• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fist and most important: Guys, if you think that you have been missold PPI/Medicare/homecare..etc.. by Welcome...Please submit your complaint to FSA..lets fight together...more complaints they will receive....quicker Welcome will be investigated

Link:

complaint form is on page 16 and 17...or you can download it from FSA website.

:) Hi everyone,

Its my first thread, first claim, and english is not my first language(sorry for any sillly mistakes).

I took a loan with WF in April 2004 £3000 for 36 month with 44,5%, £996 PPI, 3% Intrest,£150 Healthcare, £75 Acceptance Fee.

This month i sent a letter after calculating how much i have paid PPI, using the copy of the contract that fortunatly for me i have kept.

I have 5 month of payment left, and when i phoned to cancell PPI they advised me not to do so, because it would be pennies difference( in my situation every penny counts)

So, thanks to all of you i managed to creat a letter using some templates:

Welcome Finance

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

XXXXXXX

10/01/2007

Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Email: [email protected]

Policy Number: xxxxxxxx

Supplier: Welcome xxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

COMPLAINT & Request for return of PPI Insurance, Healthcare & Interest.

In respect of the above account which was opened 27th April 2004 when I took out a loan £3000, I was told that payment protection insurance (PPI) was a necessary part of the application, even when I informed you that it was not required by my-self and its staited in a contract as an Optional Payment protection Insurance, and that I would not be covered by most of the policies clauses.

When I took out the loan, I said I did not need the PPI as my employer provides generous illness and redundancy benefits, but I was told I should still take it out. As this is not correct, I consider that I have been mis-sold this expensive insurance worth £996.36PPI+£150 Healthcare, which I do not need and which I said that I did not want.

Therefore on this basis, I believe that the PPI was miss sold to myself by your company.

Having done some research I have found the same cover is available for £3.95 per £100 of cover compared to Welcome Finance cover of over £30 per £100 of cover.

I am now formally writing to cancel this insurance.

Furthermore In view of the way I was miss-sold the very expensive insurance, I am hereby giving you 14 days notice to refund the whole of the premium paid forthwith.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I consider that your representations that the PPI plan was required and reasonable were deceptive, and as such I was deceived into agreeing to pay the insurance.

For the avoidance of doubt if in 14 days I have not received a full refund, I will consider to issue a claim against you with the county courts and I will immediately lodge a complaint with the Financial Services Authority.

You will be aware of the recent government intervention on this matter informing the FSA and OFT to make significant changes to the manner in which personal payment protection is sold.

Yours Faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now, do i need to do anything else while i am waiting for reply? Reading some of the WF threads, i understand that i could wait forever:-| to receive a reply from WF.

I had about 3 Direct Debit reterns without payment for all this time...Should i stop paying them so they would notice my request?

I sent the letter by recorded and have a confirmation it has been delivered. Do i need to speak to anybody from WF about it?

Sorry for silly questions...

Any help in my next steps would be highly appreciated.

King regards,

Marie

• Haha 1

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing this outfit , If you stop the payments they will hit you with even more Charges.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello again,

Just spoke to the account manager in branch to confirm they received the letter i'd separatly sent to the branch to request a PPI cancellation and change of Address and guess what....He's got the letter and done nothing about it....He simply replyed that HE TOLD me it' not worth to cancell PPI, so he decided not to do so...My address he hasn't changed either...."Because the brach has a certain amount of people they can transfer to an other branch" Like i care.

I phoned to Ruddington: 01159849200, and spoke to an assistant..told her everything and has a confirmation they have the letter :COMPLAINT & Request for return of PPI Insurance, Healthcare & Interest.

As she said they would wright me a reply...

Looking forward:))))))

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Today received a reply from Kieran Scothern, Compliance Officer:

I write futher to your letter to our Chief Executive dated 10th and 11th january 2000 respectively, whichhave been passed to me for reply.

I have investigated the issues raised and can respond as follows. I enclose the declarations signed by yourself and witnessed at the time of taking your loan which show the insurances purchased and the fact they were optional. I note you have a no point suggested you wished to cancel these insurances, despite paying for and having potential use of them for over two years.As a result I am satisfied our staff have acted correctly in this matter.

