CaseManagementHearing??He lpPls

bppbpp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are currently fighting Barclays for our charges back. They have filed a defence and the Court has now set a date for a Case Management Hearing on the 21.2.07. Is this the hearing or is it something else - We've never heard of this before?? Very grateful for any help and advice on this.

PS: How do u contact a moderator??

Hi all, new 2 all this. We are currently fighting Barclays in Court. They have filed a defence and the court has given a date of 21.2.07 for a Case Management Hearing. Is this the proper hearing or something else?? Would appreciate any help or advice on this??

PS: how do u contact a moderator??

thanks 4 getting back to me. nothing has been asked for - it does say 'upon the claimant not appearing and the defendant not appearing - ex parte/ without a hearing'. estimated time 20 mins. is the bank likely to turn up for this?? Oh, and can i still view any replies from Barclays thread?? thanks again

bppbpp you need to post some of the details of your claim, the defnece and anyuthing else that might be significant,a case mamanement hearings insot necessarily anyhitng to be worried about and oculd be an excellent ooporutnity for you to present some info to the courts.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

OK - full order below:

General form of judgement or order

Before Deputy District Judge Fox sitting at Conwy and Colwyn County Court, (Address).

Upon the Claimant not appearing and the Defendant not appearing

EX PARTE/ WITHOUT A HEARING

IT IS ORDERED THAT this matter be listed for a Case Management Conference on the 21st February 2007 at 10.30am. with a time estimate of 20 minutes.

Date order made: 10 January 2007

Order Drawn: 11 January 2007

-and thats all it says!!

we have simply followed the letters in this site to get to this point. we included the particulars of claim from this site as per normal. their defence is roughly along the lines of 'we've lent you money that we didn't have to - say the charges are lawful as stated in our terms&conditions etc'. we had an offer early on of £1000 but our total claim is £3000 so was rejected. We have been asked for nothing from the court - we have sent a copy of the schedule of charges to the court when Barclays filed their defence and also a copy to the banks solicitors - we have heard nothing since from the bank. We then received the AQ which was sent back within days with the £100. the order written above we received yesterday from the court. Hope this all makes sense 2 u as it doesn't really to me!! thnx again

not been asked for any court bundle either - when should i send this?? thanx again 4 any help

Hi,

I wasn't asked for a court bundle either but I sent it anyway (like 3 months early!!)

I received something very similar and I called the court. The nice lady said it was more of a mediation case. If you are worried though, call your court, they are always helpful.

You won't be getting to the court stage anyway ;) .

"upon the claimant ...." suggests to me that you should have appeared at something.

I suggest that you phone the court, find out what has happened and whether there was some hearing scheduled - as paperwork seems to be going ammiss from the court - did you get your notice of issue through ok.

Also find out what documentation has been served and what if any correspondence has been sent by the Defendant to the court and get copies of all of it.

better still - go to the court and sort it out over the counter.

i thought that too, but then i guessed the claim would likely have been struck out.

jmho

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi again - thnx for all previous help - phoned court and told that the case management conference was to decide which 'track' this case should follow and for the Judge to offer directions if neccessary. I have been told we must go to this - is this normal?? Never heard of it before on this site??

well i hope its normal because i have two on the same day and my court have called them allocation hearings and today i was at a directions hearing.

its normal

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA