• Tweets

• we dont get N157 because its new OCMC but no court dont have evidence either.   Just seems a bit of a pointless wait but oh well
    • Post #9 suggested some options to avoid or put off having a smart meter. Post #12 a simple solution to your complaint about the ay they handle fixed monthly DD. It's not really clear why you posted if you're going get irate when members "jump in" with suggestions. You can see what I'm referring to on "gasracker.uk" to allay your suspicion that I was lying in Post #16 which was made to correct ther misinformation shown in your Post #15
    • Back to octopus from the smart meter/tariff salesperson. Octopus have now said just ignore the letter - I dont have to have one despite there letter implying (at least) it was required, but that i will HAVE to have a smart meter if current meters stop working as 'their suppliers dont supply non smart meters any more'. They also say they do not/will not disable any smart functionality when they fit a smart meter I am of course going to challenge that. Thats their choice of meter fitter/supplier problem not mine
    • Point taken that we should inform new Caggers that the £20 option is there in wrong registration cases.  Well, supposedly there, who knows what the PPCs would do in practice.  Anyway, the option is allegedly there with both the BPA as you say, but also the IPC (I've just checked). However, there's a danger here of baby, bathwater. The two easiest types of cases to win are (a) residential - due to Supremacy of Contract and (b) wrong registration - due to "de minimis".  Indeed until recently we has been boasting that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing. We simply can do nothing about a terrible judge.  The judge seems - I say seems because we haven't had all the details - to have ignored "de minimis",. got fixated on a sign and awarded unreasonable behaviour costs.  A totally bizarre judgement.
    • You mean your witness statement 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lesley. V. A&L **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry Mucth..

here is the full copy of my poc...

1. The claimant had an account 4********3 with the defendant which was opened on or around 11th october 1999

2. during the period in which the account has been opened the defendaint debited numerous charges to the account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The claimant understands that the defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms and conditions between itself and the claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim

4. The claimant contends that.

a) The charges debited to the account are punitive in nature, and are not a qenuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the defendant, exceed any alleged actual loss to the defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the claimant, and are not intended to represent or relate to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the defendant which ecercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations (1999) the unfair contract terms act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the claimant claims.

a) the return of the amount debited in respect of charges in the sum of £1477.50 and any interest charged thereon.

b) Court cost.

c) interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

6. alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under s.15 of the supply of goods and service act (1982)

i beleive that the contents of these particulars of claim are true.

sign... lesh45..

dated 26/3/2007

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right up date.. i have today ( thursday) recieved my court date which is ( and you wont believe this but... ) Friday 13th July 2007 the judge has kept it in the small claims and he has allowed 15 minutes for the hearing. so it looks like it will be a in and out job. and not to long.which is a good thing, as i no the nerves will get the better of me once the day arrives.

i will once again keep you posted as to what happens.. and good luck to every one else with their claim.

Thanks for posting them, the PoC are fine Lesley :)

If it's only the one charge that's over 6 years, I wouldn't worry about it right now. It'll be up to you whether you think it's worth it to investigate & understand the Limitation Act arguments (plenty of threads around here - see my RBoS one as an example) for the sake of 1 charge - of course, that is if it ends up in court anyway! ;):D

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Well it has been a few days now and nothing from A&L or their solicitors. buit then was to be expected. i know one thing the time is getting closer FRIDAY 13TH JULY 2007 WILL soon be here just hope it goes ok thou. but i think i am allowed some nerves at this point. like always i wil keep you all posted.

Well done Lesh 45 you've got us all waiting on the edge of our seats, I personally think you should be so proud of yourself and now brimming wth confidence, your best summer ever awaits for july 13th, i've been following your progress and must thank you for leading the way so well. I am now about to hand in my N1 to my local court, so maybe I'll be celebrating come early autumn, but it still seems such a long waiting game. Wishing you good fortune very soon.

Kerrianne

• 2 weeks later...

well just a short update... i have today post my court bundle to wragge & co solicitors. giving them a little more than 14 days before the court date. still havent heard a thing from them. not even recieved their court bundle yet !!... wonder if they ever will send one.. three weeks to go. that will soon be here. hope to report with some good news soon. well fingures crossed.

will keep you posted.. and good luck to everyone. keep up the good fight ~S~

well just a short update... i have today post my court bundle to wragge & co solicitors. giving them a little more than 14 days before the court date. still havent heard a thing from them. not even recieved their court bundle yet !!... wonder if they ever will send one.. three weeks to go. that will soon be here. hope to report with some good news soon. well fingures crossed.

Hi there,

I'm waiting to hear from Wragge with their court stuff ... mine's all submitted and Wragge only have a few days left. If you don't receive their papers in the time specified by the judge, you can apply for judgement by default by sending/delivering a letter to the judge.

I have a letter ready which one of the mods. kindly sent to me, so post on here (or PM me) if you want it.icon7.gif

Mimi

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Yes best of luck - I am trying to find out if anyone else on this thread is up before you ?

