miss_CORErupted vs Natwest

miss_CORErupted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i'm new to the site and i have been reading up loads threads

Unfortunatley i have just manged to confuse myself

I have 2 bank accounts with Natwest and i'm going to start claiming my bank charges back. I have all my statements so i have gone though and worked out how much i'm owed (£500 and £2000 approx). SO now what do i do? to be blunt

Any help would be gratefully recieved :)

Hi and Welcome!!!!

theres a step by step guide in the FAQ section and a lot of usefull advice, so id have another read of it :)

sounds like your next step is to put all the charges (one account at a time) into one of Vamps spreadsheets and get your Prelimiary request for repayment letter ready!

good luck.

Can i just do my own spreadsheet on Excel???

cause i really can't find the other 1 and now i got up the nerve to do this i need to move quickly!!!

Also should i set up a spare bank account just in case (i'm currently £1000 o/d)??

thanks

Brilliant website btw

Guest Scarletrose

Hi miss Corerupted,

i dunno about claiming them both at the same time i would say its entirely up yo you, i know no rules that say you cant but i dont know for sure. this isnt gospel but the smaller amounts ie the £500 claim seem to get paid out faster, but i'm not sure if you do them at the same time it will, the other factor is if you do them both at the same time, if or when it gets to mcol stage it will mean finding 2 lots of mcol fee and 2 lots of AQ fee, i really dont know wot to suggest to you, i'm sure someone else could advise you on this.

with regards to setting up a parachute account ie another bank account with a different bank yes definetely do it.

i hope this helps

scarlet

Cool thanks for the help

I'll def open a new account now and then should i transfer my pay and dd etc over in preperation??

I think i can claim the 2 amounts sep as it's 2 sep accounts and i can claim the fees back as well can't i??

i may need my hand holding though this as i'm crap with money, writing letters and confrontation (i hope to god court doesn't come up) hehe

Guest Scarletrose

i'll do me best to help you miss

yes do the other account with d/ds pay etc, do you owe an overdrat on the other acconut if so be a good idea to make an arrangement to pay it off with wot you can afford until your claim comes in,

yes you can claim the fees back

hope this helps

scarlet

Right i've applied for a A&l account cause it comes with a interest free o/d for a year and they can transfer everything over (fingers crossed now)

totted up my main NatWest account it comes to a grand total off £2308 and with the 8% it's £2742.

i'll make sure everything goes though with a&l before i send the letter off

i was charged over £600 in 1 month!!!!!

i can't belive it the scappy [edit]

right i had enuf of natwest!!

during my review on the phone the lady told me being constantly in my o/d (to the tune of £1150) that i'm getting a bad credit rating from that anyways that's not the prob, she suggested getting a loan to pay it off!!! i explained the last thing i want is another loan, she told be that the repayments would only be £69 a month!! i said if i could afford that i would have paid the o/d off by now.

Well the loan agreement came throught the door the other day, after i said i didn't want it!!!!

Also the font in t&c must be about 2-3mms big!! i've never seen it so small. I can't read it or understand it. I'm dislex which i think i will make them aware of and ask for the terms in palin english hehe

hi miss just read your thread. i claimed for 2 seperate natwest accounts on one claim and had it settled in full with no problems so there is no reason u should do 2 claims. also i thought u said u were transfrerring your overdraft to a&l as its interest free. i would tear the loan agreement up from nawest and dont sign it - get rid of natwestand start afresh. i was told that my credit rating was bad and getting worse via natwest yet joined lloyds and was offered a premier acct the best u can get and told that on a scale of 1(low)-10(high) my score was 9!!!! get it moving girl ang get ya money back x

NatWest (CLAIM 1) - £2181.24 SETTLED IN FULL

VIRGIN MBNA - £377 SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST

NATWEST (CLAIM 2) - £1008.30 - SETTLED IN FULL

yeh natwest dont keep any records of manual interventions so the sar wont come up with anything if i were u id send it as if (which i doubt) u end up in court u have done it. u could just proceed with your prelim and sar etc whilst u wait for it though as u have the info u need already, then, if the time comes to go to court u can prove u have requested details of any manual interventions etc.

NatWest (CLAIM 1) - £2181.24 SETTLED IN FULL

VIRGIN MBNA - £377 SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST

NATWEST (CLAIM 2) - £1008.30 - SETTLED IN FULL

cool

i have a few question

i have letter 1 (SAR) with my account numbers on it

Do i need my sort codes (accounts are at different branches)

I thought we couldn't claim the £10 back?

I have takien off the line about being happy to pick up at my local branch is this ok (it's not possible in live in mid-wales opening hrs are 10-3 mon - fri and i work 8.30 till 6)

Thanks

Emma

also if i goes to court etc i was wondering i have dislexia which makes long big wordrd documents hard to understand should i make them aware of it now which means i could use disability discrimation act against them if i ask for simple langauge??? maybe just a thought

SAR - I do'nt think that Sort Codes will be totally necessary but you could maybe add what branch they were at and yes you can claim the £10 back, remoiving the line about pcking up is fine too.

As far as the court thing I am not sure if you would actually need to be registered as disabled to use this act and although the documents used can look intimidating we are all here to support you anyway.

• Confused 1

Ex CAG helper ^_^