alice25 v's Abbey

alice25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am officially p***ed off now!!!!!!!!!!! went to court yesterday, explained to judge that Abbey had paid and that I wished to seek wasted costs as I believed they behaved unreasonably. He said 'who told you to say that', i explained that i felt they never intended to defend and he just turned round and said ' well they have alot of cases on at the moment and i dont believe that there taking time to pay you is unreasonable due to the amount of claims at present' BA****D! any way I gave him copy of the letter i sent to court (which hadnt made its way to court file so he had never seen it) saying abbey were settling and requesting costs, showed him the list of cases settled early and he turned round and said 'did abbey give you permission to use this information, lots of implications surrounding the data protection act. You cannot use it!' Then asked me where I got it from so I explained and told him that it was people who had submitted there names to list so had given permission. He wasnt having any of it!!!!!!!!! ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO NEXT THEN GUYS??

Hi Alice

Soz to hear that you didn't have a productive day:(

From what I gather you have sent a letter to court already requesting costs? but have not actually made a formal request - this is outlined in Gary H's thread above, he mentions the fact that it may be best to submit a formal request, you have to pay but the judge is more likely to acknowledge a formal request.

What I would do now in a last attempt to reach a settlement on costs is email a copy over to Abbey of this draft formal request and ask them to give this their consideration before you actually submit a formal request to court. You never know one final threat may eventually get them to make you an offer.....fingers crossed;)

Have you started maternity leave yet? I finally finish Friday....can't wait, it seems the morning sickness has returned for me and really wish I was back in bed at the mo:rolleyes: See you around.

Brownie24 & bump xxx

Cheers for that Brownie, I would just give up but £379 is alot of money to me! and the judge peed me off that much makes me want to submit a formal request! I will have a look at garyH thread again and go from there, head not really into it today!!!!

finish for maternity leave on fri! seems like forever! got half day today and tommorrow as have appointments (see you on bounty to talk about that!) :p im with you on the sickness thing, MW said it can be sign that things are starting to happen, lets hope so hey!!

see you on bounty in a bit x x

Sorry your costs application at court failed Alice.....brave to go through with it considering your current condition. Out of interest...which court was it?

I am formally applying for wasted costs.....my N244 will be filed on Friday...costs £35. I have made several attempts at negotiating with Abbey but all have been turned down.....not other option but to try the formal route now.

Wish you all the very best....'specially with bubs coming along any time now.

Hi alice!! I too am sorry to hear the outcome at court, but i think yr a brave woman to go thru with it at all!!!!! After seeing what Clarion went thru and others in front of the judge id never do it, what a coward i am!! :D

all the best for what u decide to do next and dont forget to announce the birth on here (take a lappy into hospital with ya)!!! :-o

Luv

bonnie

• 3 weeks later...

Well Abbey have written and are settling my second claim in full, £2500 YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!! only prob is i have been back through my paperwork and realised i didnt claim enough, how thick!!! I am about £700 short! I am thinking of making anothre claim for the outstanding amount.

On a brighter note, my little girl was born on Saturday 21st July at 13.50 weighing 8lb 10oz, we have called her Freya.:D :D :D

So two lots of good news this week!!!!!!!!!!!