Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys has everyone gone off this thread! Anyway i have potentially good news, i went to see a solicitor today to help me with this she was very impressed with what id done so far thanks guys for your help but she said that she was going to read up on some case law but she thinks that i have an unenforcleable agreement! so she's going to see where we go next well thanks for all your help and i will keep you informed and keep posting Mich7k

• 6 months later...

hi madhafu but not so easy im afraid, story so far... in January i was making enquires about getting another car as i was having problems with mine the dealer told me that my car has no finance on it, great i thought so at least i can get rid of the thing! so i thought even if i could swap it i could go on with my life so i found another car to swap + 250 from me deal done however on the day of the swap dealer calls and says that there is still finance on it and welcome still have a financial interest in the car! the car is now 6 years old by the way and the agreement is over 5 years old now so when he asked them how much they want the man on the other end laughed and said make me a offer!!! i was so upset as i had changed over the insurance and everything just to still stuck with this car! the car is barely worth £1800 and thats because ive looked after it they told the dealer i owe £6500! bare in mind ive paid £8995 already! the advisor who was supposed to help me has left and ive just being appointed to another man but he thinks that welcome have been very clever in there interest rates as it is very close to being unlawful although he is going to have a go at it for me....

so i cant give it away at the moment, does anyone know if there is a time limit to how long a car can have outstanding finance on it?

excuse me if I sound stupid but did you pay up everything you owed on this car e.g. if you entered into a four year or 48 month payment term and stuck to it then surely the car is yours? or did you default half way through? I would like to know as I have a car loan with them that will be up at the end of June and I have met every single payment!!!

no i didnt default intentionally so to speak what happened was i was going to pay off the outstanding finance in 2007 which i thought was about 2k so i requested a settlement figure and a statement well then my eyes got opened! i had charges added on from the first day i bought the car ranging from £5-£400 these were called "fees" so i requested what these "fees" were and i also requested the ppi and other extras i wasnt aware of to be refunded and i was advised by a solititor not to pay anymore hence the battle eversince i have a couple of threads on here regarding this in more detail

Yep I also at one point asked them for a settlement figure and was astounded to see that the settlement figure was higher than what was owed plus some! I mean how do they work that out? I also didnt realise that that put interest on top of the PPI which is shocking. My boyfriend reckons that when I make my last payment a whole team of Welcome people will be fired because I have been paying their wages out of my astronomical repayments!! also they have thus far been unable to persuade me to take out another car loan even though they bombarded me with calls - I would rather walk to John O Groats and back than take out another car loan with them!!!!

exactly my point and they are unable to take back the car if you have paid over a certain amount which it will tell you on your agreement without a court order wonder why they wont take me to court??

robbers but i will keep on fighting

hey mich,

sorry about that mate, Welcome are really givign pple a crap time. Read that they will be closing down so hopefully that will mean tehy deal with these issues quicker! they still owe me a refund for these unknown fees charged for no apparent reason as i have done my letter now, 2 paged and a sheet showign all the dates the fees went on and copies fo their notes on my account since december 2005 showing nothing or any type of explanation of those fees.. they charge interest on top of the PPI at the start so any other fees/interest needs to be clarified or deemed lucrtive way of earning morer money off customers. act quickly before thry start a panic as they will son close, i have served them a letter demanding that fee/interests refunded this week. lets c wat happens, bother them daily, chase them by phone, 24.7 i did ;)

WF PPI Claim WON :grin:

Incl.8% INTEREST etc total £2231 SETTLED 4wks! :wink:

right this will be long hun but, maybe you'll catch my drift ;)

a) 1st came to the forum and read up loads and posted and got templates..and went thru them...

b) sent Welcome my SAR and within 4weeks had everything i needed

c) sat down to do my 3 page letter detailing all setcions within the templates and completely ripping the template to my 'own letter' with all the right legal bits in it ;) i.e. where i said you mis-sold it because you never advised me i didn't have to buy it, i went on to explain the details of teh day i bought the car and the guy that sold me the car, his name, what he said that i can try remmeber etc.. and what he may have said then etc which made this purchase of ppi unlawful and the circumstances..

d) i went on to advise them i would not be going to the FOS but seeking financial advise to go to Court as i knw my case has merits..

e) guys on my thread gave gr8 adv esp. HELLHASNOFURY regarding getting SARs to know where i stand with them n wot they had on me etc...to be best prepared!

f) welcome have the PPI insurances with Direct group as u already with whom Norwich underwrite ppi's.. so i SAR'd DirectGroup too..

g) i then started ringing Direct Group daily and talkin to various pple until i spoke to this lady who asked lots of questions incl, when i lost my job in 2007 and what welcome said etc..she did acknowledgen i was ineligible for the policy & i had recorded this call for evidence. i then sent my letter including the fact that they too confirmed i was ineligible ;) COMPLIANCE TEAM at welcome head quarters are cows sorry to say they dnt help with jack, well once my letter was received i got a reply a week later saying we r investigating etc.. i immediately rung the guy Iam who wrote the letter saying why do you need 8weeks (this took them to 12 may 2009 to give me their final response) i said i'd wait.. i then rung him every few days asking for progress on my complaint advising that on 12 may i will be making a court claim for the refund, etc...

i basically spent 2-3weeks on their backs for answers non stop!!!

4th week i called again was advised the guy was on holiday but, a letter was in the post and after 2days rung again the guy was at another branch but, from her records a rebate, ppi refund, 8% interest had been applied to the account & a copy of letter detailing breakdown was to be sent soon. received and thankful it went well. 4weeks total! but, felt like a year ringing every 2days..

do not give up - welcome have cheated lots of pple and the few (of us) saying heck no gotta get our paper back!

let me know if i can help further.

x

Edited by Madhafu
sorry for spellings in a rush again

WF PPI Claim WON :grin:

Incl.8% INTEREST etc total £2231 SETTLED 4wks! :wink: