• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sems like I have a long long road ahead of me then. Only sent letter asking for payment a couple weeks ago :(

Hey Mack...we ll get there at the end ...you are not along...plus we know more than i knew a year ago....

give us a shout when you receive a reply from WF and let us know who you are dealing with:))):rolleyes:

x

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

all the welcome fighters need a rest after there battle

welcome do seem to go all the way now

times must be getting hard for them now

once again, i am very happy for you itsme

chalk up another victory

AWWWWE.. i have a little poem here:))))))))xxx:p :)

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Well Done Itsme. It has been a long hard slog for you , but you got the result in the end.. Well Done..x

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Well Done Itsme. It has been a long hard slog for you , but you got the result in the end.. Well Done..x

Ian

Hey Ian...

It was a very hard work..but i would be lost without Pam...she is the one that helped me so much and even came to the hearring( can you believe it?:)))))))))))

Fast truck...with the barrister on their side....My judge was fair...WF should stop missleading people..and those who was missled should fight for their money back.....

sending you big hug:))))

xx

Can anyone help me on this one?

When i took out a car finance agreement with Welcome in April this year i was asked how much i could afford each month on the repayments, i said £200-£220 a month, but when they tagged on the insurance it went upto £320, i struggled for the 1st few months, then read the policy and found out i could cancel at anytime. So i wrote to them in October and tried to cancel, each time i contact them they say they didnt get the letter, even though copies were hand delivered by me to the local branch !

I am constantly in arrears with them as i cant afford the extra £100 each month, they add on £10 for phone calls and £25 for knocking on your door.

I have repaeted asked them to cancel it, and requested a copy of all my payments made, but i get nothing from them at all, just phone calls every few weeks demanding payment.

I have not paid them now for 2 months and they are saying they are coming to get the car, what should i do ?? :(

Jim, i would need you to email me or post here a copy of the agreement..Let me see it..and that we could find out if it's properly executed( or not) and inforceble( or not)...

I do not mind you posting here...as you need some help and i am more than happy to help you..

M

Hi, i actually worked for welcome finance, i know all about there tactics in confusing customers in the misselling of insurances. I am also involved in a judicial process against Welcome in which, amongst other complaints, i am alleging that Welcome deliberately tricks its employees to missell their insurance products and in turn to trick their customers. Iwould be interested in cooperating with anybody else who has a story about them or is interested in taking action against them.

Can anyone help me on this one?

When i took out a car finance agreement with Welcome in April this year i was asked how much i could afford each month on the repayments, i said £200-£220 a month, but when they tagged on the insurance it went upto £320, i struggled for the 1st few months, then read the policy and found out i could cancel at anytime. So i wrote to them in October and tried to cancel, each time i contact them they say they didnt get the letter, even though copies were hand delivered by me to the local branch !

I am constantly in arrears with them as i cant afford the extra £100 each month, they add on £10 for phone calls and £25 for knocking on your door.

I have repaeted asked them to cancel it, and requested a copy of all my payments made, but i get nothing from them at all, just phone calls every few weeks demanding payment.

I have not paid them now for 2 months and they are saying they are coming to get the car, what should i do ?? :(

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt

try this, there are regs about what they can take back and when, have a read through the other WF threads as others have been in this situation.

Payment protection | Were you mis-sold PPI? | Were you mis-sold PPI?

also sounds like you did not have PPI (your insurance they tacked on, explained to you so may be unlawful and you could get it back:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

keep records of everything you send or give to them, keep a spreadsheet or record of some kind of all your payments, pay them what you can afford, do what a Judge will consider correct and reasonable given your circumstances!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Good luck to all of you on your claims. I also have some PPI issues with Welcome and incorrectly filled out documents. I have started my own thread if anyone would like to take a look and/or help me out.

I have just been looking through some of the forms i filled out. One of which is a Welcome finance Demands and needs Statement. This is the form they fill out when bumping up your premeums...erm i mean asessing you for their extras. The first sentance states that The Customer (me) has confirmed that they are aged over 18 years and under 65 etc ect. this is all fine and the document is signed by myself and the salesman on behalf of Welcome. It has been dated by both myself and the salesman 13/01/1971. Now my maths are not great but im pretty sure that was the year I was born!! My statement of price is also dated the same. Also the description of part exchanged vehicle is incorrect, listing my old car as a ford Sierra, when in fact it was a ford Mondeo!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Have a look at Bank and charges in the Media, (PPI Artical 7th March) on this site

I think you'll find it a very interesting read mah help your cause

(sorry I don't kmow how to link it)

I BELEIVE YOU MIGHT JUST WELL OF WON THIS ONE WITH IT

Lynn

I'm about to get an apointment with welcome re lowering my monthly payments as although up to date with no charges so far with prices incresing its getting more difficult. I don't have the dreaded PPi but they said to lower payments I might have to and sign a new contract. they did say the APR would be lower though but I'm worried now and wondering maybe I should just leaave it as it is.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

IMO do not sign a new agreement as it will cost you a lot more in the end, think about it, the way they will reduce your payments is to put it over a longer period of time and this will be more interest, so they will try to make it sound like they are doing you a favour but it is for them to get more money, I would be very surprised if they do not add on a charge for this, also, your current agreement may not be enforceable anyway?

Hello I too was missold expensive PPI's which come to £3,000.00 on a loan of £3,000.00! I have written to Welcome twice and faxed letter twice which they say they didnt receive. So I sent a letter by Recorded and phoned them to make sure they had received it. I then phoned back a month later and spoke to a Heidi who told me that they had cancelled the insurances but I would still make the same repayments but over a reduced term. I rang back this morning and spoke to another lady (Emma) and was told that she would check out why I hadnt received a letter in writing to that effect she mentioned their computer systems had changed over. I rang again an hour later as I hadnt heard back and spoke to a Kevin who said Emma was out all week when I said that was odd as I had just spoke to her an hour earlier he became defensive. ANyway the long and short of it is he gave me different advise from Heidi and said "No we will cancel the insurances but we have to recalculate your loan". I now have an appointment with them to do this next week I feel they have completely ripped me off:(

One valuable lesson I have learned form dealing with WF..Is NEVER to do business with them again no matter what is needed at the time...

They are on the same morrals of a back street loan shark only with a legal peice of paper that says "Hi, we are reputable"..I say my a** is more reputable than they will ever be..

Ladidi

Absolutely I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole! however I need to cancel these insurances and they have led me to believe I have to go over the loan agreement and re-write the agreement? I took another loan out with them for a car I have approximately 16 payments left on that also another con but you live and learn

• 3 months later...

Hi All Hope you are all well long time no posts!! Well anyway i thought id give you a quick update with welcome and beg some advice?

They have given me a call today and after a lengthy conversation they have offered the following: my account balance is currently at £6687 they have offered to wipe off the arrears, refund the ppi and repays the fees they have added to the account.

These are my options: to get my brother to sign another credit agreement and to pay a lower amount, and i only pay 3500 and the rest is wiped off

This is called modifying my acct.

or

they refund the ppi and the charges separately and i will only have 2000 wiped off.

Said she will call back on monday but she would be sending a new credit agreement with the full amount outstanding yet she said she would put notes on the system stating the agreement????

sounds abit dodgy eh then she told me if i didnt take one of these the it would go to court attachment of earnings etc.. i am now puzzled:confused: