• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Garden v Barclays - Anyone Won Yet??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Has anyone actually won against Barclays Bank???

Today Barclays filed a defence (on the last day) against my claim for bank charges & Im now wondering what the next step is??

I have read a little about this 'Court Bundle' & to be honest it scares the **** out of me! Sounds complicated.

Can anyone put me out of my misery & point me in the right direction.

Also, how much longer does this go on for? I started this claim back in Nov.

Any replies/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Garden

The question you should be asking is has anyone lost yet, the answer is no, the next step is wait for the AQ, the court bundle is just documents that need submitting into court and to the other side before the hearing, don't worry it wont go to a hearing, spend some time reading the FAQs.

Paul.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

18/11/2006 Recieved Statements from Barclays.

20/11/2006 Sent Prelim for return of £575.

27/11/2006 Received offer of £290.

4/12/2006 Sent LBA.

8/1/2007 Filed Small Claim at court.

12/02/2007 Full settlemant from Barclay's.

12/02/2007 LBA sent to Mint.

The question you should be asking is has anyone lost yet, the answer is no, the next step is wait for the AQ, the court bundle is just documents that need submitting into court and to the other side before the hearing, don't worry it wont go to a hearing, spend some time reading the FAQs.

Paul.

Ditto,

Its just a process which we all have to go through, and which the courts are finally getting tierd of.

If you want have a read of my thread I was settled on 21st Nov last year and had a court date 15th Dec last year. But some cases get settled nearer the court date so don't worry if it goes right to the wire. You will get settled.

Heres the link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/44145-tanzarelli-barclays-1st-one.html

Tanz.

Phew!!! Thanks to everyone that has replied to my thread (this site is not the easiest to navigate or it could just be my bad navigation?! :confused: )

Anyway, all replies greatly appreciated. I will indeed have a butchers at your cases & hopefully learn by them.

So, I patiently await my AQ? Will do some homework on the 'Court Bundle' and see what happens next.

Does anyone know where I look for info on the 'court bundle', sounds like I need to get cracking on this?!

Any tips again, would be a great help.

I will keep you all posted, hopefully it wont be much longer now.

Many Thanks All :-)

Hi there

Has anyone actually won against Barclays Bank???

Today Barclays filed a defence (on the last day) against my claim for bank charges & Im now wondering what the next step is??

I have read a little about this 'Court Bundle' & to be honest it scares the **** out of me! Sounds complicated.

Can anyone put me out of my misery & point me in the right direction.

Also, how much longer does this go on for? I started this claim back in Nov.

Any replies/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Garden

I won! Only 2 weeks ago as well! See my thread michelle73 vs Barclays

If you think I have been any help at all, click my scales, go on.... You know you want to! :lol:

LLoyds: (Husband) - *Settled in full* 20/12/06

Halifax: (Mum) - *Settled in full* 05/12/06

Studio: *Settled in full and more* 09/12/06

GE Capital - *Settled in full* 16/11/06

Barclays: - *Settled in full* 04/01/07

Capital One: - *Settled in full* 02/02/07

MBNA: - *Settled in full* 30/01/07

Yorkshire Bank (Friend) - *Settled in full* 30/06/07

LLoyds TSB x 3 in progress (Friend x 2 and Husband again)

Abbey National in progess (Friend)

If you think I have been any help at all, click my scales, go on.... You know you want to! :lol:

Hi Michelle

Thanks alot for your reply! Everyone is so helpful on here.

Wow! Congratulations on your Win. :) Im soo excited.

Today, I have printed off the basic court bundle. I now need to organise my statements & stuff & get it all photocopied. (Discreetly) Am I right?

Need to do some more reading to make sure Im doing the right thing!

Thanks

Make sure in your bundle you only include the statements that actually show a charge!! I didn't and it took me ages to photocopy it (also discreetly). You are doing things exactly right. To save yourself a few quid, make sure when the bundles are ready, you take the copy that needs to go to churchill place into your local barclays and ask them to send it in their internal mail system. They won't be happy (welcome to our world) and they will make a song and dance out it, asking you for a mail van number etc (like I would know that?). Don't take no for an answer, they cannot refuse to do this. Also get a receipt for it. You will find that they are very very very reluctant to put their name to it and will more than likely disappear to have a word with their gaffer!!! The minimum they can give you is a photocopy of the address label attached to the bundle. They should date stamp it and sign. Jobs a good un!!

• Haha 1

Thanks for the reply Michelle. Yes you have been very helpful, I hope I can ask you for help again?? :)

Sorry for sounding a bit of a durr brain, but what do you mean 'click on your scales'??

Right, Im off now to bury my head in this 'Court Bundle' & face these 100mph Winds!

Wish me luck.

Thanks for the reply Michelle. Yes you have been very helpful, I hope I can ask you for help again?? :)

Sorry for sounding a bit of a durr brain, but what do you mean 'click on your scales'??

Right, Im off now to bury my head in this 'Court Bundle' & face these 100mph Winds!

Wish me luck.

Good luck, though you don't need it!! When you look at the left hand side of the screen under someones user name you will see some scales and a warning triangle. If you think that someone has been helpful, when you click on their scales you can award someone reputation points. These are the green blobs under your name. The more green blobs, the better your reputation is. If you hover over the green blobs, there will be a box that comes up and describes you! Think mine is informative. With regard to more help if needed. Of course. ask away!!! if it is easier and you need a quick answer it is usually easier to send someone a private message. This can be done by clicking someones user name and you should get a list of things you can do. Hope this helps:D

• Confused 1

Hi Guys

Received my AQ today & the defence from Barclays.

