• Tweets

• Thanks I just had a quick look.  Will study over the w/e My friend does have kids. But it's a really dysfunctional family.  They don't talk.   Many years ago he sold 2 property assets and gave them a lot of money (enough to buy homes w/o loans) .  They've done nothing for him in the last 2 decades. And he altered his will so his new partner gets everything; the kids nothing (more). The 1st form I glanced at - to be deputy - asks for family details.   If I give his kids details I suspect the authorities may say they should get the deputy job instead?  Then  they will steal the money and give nothing to his partner. I can get a copy of the medical assessment  - and get it translated.  If need be.   This has all happened very quickly.  He got sick. And that must have kick-started dementia.   He was fine to hold a detailed conversation 6months ago; now he cant
    • Hi I think the only way around this as he lacks capacity is someone is going to have to apply to be a deputies via the Courts as he has assets here in the UK and a UK Bank Account which will take time and there will possible be Court Fees to make the application. Also if the Lack of Capacity (Dementia) was diagnosed abroad the person applying for deputies will need that diagnosis and it will need to be translated legally for the UK Courts so possibly cost for this as well. Also for reference although you were assisting them before the lack of capacity and had authority to act on there behalf that no longer stands due to there diagnosis of Dementia therefore Lack of Capacity so you no longer have any authority legally to act on there behalf unless the below is actioned or someone has Power of Attorney for that individual (which was setup before the Lack of Capacity) Have a wee look at these links: https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/topics/private-client/mental-capacity-international-aspects#:~:text=You might need to make,act within the foreign jurisdiction https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-public-guardian I have got to ask with the Dementia diagnoses are you 100% sure the diagnosis states they Lack Capacity as not everyone that gets a Dementia diagnoses may lack capacity initially. Now the Office of the Public Guardian link above you could also consider giving them a call just to give them a brief on this situation and get there advice on what documents etc are needed for deputies to be appointed as the person with Lack of Capacity is abroad.
    • Ultimately, when systems wobble, there is little that can be done - except wait for a fix.View the full article
    • The ready-made drinks are at the heart of a labour dispute that saw thousands of Ontario liquor board workers walk off the job.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

new+need advice re NATWEST

shirleyc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello to all-after reading the forums for last few weeks i'm ready to start claim against Natwest.need bit of advice on couple of points first please.In 2000 i was called into branch to discuss my account as my o/draft was always at limit(£1000).they said if i combined this with my personal loan(£500 outstanding)Iwould be better off.This was done+ppi added and was told it would only be £80 month.Ipaid this for 4 years,paying over double original debt!Icancelled ppi after a year so the rest was interest-what i need to know is can Istill claim for this?if so should i claim separately(still have account no. for this debt management loan)or try+claim together with my charges for last 6 years?Any advice anyone please?:confused:

:confused: hi all,got my 1st letter ready now for SAR request to Natwest but not sure of best address to send it-i thought Bishopsgate but noticed others are using different addresses-whats best?thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Shirl,

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) will probably have been forwarded to:

Data Protection Manager

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Business House B

GOGARBURN

P.O.Box 1000

EDINBURGH EH12 1HQ

That's the department who deals with them. If they haven't got yours, I would resend the request to there.

The lady who dealt with my SAR was:

Joyce E Tudor

Retail Regulatory Risk

Direct Line 0131 626 1165

You could try giving her department a call and ask them.

Hope this helps.

OB :)

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

hello again,i've just rung Joyce Tudor and she gave me another number to speak to LORRAINE CASSIDY 0131 6261166.said my request was sent to them on 29/01/07.she asked me what I needed(as if my letter didn't tell her!) and said only way to get list of charges was by statements.she will order them today.Good job I did ring or my letter would still be waiting there!:rolleyes: shirl

• 3 weeks later...

hello,i've received 6 yrs statements finally.However Iasked for full SARunder DPA.I only have 2yrs of charges from these 2001-2003 and this is why i wanted full SAR.Ihad loads of charges prior to 2001+was going to try for these also. Ihave rung them+they are sending full info now.should I wait+do it all together or start the ball rolling with small amount?Also i have requested all info on loan account inc PPI .This was originally part overdraft+part personal loan that NW set up as a debt management loan-i think in 2000 but was paid off dec 2004-£80 monthly was transferred from current acc into this loan account.Should this one be kept separate?Sorry for goin on but would appreciate advice. cheers shirl:?: :confused:

Hi, Shirley

I'd wait for all the info. they have a maximum of 40 days from when you made your SAR, regardless of how far or how many times it went round the houses. So they have till 18 March.

