Parking Fine now Baliffs - PCN embankment in London

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

About six months ago I received a letter through the post stating that I have a parking fine outstanding.

I was park on the embankment in London after 10.30pm but whilst there I was never issued a ticket, so you can imagine how surprised I was to receive this demand through the post.

due to my lazy self I did not do anything about it and now they have pasted on the debt to the bailiffs which I am now incurring a charge.

The Bailiff came around today unannounced and left a letter demanding payment before 7.30pm . (I don't return from work tell after 8)!

I will call and pay them tomorrow, but what is most worrying to me is, my elderly mother is here by herself and if she opens the door to them, which she will, can the legally come in and take what they like with out me being there?

It worries me that they will come here and threaten my mother to part with anything in the house.

And my mother would not know if they have any right to or not.

Can someone please let me know if stuff can still be removed even if im not present?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
Can anyone explain to me how i put the picture on the side instead of in the actual message. Thank you.

Go to User CP at the top and then go to Edit Avatar.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 4 months later...
Are you sure they are bailiff but not debt collectors? As i understand bailiff will come only after a court proceeding and dbet collectors often pretend as bailiffs.

That's not true for parking PCNs. Bailiffs will pursue unpaid PCNs.

Anyway, this thread seems a bit pointless. It's three and a half years old - why is it being resurrected?