Do the Bank send the same defence for most cases? Mine is 8 points long and goes something like this:

1. The Particulars of claim do not provide details or particulars of the account in question and / or the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful, or the date thereof. To the extent it is alleged that the Claimant incurred bank charges on her account for unauthorised borrowings (whether unpaid fees for returned cheques, "Paid Referral fess" or any other such fees), the defendant puts the Claimant to strict proof of each charge and the date thereof.

Now Im no legal boff but am I right in saying that they are trying to tell me I havnt put the dates / details on my claim?? I have followed this process step by step & used the letters / spreadsheet in the templates library... so what the he** are they talking about???

Then the defence blah's on about charges, I signed a contract, terms & conditions, blah, blah, blah...

So my question to you is: Do they send this to everyone???? Im just looking for peace of mind.

Just wanna make sure I get this right, Ive come this far, am NOT letting them win!!!

Any response would be greatly received. :-)

Hey Paul

Thanks for the reply, yes I have put my account no on all correspondance. Am I cool? :cool:

Few questions I have on the AQ:

C. Am I agreeing that the small claims track is the most suitable track for this claim?

D. Do I have any witnesses?

Should I put anything in the 'Other Information' box?

Thankyou soooo much for tips! :)

Hey Paul

Thanks for the reply, yes I have put my account no on all correspondance. Am I cool? :cool:

C. Am I agreeing that the small claims track is the most suitable track for this claim?

Yes your cool. check out the templates library theres guidance for filling in the AQ.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hey Paul

Hello

Yes to C, small claims most appropriate. Witnesses, no. And any other information should read:

"I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one, it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of it's customers contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without arguement. However, the continuing problem is (in common with the hundreds of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal details of their penalty charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that this is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

I believe this case should last no more than one hour."

Just cut and paste this lot in and it will save you typing it all out again!:D

That's Brilliant Michelle!

Really appreciate that. Will cut n paste like you say. Hope I can be as much help as you have been. :)

My pal is doing this against HSBC & my sis also is after the Royal Bank of Scotland, so hopefully i can pass on these words of wisdom.

Thanks to your lot!

And of course this fabulous site!

Watch this space. :grin:

That's Brilliant Michelle!

Really appreciate that. Will cut n paste like you say. Hope I can be as much help as you have been. :)

My pal is doing this against HSBC & my sis also is after the Royal Bank of Scotland, so hopefully i can pass on these words of wisdom.

Thanks to your lot!

And of course this fabulous site!

Watch this space. :grin:

No worries!!

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

Well, I have a read through the New Strategy for the AQ & the standard version and I have decided to stick with the Standard form.

Although the New Strategy sounds a good idea to settle early & get this whole thing over & done with (And I Also like the idea that we are calling the shots!) I feel it's not suitable for me.

Im not up to preparing all that information & knowing my Luck, I would miss the deadline, therefore losing my case! That does not bare about thinking. :x

I've also waited this long, a few more weeks / months wont make any more difference.

Q) My claim is approx £1057.53, do I have to pay a fee for the AQ?

Q) Should I send my Court Bundle to the court & Barclays before the AQ?

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

Well, I have a read through the New Strategy for the AQ & the standard version and I have decided to stick with the Standard form.

Although the New Strategy sounds a good idea to settle early & get this whole thing over & done with (And I Also like the idea that we are calling the shots!) I feel it's not suitable for me.

Im not up to preparing all that information & knowing my Luck, I would miss the deadline, therefore losing my case! That does not bare about thinking. :x

I've also waited this long, a few more weeks / months wont make any more difference.

Q) My claim is approx £1057.53, do I have to pay a fee for the AQ?

Q) Should I send my Court Bundle to the court & Barclays before the AQ?

Thanks Guys

Nope, no fee. Over £1500 and you pay £100.00, you get that back though. Wait now until you get a letter from your court telling you when your hearing date is and they will also tell you when you need to get your bundles dished out. Usually two weeks before the hearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Well just an update & I do have a small question.

Filled my AQ in & gave to the court before the deadline, am just waiting to hear from then for a hearing date.

Q: When putting together the court bundle, should I just put copies of the bank statements with the charges on in the bundle or every bank statement?? Would be a lot, if so!

Q: Should I be sending my court bundle into the courts & to the bank, in question now?

Or do I wait to hear from the court?

Any comments kindly received! :)

Hi Guys

Well just an update & I do have a small question.

Filled my AQ in & gave to the court before the deadline, am just waiting to hear from then for a hearing date.

Q: When putting together the court bundle, should I just put copies of the bank statements with the charges on in the bundle or every bank statement?? Would be a lot, if so!

Q: Should I be sending my court bundle into the courts & to the bank, in question now?

Or do I wait to hear from the court?

Any comments kindly received! :)

Hello stranger!!

Personally, cos I am a bad bitch! I was tempted to include every statement as I thought "stuff it, I had to look through every one so they can". In the end I decided to include them all so there would be no questions as to where missing pages were etc. There is no need to do this though. If it makes it easier, just include ones with charges clearly highlighted. Second question, I prepared all the bundles and waited until I heard from the court with a date before I submitted them. Take them in person to the court and the local barclays branch, might as well save yourself some postage! Good luck and keep in touch