A word of warning - I've had my current a/c info, filed a claim, done the AQ and all the biz, got settlement last week and I STILL haven't had the info for my loan a/c, which was completed and closed last October. You'll probably have to tell them what the a/c no and sort code is, which you'll be able to get from the current a/c statements - it will have a reference number alongside it, which is the sort code and a/c number.

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

thanx for that Westy,I'm still mulling it over-with the bulk of my charges being pre 2001 don't know if to do the safe bit first 2001-2003 charges-only bout £500 -none since then,+then fight with the Statute of Limitation act separately. for pre 200I; Im still not sure Iunderstand this(i've read it twice+still confused!) the loan acc i'll prob have problems with as don't know whether to go for ppi refund or claim that loan was based on o/draft+bank charges or both!!Any more advice would be appreciated thanx shirl

Wow!

If you want to separate the pre- and post-2001 stuff, feel free but I don't think you'll gain anything in particular. In fact, there's an argument for keeping them together because you'll just have one court fee, one AQ fee and one set of correspondence to follow. And, in the very unlikely event that the Limitations Act was deemed to apply - well, you'd only lose the bit you were worried about in the first place, not the whole lot.

You may wish to consider lumping the loan a/c charges and the current a/c charges together as a single claim, because they're with the same institution and probably related - but there's nothing saying you have to. You can maybe do the current a/c first, get the feel of things, get confident and then the loan.

The PPI is a separate issue, I think, and there is a forum devoted to it.

Best wishes

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Hi Westy that was quick!Think you may be right-Iwill wait for rest of info to come +do all current acc together-just want to get going +get my money back !Have to think about loan acc when info arrives:) Thanx for your help shirl

Hi folks,next lot of info arrived.Got 2000-2002 customer event notes+charges and 1994-1999 customer event notes without charges.I've just rung Joyce Tudor who informs me charges are not kept on file longer than 6 yrs!Neither are statements available!Hmm..2000 is 7yrs ago??There is no info on my loans available either.Strange way to run a bank!I know the dates both my loans were taken out from the customer notes they sent and I also have the acc no of one of them but they are saying they dont have this info.And anyway I cant claim beyond 6yrs because OFT say so!!Where do Igo from here?any advice please?:x cheers shirl

Pleassse,anyone!Sent off prelim for last 6 yrs now.Ill do that 1st.But how can I get charges info before that?Thought DPA SAR meant had to give all info NWhad .Joyce Tudor says they have no charges info or statements beyond 6 yrs +can't claim anyway.She says that they have no info about loans I had with them either. What can Ido now?:mad: thanx shirl

Pleassse,anyone!Sent off prelim for last 6 yrs now.Ill do that 1st.But how can I get charges info before that?Thought DPA SAR meant had to give all info NWhad .Joyce Tudor says they have no charges info or statements beyond 6 yrs +can't claim anyway.She says that they have no info about loans I had with them either. What can Ido now?:mad: thanx shirl

On your SAR did you request all your account history?

I cant see any reason why they shouldn't provide you with details which go back beyond six years.

If the bank fails to supply you with your data then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.

If the bank does not respond to your 7 day warning then begin your complaint and start your action.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

thanx Livelylad-thought i was on my own here!!yes i sent SAR from template library asking for all info on 2 accs'complete list of trans+charges relating to my banking history with your org' which i thought included all info they had about me shirl

Hi Deller,they sent me customer notes 1994-99 but when i asked for full details of charges J.Tsaid can only claim 6yrs charges +if i wanted details of previous loans i'd have to ring credit management+they MAY have details

If you need to start action to obtain this extra information you require then you will find the procedure outlined here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

• Haha 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D