"Nationwide Will Close My Account"

Howard0181
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great site this!!!!

I have a Flex Account with Nationwide with a small overdraft facility. I dont use the account a lot and wrote a cheque which I thought I had covered. I was wrong by about £1.75 and for that I have a £30.00 fee to pay.

I have written two letters asking for the money back and in the last I said I would go to Court by issuing a County Court Summons for £30.00 plus Court Fee.

The last reply yesterday said they would not pay any money. I phoned and said they had till Monday to give me my £30.00 back or I would sue.

I had a phone call from a manager at 8.00pm yesterday and she said that Nationwide's policy is never to pay before Court. She said that if I sue they will pay me the money BUT "Nationwide will close my account". She also said something like they will issue a "notice of closure to me".

Howard

i'd let them close the account, you said that you don't use the account so would it matter if they closed it?? as long as you get your £30 back, i'd tell them to go ahead :)

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

I just noticed another £30.00 fee!!

Someone posted the Nationwide contact details (solicitor at Swindon) and so I have emailed him.

I will sue unless I get paid £60.00 by Monday 22nd January 2007.

As for the closure I dont want to have the account closed but I will not be bullied.

Regards

Howard

too right its £60 thats YOURS, keep us updated, but i think they probably will close the account :?

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Hi ALL!

The Standard Advice is to make sure that U open a "Parachute" Account and transfer all your wages and DD's etc to it before U start taking action against not ONLY Nationwide, but ALL Banks who U intend claiming from.

That way they won't have U over a barrel when, as in Nationwide's case, they tend to CLOSE your account out of spite!

Hope this helps?!

from what i have read on here, they can't touch the childrens accounts, not sure were you stand on your mortgage account is this one of the accounts you are claiming your charges back from, not sure if this is right but don't think they can touch this either, think they will close the accounts that you are claiming againist, how much are you claiming in charges? on how many accounts? i thought they'd be o.k but its maybe cause the account i'm claiming from was closed last year, this is maybe why they are be a*sey with me :mad:

Hi sinking fast!

IMHO

I believe that we are talking about the Closing of Current and Savings Accounts.

For a Bank to Unilaterally close a Mortgage or Loan Account, which is for a predetermined Fixed Term and where the Claimant is up to date with re-payments, would been a Breach of Contract on their part and leave them liable to obvious Legal Action.

I think the rationale with regards your concerns about your kids accounts can be best summed up by redsue in her posts #55 + #57 of her Thread in the following link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/28574-authorised-interest-unauthorised-interest-3.html

Am looking to see whether I can book her to CLOSE my Nationwide Flexaccount for me as well, when the time is right.

...Apparently she also does weddings, baptisms and barmitzphers!!!...rofl...:p

Hope this helps?!

from what i have read on here, they can't touch the childrens accounts, not sure were you stand on your mortgage account is this one of the accounts you are claiming your charges back from, not sure if this is right but don't think they can touch this either, think they will close the accounts that you are claiming againist, how much are you claiming in charges? on how many accounts? i thought they'd be o.k but its maybe cause the account i'm claiming from was closed last year, this is maybe why they are be a*sey with me :mad:

I'm not claiming against my mortgage account, just the one current account, not sure about the amount yet. But you think it will be okay? I'm sure they will have some clause that they can call in the loan at any time.

Banks aren't operating an "unofficial" blacklist of people who have claimed are they?

I'm not claiming against my mortgage account, just the one current account, not sure about the amount yet. But you think it will be okay? I'm sure they will have some clause that they can call in the loan at any time.

Banks aren't operating an "unofficial" blacklist of people who have claimed are they?

hope they aren't, not heard that before anyway, i was in the BOS today for the first time since claiming back my charges and everyone was being so nice to me, probably got nothing to do with claiming back the charges (they probably don't even know about it) just cause i haven't been in for a while:confused:

still think from what i've been reading that they'll close the account your claiming againist, but i'd just open another account somewhere else, its YOUR money at the end of the day but if because they'd close your account you don't claim back YOUR money then thats up to you, but its just letting them get away with YOUR money!

I'm not claiming against my mortgage account, just the one current account, not sure about the amount yet. But you think it will be okay? I'm sure they will have some clause that they can call in the loan at any time.If U are so sure, re-read your loan agreement and post what it says on here!

Banks aren't operating an "unofficial" blacklist of people who have claimed are they?The wording of the S.A.R. Template Letter indicates that U will be Re-claiming your unlawful Charges.

My advice still stands, even if U imaginge in your worst nightmare that Banks keep a "Blacklist" of Claimants...

Open a parachute account BEFORE U start the Re-claiming process!

Why would U want to keep ANY accounts with a Bank that has been trying to rip U off personally???

The fact that Nationwide is still technically a Building Society makes it even worst.

...They should exist for the benefit of their Members...i.e...YOU

Hope this helps clarify?!

Yeah, the fact that it is a Building Society really bugs me, and especially as I have Kids savings, mortgage and house insurance with them. Unfortunately, is there any bank which will not try to fleece us? Any that have a sensible policy to unauthorised O/D and returned DD or S/O's?

My mortgage is a 10 year fixed rate, which I am blessed with having in these days of rising interest rates.