You did have 30 days in which to cancel your insurances, which should have given you the opportunity to read through the Policy Schedule you were provided.

You have alleged mis-selling may have occurred.This would involve the sale of a policy that was not relevant to the person insured or on which they were unable to claim.Our records show you have paid for and enjoyed the benefits of the purchased insurance for the term of its respective existence.As a result, i am unable to concur that mis-selling took place. I can confirm we will defend any forthcoming claim vigorously, and will seek to recover potential legal cost.

Nothwithstanding the above, I have taken the necessary steps to cancel your Payment Protection Insurance on a pro-rata basis, which is rebated to your account.Your other purchased insurance policy, named Medicare 24 , is non-cancellable.

Your Sincerely,

Kieran Scothern

Compliance Officer

Now, i have never """"enjoyed the benefits of the purchased insurance""""".

So i am gong to explain WF that it has been mis-sold and there branch told me its not possible to take the loan without PPI.

Can anybody help me to understand why can't i cancel healthcare? or should i phone FSA and seek and advise there??

HELP!!!!!!

OK...Have my letter created:))))))

Feel along but need to keep going. If somebody please can check if it looks and sounds right.....

Welcome Finance

Chief Executive

Mere Way

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Supplier: Welcome xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear ,

Thank you for the reply i have received from Kieran Scothern, Compliance Officer.

The policy involved was mis-sold to me by a member of your staff at a time that I was in financial difficulties and I was pressurised to take the policy otherwise the loan would not be approved.

My request is for the refund of the whole policy cost I had paid of £1016.29 including interest and healthcare.

I would continue to pay the loan at the agreed monthly figure without PPI until the end of its term.

Mr Scotheren did cancel my PPI but hasn’t sent me any confirmation with the new monthly charge. I require that it be deducted on the 31st of each month.

Mr Scotheren informed me that The Medicare 24 could not be canceled. Could you please provide me the reason why Welcome Finance can’t cancel it on the customer’s request?

I also want to inform you that for more than 2 years I did not “ enjoy the benefits of the purchased insurance”( as per Mr Scothern’s letter), never claimed anything back or never was covered. More than that I found it very expensive and hard to cancel.

I had faxed my request to cancel my PPI at your Twickenham branch with my new address details on the 9th of Jan. On the 10th of Jan I phoned to check if they received it. I spoke to William who confirmed he hasn‘t received any fax from me (so I had faxed it again). I discussed with him my PPI cancellation and he advised me not to cancel it. I phoned my Customer Account Manager, William, to check if he did so the next day. Having received the request William hasn’t changed my address details simply because of the amount of customers they could transfer in same month to the other branch.

He also didn’t cancel my PPI because he didn’t feel so, thinking that after paying PPI for 2 years and 7 months I shouldn’t do it.

Mr Scothern told in his letter that the declaration has a witness that told me the PPI was optional.

I can guarantee you that the member of staff told me I could not take the loan without PPI and Healthcare.

I would also mention Williams attitude towards my request to FSA and FLA Finance and Leasing Association

The policy was sold in a deceitful manner by a member of your staff and this matter has also been discussed with the FSA and a complaint form has been filled out for the Financial Ombudsman Service and FLA Finance and Leasing Association.

I would also like to bring to your attention the FSA principles for the “Treating customers fairly – towards fair outcomes for consumers .

Principle 7 “A Firm must pay due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicate information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading”.

Principle 9 “A firm must take reasonable care to ensure the suitability of its advice and discretionary decisions for any customer who is entitled to rely upon its judgement”.

On the FSA website in regards of PPI says:

The next phase, to be completed by the end of June 2007, is designed to test industry progress on ensuring that customers:

are told that PPI is optional, where this is the case;

receive clear information about the product and what it will cost;

are given the assistance they need to be clear about what they are eligible for under the policy and what the exclusions are;

are, where advice is given, recommended a policy that meets their needs; and

are offered a fair refund if they cancel their policy.

I had been told PPI was not optional, never explained to, or discussed what can I get purchasing the policy and Healthcare, nobody checked if the policy meets my needs, what I had to do is to sign the policy and receive the loan amount.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

What I require

A refund in the form of a cheque for the sum of £1016,29

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 7 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

I will also Submit the completed complaint form regarding this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service on 26 January 2007.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SEE What thay say:)))) will send it tomorrow back:)

Sent my letter recorded delivery:))

Thank you for the reply i have received from Kieran Scothern, Compliance Officer.

The policy involved was mis-sold to me by a member of your staff at a time that I was in financial difficulties and I was pressurised to take the policy otherwise the loan would not be approved.

My request is for the refund of the whole policy cost I had paid of £1016.29 including interest and healthcare.

I would continue to pay the loan at the agreed monthly figure without PPI until the end of its term.

Mr Scotheren did cancel my PPI but hasn’t sent me any confirmation with the new monthly charge. I require that it be deducted on the 31st of each month.

Mr Scotheren informed me that The Medicare 24 could not be canceled. Could you please provide me the reason why Welcome Finance can’t cancel it on the customer’s request?

I also want to inform you that for more than 2 years I did not “ enjoy the benefits of the purchased insurance”( as per Mr Scothern’s letter), never claimed anything back or never was covered. More than that I found it very expensive and hard to cancel.

I had faxed my request to cancel my PPI at your Twickenham branch with my new address details on the 9th of Jan. On the 10th of Jan I phoned to check if they received it. I spoke to William who confirmed he hasn‘t received any fax from me (so I had faxed it again). I discussed with him my PPI cancellation and he advised me not to cancel it. I phoned my Customer Account Manager, William, to check if he did so the next day. Having received the request William hasn’t changed my address details simply because of the amount of customers they could transfer in same month to the other branch.

He also didn’t cancel my PPI because he didn’t feel so, thinking that after paying PPI for 2 years and 7 months I shouldn’t do it.

Mr Scothern told in his letter that the declaration has a witness that told me the PPI was optional.

I can guarantee you that the member of staff told me I could not take the loan without PPI and Healthcare.

I would also mention Williams attitude towards my request to FSA and FLA Finance and Leasing Association

The policy was sold in a deceitful manner by a member of your staff and this matter has also been discussed with the FSA and a complaint form has been filled out for the Financial Ombudsman Service and FLA Finance and Leasing Association.

I would also like to bring to your attention the FSA principles for the “Treating customers fairly – towards fair outcomes for consumers .

Principle 7 “A Firm must pay due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicate information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading”.

Principle 9 “A firm must take reasonable care to ensure the suitability of its advice and discretionary decisions for any customer who is entitled to rely upon its judgement”.

On the FSA website in regards of PPI says:

The next phase, to be completed by the end of June 2007, is designed to test industry progress on ensuring that customers:

are told that PPI is optional, where this is the case;

receive clear information about the product and what it will cost;

are given the assistance they need to be clear about what they are eligible for under the policy and what the exclusions are;

are, where advice is given, recommended a policy that meets their needs; and

are offered a fair refund if they cancel their policy.

I had been told PPI was not optional, never explained to, or discussed what can I get purchasing the policy and Healthcare, nobody checked if the policy meets my needs, what I had to do is to sign the policy and receive the loan amount.

Your responsibilities

What I require

A refund in the form of a cheque for the sum of £1016,29

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 7 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

I will also Submit the completed complaint form regarding this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service on 26 January 2007.

oh well, mooreda, thought i post same letter only 2 times:)))))) ;) now would be enough for everybody :o

Yesterday sent a complaint letter to FLA and this Monday the complaint will be send to FSA with all the letters and contract copies, copies of PPI and Healthcare agreements.As it says on there website takes 21 days to reply.

Meanwhile i am getting my letter to the Ombudsman-FOS prepared.

Hi itsme, I understand that while a debt is in dsipute payments can be suspended and that a default cannot be placed on your file either, obviously,depending on the outcome, payment will either be cancelled or continue after negotiation and agreement that everything is lawful.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi itsme, I understand that while a debt is in dsipute payments can be suspended and that a default cannot be placed on your file either, obviously,depending on the outcome, payment will either be cancelled or continue after negotiation and agreement that everything is lawful.

Hello Maybelline, you are right, but i'd rather pay in full (have just 5 payments left). Reidnet adised not to stop paying because of extra Charges they might put on my account...I will claim it back...but can't be asked...

In your thread you asked about FLA, and how usefull they are..I have received the comfirmation today from them and they "passed this letter to the Chief Exucutive's office for further investigation" :D As Surreylad advised FLA are very helpfull and they helped him to get his refund from WF...

I am waiting for an aknowlegment letter from FSA as well. Both of them give 21 days for WF to reply.

Have a nice day;)

thanks itsme, I am just querying the suspending payment thing as I understand they should not add charges, interest or default 'while the debt is in dispute' I thought I read somewhere that being in dispute was enough but this may mean while they are in default on their part (not sure about this) :)

best wishes

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Just received a second letter from WF with FAKE copy of Medicare 24....i am glad i still have copies of the agreement.

Sending him my third letter pointing on the amended policy...and a secured loan tick..I do not even have a house:))))

Will also send tomorrow the complaint to FOS with the copies of this Fake policy.....

Just on time:))):D

Hello my name is Archie iam from Glasgow and i took am looking at going up against welcome they have not stopped calling me they have even been to my door i gave up my job in April 06 to look after my son who is autistic iam now claiming Carers which i recieve at £188 pm i wanted to claim my PPI but was told i cant as i left my job & was not sacked can you help or know anyone who can

Hello Archie, there is a harrassment letter in the templates library and if you look on national debtlines website they give information about what debt collectors can and cannot do, it is my understanding they must inform you of a visit to give you a chance to reschedule or object. I have been in a similar position with Welcome, when I wrote to complain about their behaviour at my door they pretty much said they could do what they like, so you may have to go to the finance and leasing association of which they are a member I believe,

FLA

Imperial House,

15-19 Kingsway

London

WC2B 6UN

Tel 020 7836 6511

good luck, remember you have rights!

Hello my name is Archie iam from Glasgow and i took am looking at going up against welcome they have not stopped calling me they have even been to my door i gave up my job in April 06 to look after my son who is autistic iam now claiming Carers which i recieve at £188 pm i wanted to claim my PPI but was told i cant as i left my job & was not sacked can you help or know anyone who can

Hello Archie, you are more than welcome to join US...

Maybelline is right you have to complain to FLA, the address above.

and also send a letter to WF..the template you can find here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html.

Just put your detailes and send by recorded delivery to WF.

WF are technicly right ..the PPI doesn't cover if you left the job...But did you knew it before? of course not....:-(

I hope your cancelled you PPI...Send them a letter SAR, as above in my thread to find out how much you paid in fees and charges for PPI and any other insurances...and start fighting for your money

Do not believe anybody from WF..whatever they say to you...Start claiming your money back.

Let us know if you need any help.

Good luck

on the 23 sent the letter to FLA, FSA, and tomorrow to FSO

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London E14 9SR

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

23/01/07

Tel: xxxxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Complaint againstWelcome Finance

Mere Way

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Policy Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Supplier: Welcome (Hyes-53)

2 nd Floor, 46-50 Station Road

Hayes, Middlx

UB3 4DD

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am writing to you to complain against Welcome Finance Services.

In May 2004 i took a loan for £3000.

When I took out the loan, I was told by a member of Welcome Finance staff that I would not have been given the loan if I did not take PPI and Healthcare. I have since been told that this is not true, and that Welcome Finance are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan.

The policy involved was mis- sold to me by a member of WF staff at a time when I was in financial difficulties and was pressurized to take the policy otherwise the loan would not be approved.

On the 10th of Jan I contacted my Customer Account Manager in WF Twickenham branch and requested to cancel my PPI and Healthcare insurance. I also advised him to change my address. On the 11th of Jan i spoke to him again and found out that nothing has been done as he thinks its not necessary to cancel PPI after paying it for 2 years and 7 months( by the contract i have 5 months left).

I am attaching letters i have sent to the Chief Executive to cancel my PPI letter, I also enclosed a copy of the letter i received back from WF advising me that they can't cancel My Healthcare.

I can confirm i have never been explained anything about PPI and Medicare 24, and looking through my agreement i can also confirm that my agreement wasn't secured (as it says on the agreement), as at that time i was only a tenant. I have never been told i couldn't cancel PPI and Healthcare. I also found it difficult to cancel in the branch and do not trust any member of the staff in the branches.

The Insurances sold to me were not defined nor explained and were not "optional" as laid out in the said agreement. I was informed that the Insurance was part and parcel of having a loan. The WF agent misrepresented the fact that the insurance was compulsory, due to inexperience in financial matters at the time.

That time i was under extreme pressure and hardship and I couldn't get help anywhere else financially and I felt I had no where or no-one to turn to help me out of the financial mess I was in. The member of the staff was fully aware of my circumstances and fraudulently passed incorrect details to the insurer to obtain these same Insurances from the insurer. I believe this grossly contravenes ordinary principles of fair dealing

I also became aware that I am not the first one that has complained about mis-sold protection from WF and the attitude of WF staff.

I require a refund in the form of cheque for the sum of £1016,29 From Welcome Finance that has been paid to WF for the miss-sold PPI and Healthcare and Interest.

Looking forward to your reply concerning this letter..

Yours faithfully,

:D Today received a reply from Mr S

I have investigated the issues you raise and can respond as follows.At stated in my letter dated ........., the pro-rata PPI cancellation, is rebated to your account.As a result, your monthly repayments remain unaffected.

I enclose a copy of the Madicare 24 policy wording, on which I have highlighted the relevant section dealing with cancellation.I trust this is self-explanatory.

Althought you have never claimed under your purchased insurances, you were indeed covered by them.As a result, you have enjoyed the benefits of being covered by respective policies, for the term of their respective existence.

Having re-examined the documentary evidence availible to me, I cannot agree with your suggestions it was mis-sold.I can confirm that unless you can proveide substantiating evidence to support your claims, our final position shall remain the same......

Now, he enclosed the copies of unsigned Medicare 24 policy......and what:rolleyes:

i found out..it's different wording of what i have in mine policy....They changed it...so you can't cancel...I do not trust WF, they will take whatever it takes, even Lie

AND my reply is::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome Finance

Mere Way

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Policy Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Supplier: Welcome (Hyes-53)

2 nd Floor, 46-50 Station Road

Hayes, Middlx

UB3 4DD

Dear Mr Scothern,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am delighted you have sent me the copies of Medicare 24 agreement just on time before i submitted my complaint to FOS.

Fortunately for me i have kept all the copies of agreement, which i found yesterday.

Unfortunately on my copy(please find enclosed) it says in paragraph 9:

• The insurance is cancelled. You can cancel this insurance by giving US 30 day's notice.

In your highlighted version with the amendments says:

• You will have 30 days from the date you receive your documents to cancel this policy with a full refund of premium. In order to cancel, please contact Welcom Financial Services. No refund of premium will be given for any cancellation notified to Welcome Financial services outside of 30 days period.

How often do you change your polices, Mr Scothern, and why I wasn't notified about the change?

My Medicare 24 says different: The cover ends when the Insurance is cancelled. You can cancel the insurance by giving US 30 day's notice.

I am formally writing to cancel the Medicare 24 as from 10/01/07, when i sent the first letter of complaint to you.

In you letter you advised me to read through the Policy Schedule I was provided, so I did.

I can assure you are providing me the different copyof what I was supplied when i was Mis-SOLD the insurances by the member of WF staff.

The policy involved was mis- sold to me by a member of WF staff at a time I was in financial difficulties and I was pressurized to take the policy otherwise the loan would not be approved.

I can confirm i have never been explained anything about Medicare 24 or PPI, and looking through my agreement i can also confirm that my agreement wasn't secured, as at that time i was only a tenant. I have never been told i couldn't cancel PPI and Healthcare. I also found it difficult to cancel in the branch and do not trust any member of the staff in branches. I wasn't aware of any collection charges( as it laid on the Declaration form). I would be highly appreciated to receive all the information about the charges that affected my account and i am not aware of.

Once again I have been MIS-SOLD Medicare 24 and PPI. I suspect i have just signed where the pencil crossed were (as placed by Welcome staff) and as such were deceived into this, although I concede i should have checked it thoroughly. However, i never placed the ticks in the boxes to purchase such insurances, these ticks were definitely placed by your staff including the confirmation of a secured loan (I do not have a house to secure it on).

How can you explain a secured loan for the person that doesn't have a house?

I believe your staff play on this and take advantage of people with poorer credit ratings and once you take a loan with them, they make it easier for you to stick with them for life by charging a fortune.

The Insurances sold to me were not defined nor explained and were not "optional" as laid out in the said agreement, I was informed that The Insurance was part and parcel of having a loan. WF agent misrepresented the fact that the insurance was compulsory, due to inexperience in financial matters at the time.

That time i was under extreme pressure and hardship and I couldn't get help anywhere else financially and I felt I had no where or no-one to turn to to help me out of the financial mess I was in. The member of the staff was fully aware of my circumstances and fraudulently passed incorrect details to the insurer to obtain these same Insurances from the insurer. I believe this grossly contravenes ordinary principles of fair dealing.

I require a refund in the form of cheque for the sum of 1016,29 that has been paid to you for the miss-sold PPI and Healthcare and Interest.

I also want to inform you that the complaints has been sent to FLA and FSA and have been passed to Chief Executive's department.

Today I am submitting the copies of our correspondence to FSO.

I do understand, Mr Scothern, you are doing what you have to do, but I can guarantee that in the time financial difficulties in 2004 i had been MISS-SOLD these insurances and had been told to tick and sign the highlighted boxes otherwise i would never get my loan.

I am more than happy to submit the Court clime if my issue wouldn't be resolve with help of FLA, FSA and FOS which i believe 21 days.

Yours faithfully,

Wll send it first thing tomorrow morning:D

I am in same boat trying to claim back mis sold insurances saying if i never took them I would not get loan can we get together a list of similar customers maybe we can use these details in court as I think they will try and go to court . strength in numbers... maybe start a new thread with the title no PPI no loan add details here...

I will be fighting them to the bitter end and mr scothern will soon have his work cut out if we all file court claims....

I just need help with particulars of claim for moneyclaim online if anyone can help

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Hello Fergal71,

you are more than welcome to join us and keep us updating with you claim...I ahven' been usung moneyclaim against WF as yet..but i can see i am getting closer and closer....What are you stuck with?

Have a great day

Its clear we are going to be in a fight with welcome this is something i feel strongly about this company is loan sharking not a loan company they cant get away with get ready for court if we all sound out the the same voice of concern others will follow but we must do it properly together i agree we will beat this

I am at moneyclaim stage I need help with particulars

They owe me £240 charges which they have offered I have refused because I want my PPI back of about £600 aswell, also a £200 loan they added to my account without my signature. They told me i could not get loan in 1998 unless I took out PPI which I really did not want.

I am using the limitations act because it goes back to 98 stating the limitation act date starts when mistake or fraud has been found....

any help would be greatly appreciated with particulars I dont mind going first with court!!!! lba and prelim all sent and 14 days are up!!!!

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

I am at moneyclaim stage I need help with particulars

They owe me £240 charges which they have offered I have refused because I want my PPI back of about £600 aswell, also a £200 loan they added to my account without my signature. They told me i could not get loan in 1998 unless I took out PPI which I really did not want.

I am using the limitations act because it goes back to 98 stating the limitation act date starts when mistake or fraud has been found....

any help would be greatly appreciated with particulars I dont mind going first with court!!!! lba and prelim all sent and 14 days are up!!!!

Hello Fergal, now send a complaint to FLA and FSA, with the copies from WF...Today i put in the post a complaint to FOS. You will receive the confirmation from them that your complaint passed to Chiefes Executive's office.....They give WF 21 days to reply- standard procedure...

I wouldn't go to court as yet...FOS needs about 28 days without result to file a compalint againts WF.If still no result- then you can file a court claim...You also can jump and not to bother about this organisations and file a court claim...But they(FSA, FLA, FOS) build the history of complaints....FSA took 3 loan organisations down last year after investigating all the complaints and procedure....

I did everything above this week and my next complaint would be to OFT.....

If nothing works i will use money https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Keep us updating:)));)

hi its ab2mlf here i posted this reply using my wifes name bluemel1 sorry guys used wrong keys but lets get them

Hello Bluemel;) , nice to see you back...and thank you for support...we all need it...WF is very taff....but we are stronger together and every word of help HELPS:))))

How is your claim going?