*********i Won I Won I Won *****

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks

Quite new to halifax site, but standings at present are that I have sent DPA letter, halifax cashed the cheque, sent me standard letter with drivel about them sending me information out and not being able to provide details of manual intervention to my account, still awaiting bank statements, second DPA letter sent and still nothing received. Going to send another letter (possibly LBA) with guesstimate of how much they have charged me and hopefully will get some kind of response.

any advice would be well appreciated, am so confused with the site, too many pages to navigate around.

Also hoping to send letters to IF, Abbey, First National Tricity Finance, Abbey Credit Card, Halifax Credit Card, Capital One Credit Card and lastly American Express. Here's hoping I become a millionaire and will give loads of money to this very informative and useful place (however if I don't become a millionaire, I will still give some money to CSA)

Cheers folks

Michelle:confused:

Any views expressed on this site are my personal opinion or experience and do not represent legal advice in any way

:o :rolleyes: Michelle ;):) :o

Halifax: ************ WON ***************

Hi folks

Quite new to halifax site, but standings at present are that I have sent DPA letter, halifax cashed the cheque, sent me standard letter with drivel about them sending me information out and not being able to provide details of manual intervention to my account, still awaiting bank statements, second DPA letter sent and still nothing received. Going to send another letter (possibly LBA) with guesstimate of how much they have charged me and hopefully will get some kind of response.

Was it the same DPA letter you sent them or the non compliance one you sent the second time?

any advice would be well appreciated, am so confused with the site, too many pages to navigate around.

Also hoping to send letters to IF, Abbey, First National Tricity Finance, Abbey Credit Card, Halifax Credit Card, Capital One Credit Card and lastly American Express. Here's hoping I become a millionaire and will give loads of money to this very informative and useful place (however if I don't become a millionaire, I will still give some money to CSA)

Cheers folks

Michelle:confused:

mechs

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

thanks Mechs

was second DPA letter for non compliance, however have received a letter this am saying they have no record of my original letter, but they responded to it and cashed the chequ - have got a telephone number to call which will do tonight after work.

Michelle:cry:

Any views expressed on this site are my personal opinion or experience and do not represent legal advice in any way

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

can anyone help me, I sent the Data Protection Act requesting statements and received a standard letter saying they are on the way, only to not receive them at all. Sent second letter giving a further seven days and intended to report to Info Comm, again received a letter saying that they had no knowledge of my original request (but still managed to cash the £10 cheque) and can I let them know what it is I wanted, sent yet another letter this time by recorded delivery, which arrived at their offices last Monday. :x Have still not received any response and no signs of any statements. :x

:o I think they are at the delaying tactic stage, anything to put me off, but I hate them and there is no way I am going to let it lie.

:smile: I have just sent off to report them to the Information Commissioner what is the next step, do I go for an estimated amount for the charges or what. Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Cheers8-)

(PS: if I have done this wrong and hould have continued on my previous thread I am sorry, I couldn't find out how to do it - so any advice on that would also be appreciated)

I have been sent 3 sets of statements they never cashed my cheque !!!!!

I had only 1 letter from them in the early stages and nothing else ....they can certainly claim incompetence as a defence except they missed the deadline !!!!!

Data Protection Act Disclosure letter sent 11th May 2006

Request for repayment of charges letter sent 3rd June 2006

Letter before action letter sent 30th June 2006

MCOL started 20th July 2006

MCOL deemed served 25th July 2006

MCOL deadline for reply from Halifax 8th August 2006

Notice of Judgement against Halifax 15th August 2006

****SETTLED IN FULL***** 31st August 2006 ****

Request for repayment of charges letter sent 1st Nov 2006

Charge was £39 for unpaid direct debit which would have made me £1.20 over my overdraft limit!!!!

I was in the same position. I eventually got my statements 3 weeks after the 40 days only because I phoned this guy :

Mark Kellett tel no: 01422 332991

I spoke to him and received 2 lots of statements after 2 days.

Worth a try but from what ive read around hear a couple of other people have phoned him and also received their statements.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

thank you both of you, will try that mark person and see what he has to say, nice to know that they aren't just incompetent with me. Posted off IC letter today, don't want to give them too many chances as they will probably think I can just be fobbed off then and no intention of letting them get away with it.

Can anyone say if my next step would be to send in preliminary request for refund and estimate amount of charges

Do you have any statements at all from them?

From what I have read some people are using the statements they have and estimating an amount, arguement being if it goes to court the bank would have to proove the charges.

IMHO I would phone Mark first and take it from there.

BTW I am also from Glenrothes - Cadham :) useless piece of info for you there.

My claims

Halifax - Data Protection Act 26/5/06, non compliance of Data Protection Act 20/07/06, Prelim £260 3/8, LBA 19/8

TSB - Data Protection Act 25/6/06, total £225, Prelim 4/7, LBA 11/7, court claim filed 27/7

Capital One - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim £270 1/8 LBA sent 9/8

B.O.S CC - DPA 20/06/06, prelim 6/7 £130, LBA 21/7/06, court claim to be filed

Citi cards - Data Protection Act sent 20/06/06, prelim 26/07 £520, LBA t 14/8

Black horse finance - DPA 18/06/06, prelim 31/7 £180, LBA 7/8

Halifax joint account - Prelim 6/7 £744, LBA 22/7 court claim to be filed

My Mums claims

MBNA - DPA 13/06/06, Prelim 17/7 £738, LBA 7/8

Capital One - DPA 29/05/06, Prelim 10/8 £570

Barclaycard - DPA 20/06/06, Prelim 6/7 for £420, LBA 17/7 court claim to be filed

Littlewoods CC - DPA sent 3/7, non compliance of DPA sent 14/8

I'm in the same position as you. After the initial request I was sent a standard letter saying statements were on the way. After 40 days I heard nothing further so sent them a reminder letter. I then recieved the statements with 16 months missing.

I sent a third letter pointing this out only to recieve more statements this morning with a years worth still missing from it.

I don't know if this is deliberate or incompetent. I have sent an email to rachelhinchliffe@HBOSplc.com - apprently she is a senior lawyer and is good at sorting out DPA requests.

Might give this Mark Kellett a try if Rachel Hinchcliffe doesn't deliver the goods.

My story is here in case you are interested.

Halifax - click here to see details

27th June: Data Protection Act request sent.. finally received full statements 84 days later

27th September: Preliminary letter sent for £1653

11th October: Offer made for £1163 (70%) - decided to accept

12th October: Offer acceptance posted

20th October: Refund of £1163 recieved

Capital One

12th October: Data Protection Act request sent

17th November: Preliminary request sent for £360

GE Money

Hi guys, thanks again for the replies, interesting reading and I went for a look at your story there troublegum - has it moved on any further. I posted my ICO letter today by recorded delivery and will email that lady from work tomorrow. Cheers for your help, its all a bit mind boggling on here but is wonderful site like.

btw Towelie - I am in South Parks but moving to Newcastle, does that mean that anytime we are out in the Acorn we will be trying to find each other lol

At the moment I'm still waiting to hear back about the email I sent. I really wasn't hoping to have to hope to go down the legal road at this early stage but I'll possibly have to. :(

27th June: Data Protection Act request sent.. finally received full statements 84 days later

Capital One

GE Money

email sent to rachel hincliffe, hope to get a response from her by the end of the week.

cheers for the help

I got a reply from her today, it went:

Dear Mr :)

Thank you for your email.

I have sent your email on to the correct department to investigate into this matter, who I trust will contact you directly.

Regards

Rachel Hinchliffe

I am now waiting for a reply from the correct dept......or for the correct dept to completely ignore the email like they did with all the letters... sigh :)

Capital One

GE Money

hi again,

i received exactly the same response by email, live in hope then, but i guess we would still be ignored. I don't know what the process is with the IC, but have checked and my letter not yet delivered, so will check again tomorrow. seems someone else is being ignored also (thread started today). will keep in touch and see if we move on at the same rate

Cheers

Michelle

Cheers for that Dave, however have just received email from Rachel Hinchcliffe saying that the statements are getting posted to me today. So looking forward to receiving them

Michelle

whey hey, i received my statements recorded delivery this morning, was disappointed to find that only had £442 worth of charges, but better in my pocket. Sending LBA today. Fingers crossed

Michelle

Glad to hear you got your statements through :)

Unfortunately, I've not been so lucky. Today I recieved an envelope containing 6 pages which were copies of ones I already have, so it looks like they did ignore the email.

I think it's time to start hassling them over the phone now.

Good luck with your claim! :)

Capital One

GE Money

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again folks,

not been keeping up with whats been going on and have been missing loads of stuff by the look of it.

Have now received two sets of statements, but had already sent request for payment off - no reply received to that on Friday or over the weekend, so now will send in LBA, can't wait for the real fight to start.

Can anyone help with the following ? - over the years myself and my boyfriend have had a number of accounts with halifax, including a joint account that has now been closed, however this account did have lots of charges incurred and was the reason we got rid of it and put stuff solely in my name, now I want to reclaim the charges on this account, but can't find any details of it at home. Can i just go in to the bank and ask them to tell me.

cheers for any assistance

Michelle

:) Hi all

received letter from halifax today, offering £168 as 6 months worth of charges, usual balony about full and final settlement, reserve right to close my account etc etc,

I know I have read this before, but can someone please confirm what the next step is please, I have already sent away LBA before I received this offer - is it that i accept in part payment only and delete the full and final bit,

help help help,

Michelle

Aye, cheers for that - found the letter and sent it away, 24 hours after I sent LBA, shame there. However have received standard letter today saying they are sorry i am not happy with service, are passing on to customer service manager and will get back to me in no more than 4 weeks. Court claim is due to start on 04/10 - I do still go ahead with this now anyway?????? I so hope i am right.

anymore advice would be brilliant, don't want to do it wrong and get slapped wrists from bank fodder lol.

and lastly, is it worth me starting the claim process in time for the claim to be lodged.

kk, many thanks

Michelle

Stick to your timetable and ignore theres, they tell everyone it will take 4 weeks, but remember you at asking for your money back, so you set the time limits.

I wonder what they would say if it was the other way round and we sent them a letter stating it would take 4 weeks for us to look into their request....lol

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

might actually try that as I am expecting to get hammered for charges today - second time in two weeks, what a pish time this is, never mind. Have started to complete the court action, goes in at start of week, will be fun I expect.

so, what do you think i should write back to them - the letter they send me will state that they are taking money from my account probably next wednesday, but they ain't usually that interested in giving you any extra time to pay or anything, so though maybe to say, I am sorry but due to unforseen circumstances I am unable to respond to your request for payment on *8/10/06, as per your own company procedures, please allow four weeks for me to respond, only joking, but would be worth a go.

speak soon

Michelle

Hi michelle, well just thinking about it, i would ring them and remind them that your account is in dispute and that they shouldn't really charge you until the dispute is solved. If they won't go with that, but i would fight tooth and nail about it, then just inform them that you will be claiming back any charges taken since the dispute started when you file your court claim.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p