• Tweets

• These dates stated are within last 6 years. So what is the challenge here. Are the dates/amounts wrong ?   "for the period 01/04/2014 to 08/07/2015. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year  from 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019 on £304 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of the judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.21"
    • I repeat, the seller has the right under the CRA to repair. That is exactly what they have offered.   The OP doesn’t even know what the fault is, you cannot simply reject if a light has appeared. OP is being completely unreasonable.   The CRA is designed to be fair to both parties, it is not one sided.         
    • I only got the car 3 weeks ago, had the car serviced as it was coming up to the service date and was advised by the garage that the Tyres were illegal so I think it’s cut and dry really. The fact is I was allowed to drive a car off the forecourt with 2 bald tyres and I was told by dealer the car had been checked and surely Tyres should have been part of the check.
    • Less than 100 miles not enough miles or time to wear the Tyres enough according to the garage. I’m more angry I could have got up to a £5000 fine and 6 points, what would the dealership responsibilities be then? 
    • If the OP follows king’s advice and then the neighbour’s roof leaks, who do you think the neighbour will blame? a) the dodgy “roofers” (who will be long gone), b) the OP for “damaging a perfectly good repair” (even if they don’t damage it, and it wasn’t a good repair!), or c) someone else   King may be technically correct, but the OP following their advice isn’t likely to end well if the neighbour is already ‘difficult’. 
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
lizzielie

Lizzie v Abbey- Need Help

Hi,

Could anyone please give me some advise. I have sent of the DPA request for a closed Abbey account. The account was taken over by a debt company as it was still an overdraft to be paid of. To cut a long story short, due to some financial difficulties, the interest was frozen.

However now, the debt company has decided we should pay interest and will give Abbey this advise. They have not asked for any proof that our situation has changed. Is this something Abbey has started to do? And surely as debt was taken over by a third party, Abbey should no longer be involved.

Maybe this is little on the side of what the forum is about, but we can surely not afford to pay more each month, and I am sure Abbey is doing this as because of the action taken.

Any advice is greatly appreciated of the best way to approach.

Lizzie

The debt may be handled by another firm, but they may no have purchased it. In that scenario, they would need to talk to Abbey.

Either way, they cannot force you to do something without a court order. If you have already reached this stage without the intervention of a court, then simply stick to your guns about how much you can afford. If they do put interest back on, then they will have to split your payments when they receive them.

There are letters available, on the web (I can search for you if you like) - that will help you ask for them to suspend interest again.

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for super speedy reply.

I will first of all try to speak to them, however they have only given us two days to respond...

If needs be, I will need to ask for the letter.

Thanks again.

Lizzie

If you do need further help after tomorrow, best ask another mod - I will be on my jollies!!

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

A quick update of what has happened.

Luckily they did not start to apply charges to our outsanding debt:) They did listen to reason. Nice surprise. I suppose because it is not Abbey directly???

Two days before the 40 day deadline expired, I recived the standard letter with the microfche argument. Then followed up giving them 7days to respond. This was about three weeks ago:mad: Still no reply:mad:

In the midst of it all, our computer broke down:(, so Abbey have extra time to deal with it.

So tomorrow I will give them a call to see what is happening with the request for my statements. I do not expect anything though. And if have understood my past 2 hours of reading, my next step will be court action for non compliance with the data protection act. Getting little bit more nervous now.

Plus, should probably not have done this at the same time as planning a wedding....

Yes, it's court action for non-compliance - but don't let this worry you.

As far as 'costs' are concerned on the claim, keep them low and relevant. Postage, phone calls etc are fine.

Just an update of what has happened so far. I did ring Abbey on the 29th of June. They advised me that the statemnets were on its way with a couple of weeks.

So being the good girl, I have waited. And as they say: good things comes to those who waits, Today a big, fat envelope arrived with all the statements!!

So, on this sunny day, I marked of all our charges, a total of £682.00. I never thought I would ever find myself thinking it was fun to read through bank-statements!

The letter requesting the refunds charges (with details of charges) has been typed and printed ready to be sent on Monday.

So Abbey, if you are reading this, please give me my money back! We need it for our wedding :-D :-D

Best of luck - on both fronts :-)

Hi,

A quick question, due to various reasons, I did not pursue Abbey after they refused (no surprise) to refund the charges. This was in the end of July last year. Can I continue now with the LBA letter, or do I need to send the original letter requesting the refund again?

Lizzie

Having read sevreal threads, it seems Abbey is changing tactics from my last read through. My head is spinning from all this. And I am a touch worried I have missed something out...

Abbey has filed the acknowledgment and also sent me th standard letter of not having any details of my charges. From what I have read, it seems most peeps have received goodwill gestures. Not me:( Oh well, maybe they are saving this for a later date???

As Abbey is asking for a phone number, has anyone actually received a phonecall from them? Or do they just communicate by e-mail?

Lizzie

Hi lizzie,

Opinion varies about providing contact details...some people on here just give e-mail addy's and some give phone details as well. It's whatever you feel comfortable with, but it seems to me to be how the final negotiations take place. Obviously with e-mail you've got a record of the discussion.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Thanks,

Would be more comfortable with e-mail (too easy to mess up on the phone). Thanks Charleyfarley.

Another quck question: When include the list of charges, the amount has increased slighlty since when it was submitted to the court, do I amend, or send it like it is? Thanks

Lizzie, send the version which matches your N1 court claim. The slight increase is obviously accruing daily interest, but that's taken care of in the final settlement figure by the standard words which you put (I hope) in your Particulars of Claim along the lines of "and interest at 8% from the date of claim until the date of victory in court or earlier caving in by the Defendant". Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

I have finally been given a court date!! Bad news; its the 5th September!! After reading about the new tactics of the allocation Questionnaire (I did not have to fill this in), I am now going to send Abbey a letter. However, Hubby and I are moving abroad before the day in court, the question is do I mention this, or should I keep scthum?? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Lizzie

I now think Abbey has forgotten all about me!!!

My day in court is on Wednesday...

So far no offers, no stay, no nothing:confused: I don't fancy paying £400 for a flight, and then Abbey turning up in court for a stay. It would be about half the claim, and it does not seem to be worth it.

Emails and calls (plus previous letters) have come to nothing. It seems everyone else is receiving some kind of goodwill offers. And my head is spinning after some last minute reading of what happens next.

Anyway, that was my mini moan of the day.

Take care all:)

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group