once They Are Faced With Court Action Or The Ombudsmans Office, They Start To Talk A Different Language

I will be checking the account at the ATM tomorrow evening,and if the funds aren't returned,it's off to NI small claims website....

Hey Lickthewallfatboy

Hope your money is back where its supposed to be! (or would I rather see the NB brought to justice in court and publicly embarrassed?) Hard call. . . . . . .

I jest. Hope your money is in.

Keep us posted.

More power to your elbow.

Cat

Please fill in your quit date here