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Know ing my luck i am the only one who has a hearing this close.. but i still havent heard a thing from wragge & co. they have until this Friday to send me their copy of the court bundle. which is 14 days before the hearing. and if i am right that includes the weekend. ie... (saturday & Sunday) not sure their to be honest if i include the weekends or not. BUT.. if i dont hear anything then i will file for a judgement. I will let you know if i hear anything before Friday....

speak soon

Know ing my luck i am the only one who has a hearing this close.. but i still havent heard a thing from wragge & co. they have until this Friday to send me their copy of the court bundle. which is 14 days before the hearing. and if i am right that includes the weekend. ie... (saturday & Sunday) not sure their to be honest if i include the weekends or not. BUT.. if i dont hear anything then i will file for a judgement. I will let you know if i hear anything before Friday....

speak soon

Two people are up in court this coming week (Tuesday and Friday), but in Ireland. Both post regularly on moneysavingexpert.com

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

speak soon

there is at least one A&L case up at mercantile court Thurs - so watch out for result

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/97702-alliance-leicester-mercantile.html

there is a section under General for all the mercantile court cases - J.Barton has a few threads running including this one.

Not sure if A&L are turning up - it is a bulk hearing case - I thought it was Fri - but it is thurs.

Jansus:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

right friends... i have today recieved this letter from A&L not sure what you will all think about it but to me it was a threatening. and sounded like the gloves were off.. let me know your thoughts please.

also... today wednesday still nothing from A&L solicitors only 2 days left then judgement wil be going in...

here is a full copy of the letter..

Dear Mrs. H

Although i have already asked yopu to clear the overdraft on your account, it is still overdrawn by £48.38... this does not include administration fees or debt interest that will now become due.

You must repay the debt immediately, otherwise further action will be taken which may lead to the closure of your account and legal action being taken against you. this could result in adverse information being recorder against you with a credit referance bureau, which may make it difficult for you to get credit facitities elsewhere.

As this is a serious matter you should not issue any further payments until your account returns to credit, also no fruther stationery can be ordered for you.

Please note that if you have a flexiplan or flexiplan plus account, withdrawal of your current account will mean that the poutstanding balance of the account will become immediately repayable in line with conditions9.2 of the flexiplan/flexiplanplus conditions of use.

In accordance with your account terms and conditions, any funds available in a linked currant or savings account will be transfered to cover the amount overdrawn, or will be used as a part payment.

Please note you can get help from your nearest citzens advice bureau or trading standards department, alternatively you can ring us on the above number to discuss this matter further.

RIGHT i would like to add these points,

1) £190 ( which is benifit for caring for my sick son) went into my account last monday i took £150 out leaving my account in credit. they then charged me another £50 in overdraft charges. This then took me overdrawn again. NOT me.. it was there actions that has done this. YET i get these letters. I feel so angry about it i could ring them and give them ****. then i think i will ignore it and see what they do.

it would be nice to hear your thoughts on this letter and what i should do... and can i had this letter to my court bundel for the friday 13th july.

will keep you all posted soon..

reading where they can take money form another account to clear my account...

I have a joint account with my husband. can they take the money from there to clear my own account. He is also taking action against them, but he is at the very first stage. and if they did what can be done to stop this. after all he is not responsible for my debts the same as i am not for his.. yes i have the money to do it myself, but i feel why should i when it was them that took me overdrwan in the first place.

maybe a moderater could advice me.. or a sight helper please.

my main questions are.

can they take the money from my husbands account to repay my one

and

can they close my account while money is still going into this account. this would cost me my benifit if they do that.

do i send a letter to A&L stateing that i am in a litigation with them and that a copy of this letter will be added to my court bundel.

or do i shell out another £50 to shut them up. which would of given them a total of £100 this month alone.

I am not sure what to do with they above and any help would be great.

Lesley, if I was in your situation I'd pay up to make the problem go away.

By your own admission you can afford to do so. It sounds like this would cause you no great hardship, so why not take the easy way out and relieve yourself of an extra headache?

The charges that caused the o/d can be added to your claim so you'll get them back anyway.

OK, they may win this small battle, but you will eventually win the war, and then you'll have the satisfaction of taking the moral high ground. So don't give in to the anger, it really isn't worth the emotional expenditure. :cool:

well folks.

this has happened today (friday) absolutly nothing from wragge & co, there dead line was no later than 14 days before the hearing which was up today.. so this afternoon at 3pm i went and put my request for judgement in at the county court... all i can do now is wait to hear back from the court. if my judgement is granted. i will then send a letter that Bankfodder has already prepared saying about wasting the courts time.

I have also sent a copy of the request for judgement to wragge & co solicitors for their files.

will keep you posted once i have heard back from the court.

good luck everyone.

Good luck lesleyicon7.gif That's you, me and redgemini all in the same boat!

By the way, could you be an angel and send me the link to Bankfodder's wasted costs letter so I can take a look.

Mimi x

your claim

this has happened today (friday) absolutly nothing from wragge & co, there dead line was no later than 14 days before the hearing which was up today.. so this afternoon at 3pm i went and put my request for judgement in at the county court...

Request for judgement? Why? Have you had an order from the court that says you can apply for judgement if they haven't submitted their bundle? I've just looked back over the thread, and can't see one.

When you submitted the AQ, did the judge make an order after it, or are you just assuming the draft order that you included was an actual order? If you're assuming that, it isn't - the judge needs to make it into a proper order.

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement