• Tweets

• Sec127 (3) repealed, now gone. S. 127(3)-(5) repealed (6.4.2007) by Consumer Credit Act 2006 (c. 14), ss. {15}, 70, 71(2), {Sch. 4} (with Sch. 3 para. 11); S.I. 2007/123, art. 3(2), Sch. 2
    • We used to recommend that people accept mediation but our advice has changed. The mediation process is unclear. Before you can embark on it you have to agree that you are prepared to enter a compromise – and that means that you agree that you are prepared to give up some of your rights even though you are completely in the right and you are entitled to hundred percent of your money and even though EVRi are simply trying to obstruct you in order to discourage you and also to put others who might want to follow your example off from claiming and even though they have a legitimate basis for reimbursement. Mediation is not transparent. In addition to having to sign up that you are prepared to give up some of your rights, you will also have to agree not to reveal any details of the mediation – including the result of the mediation – so that the whole thing is kept secret. This is not open justice. Mediation has nothing to do with justice. The only way of getting justice is to make sure that this matter goes to trial unless EVRi or the other parcel delivery companies put their hands up and accept the responsibility even if they do it is a gesture of goodwill. Going to trial and winning at trial produces a judgement which we can then add to our small collection to assist other people who are in a similar boat. EVRi had been leading you around by the nose since at least January – and probably last year as well – and their whole purpose is simply to drag it out, to place obstacles in your way, to deter other people, and to make you wish that you'd never started the process and that you are prepared to give up your 300 quid. You shouldn't stand for it. You should take control. EVRi would prefer that you went to mediation and if nothing else that is one excellent reason why you should decline mediation and go to court. If it's good for them it's bad for you. On mediation form, you should sign that you are not prepared to compromise and that you are not prepared to keep the result secret but that you want to share the results with other people in similar circumstances. This means that the mediation won't go ahead. It will take slightly longer and you will have to pay a court fee but you will get that back when you win and you will have much greater satisfaction. Also, once you go the whole process, you will learn even more about bringing a small claim in the County Court so that if this kind of thing happens again you will know what to do and you will go ahead without any hesitation. Finally, if you call EVRi's bluff and refuse mediation and go to trial, there is a chance – maybe not a big chance – but there is a chance that they will agree to pay out your claim before trial simply in order to avoid a judgement. Another judgement against them will simply hurt the position even more and they really don't want this. 300 quid plus your costs is peanuts to them. They don't care about it. They will set it off against tax so the taxpayer will make their contribution. It's all about maintaining their business model of not being liable for anything, and limiting or excluding liability contrary to section 57 and section 72 of the consumer rights act.     And incidentally, there is a myth that if you refuse mediation that somehow it will go against you and the judge will take a dim view and be critical of you. This is precisely a myth. It's not true. It would be highly improper if any judge decided the case against you on anything other than the facts and the law of the case. So don't worry about that. The downside of declining mediation is that your case will take slightly longer. The upside is that if you win you will get all your money and you will have a judgement in your favour which will help others. The chances of you winning in this case are better than 95% and of course you would then receive 100% of your claim plus costs
    • Nice to hear a positive story about a company on this form for a change. Thank you
    • too true HB, but those two I referred for starters - appear to be self admitted - One to excuse other lockdown law breaking, by claiming his estate away from his consistency and London abode was his main home the other if he claims to have 'not told the truth' in his own words via that quote - to have mislead his investors rather than broken lobbying rules   - seem to be slam dunks - pick which was your law breaking - it seems to be both and much more besides in Jenricks case Starmer was director of public prosecutions yet the tories are using seemingly baseless allegations for propaganda and starmer is missing pressing apparent blatant criminality in politics
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Council Tax and Bailiffs ref only - NO POSTS ALLOWED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Yesterday a baliff called to collect outstanding council tax, we had previously had a letter, I wrote to them and the council because we were trying to get some housing benefit which has since been denied.

The amount they want is £361.00 difference to the balance owed to the council, I spoke to the council and they dont want to know, they said we have to deal with the appointed baliff. So i called them to advise that we are currently remortgaging so we can clear all the arrears it was £2973.00, but would not have the funds for approximately 7/10 days. As an interim I sent them a payment of £200.00.

When I got home yesterday hubbie showed me some papers that had been posted through the door, I had told him not to answer if they called.

He said the guy sat there for an hour outside.

What is our concern is that at the bottom of the letters they have entered as inventory his car reg no, well how did they get the details.

We live in a culdesac and it was parked in the road, seems to me they must have access to DVLA.

My question is can they do this?

Thanks

SB

I questioned my bailiffs about my car. They said that if i could prove i needed the car as a means of transport to work then they couldnt take it, however he did say if the car was of a good value they could take it on the proviso that they gave you a portion of the money to purchase a cheaper car. I would write to the council or ring and ask for the main person in charge explain your situation and stress that you will soon be able to settle in full.

hopes this helps.

n

Hi sue Brooker please read link http://www.bristowsutor.co.uk/pdf/Code%20of%20Practice.pdf this will tell you of what bailiffs can and cannot take.

Contact you council again and tell them you are not refusing to clear the debt infact you are offering to pay off all the debt in one go according to your earlier statement.

Then state to them that you find the response from the bailiffs totally unreasonable on the basis being that you have offered to clear the whole debt in 7 to 10 days and they have refused this proposal,I'm sure if this matter went to court it would be dismissed straight away reason being sheer greed from the bailiffs.

As for your vehicle the name on the log book does not mean your are the owner d.v.l.a's own wording, so it's a case of the bailiff proving you are the owner not for you to prove that you aint.

Hi,

I owe council tax for last year (2005-2006) to my local authority. I have moved address and the bailiffs have been calling at my disabled mother's house, threatening her with all sorts, as they state that they have received information stating that I live there. She has told them, truthfully, that I have not been there and she has written to the council to tell them the same but they still keep calling. Originally the debt was for about £850 but at last count it was somewhere in the region of £1200, even though they were told the first time they attended that I did not live there. They must have called at mum's house about 6 times in total.

I am now in a position to pay some of the debt, I thought I'd pay them £400 this month and enclose 2 more post-dated cheques for £400 each - this will almost ruin me though. In effect the debt should be paid by the end of April, but I am concerned that they have levied excessive charges in the first place. I would like to pay Fylde Borough Council direct but they have been hostile towards my mum in the past and I do not want to bring any trouble, or the bailiffs, either to my mum or to where I now live.

I wonder if you could advise me of the best way to deal with this situation. Like most people, I would like to pay my bills. I didn't deliberately set out to deceive anyone but I cannot deal with the aggressive attitudes of either the bailiffs or council staff. I cannot let them know where I am living or they will be here. I have a small child and I just want rid of this debt and agro.

Hope you can advise.

By the way, this is the first time I have used a forum so excuse me if I've not followed correct procedure.

I wrote to the Council and the Bailiff:-

To Bailiffs address at Council Offices

“You recently left a card through my letterbox stating that we owe £573.38 in CouncilTax. I am not certain that these figures are correct.

I would be grateful if you could let me have a detailed breakdown of any charges that have been added to our account including any dates and times of visits etc.

I look forward to hearing from you”

Response received today from Enforcement Services at Council

“Thank you for your leter received 20 Feb, the contents of which are duly noted. First of all let me clarify one point, the bailiffs that attended your address is an employee of XXXX Borough Council and is not an employee of any external bailiff company.

Your entered into a payment agreement in August/September 06 to clear your council tax arrears at the rate of £200 per month and payments in this amount were received in September, October and November 06.

At the time of writing your council tax arrears including court and enforcement fees is £573.36 which is now overdue. As the previous payment plan went into default, I am not prepared to make any further agreement.

I look forward to receiving the full payment of £573.36 by return.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me”

To the Council Recoveries Department

“I have recently received a visit from Certificated Bailiffs for XXXX Borough Council advising that we owe £573.36 in Council Tax. I am not certain that these figures are correct and have asked them for an explanation. I would be grateful if you could let me have my arrears balance as soon as possible.

I will not be paying any monies to the Bailiff but will be paying to the Council direct in instalments starting at the end of this month.”

Response received today from Enforcement Services at Council

In response to your second letter also received 20 Feb the charges that you have incurred for non payment of council tax are as follows:-

11.5.06 – Summons costs £55

31.5.06 Liability Order costs £40

17.8.06 (14.04) Bailiff First Visit £22.50

15.02.07 (11.04) Bailiff Second Visit £16.50.

I hope this information is of use to you”

Where do I go from here - both letters are signed by the same person at the Council on Enforcement Services letterhead for the Council. I am not disputing that I owe Council Tax but how do I get them to let me pay by instalments when both are Council employees and on top of that we start again next month with the next years Council Tax and I don't want to go through this again.

Name and shame the councils and the bailiff companies involved here !!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/67899-mass-complaint-about-bailiffs.html

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Help for a vaunrable friend if you please?

Long story short, she got a council house with her then 'boyfriend' ready for parenthood, when it came to the crunch, he couldn't take it, and flew the nest, now she has suffered with post natal depression in a severe way since the both (not helped by an unhelpful boyfriend/father), and has fell behind with the rent a little (£250) and council tax by £450 (as stated by baliff letter, will confirm with council first).

She's just been informed by her employer that her entitlement for sick pay has now ran out and she'll have to seek benefits, now to my knowledge, the benefits she's about to recieve, will JUST get her by yes?

She's scared witless now, because last night a, in her words

"a really big, mean looking guy knocked on the door, asking to come in, whilst putting one foot between the door and door-frame"

Now i KNOW for a fact that he's seen she's a 22 year old, 5'3'' female with child and has tried forcing/bullying her into getting in, he told her

'it's costing you everytime i come, and i'll be back tomorrow, and the day after'

but of course, i'm there this time, i'm 6'1'' bodybuilder, so we'll see how he likes the aggressive size difference/bullying tactics. i've temporarily moved in with her on the setee as she rang me in histerics last night after the visit thinking everything she'd bought would be getting taken for the sake of £450 (TBC) weather she let them in or not...

So.... my question is, i'm about to send the above mentioned letter to both ballif company (Rossendales) and local authority.... am i ok to say at the door

"your not getting in, i'm in the process of contacting your company and local authority, but also the police for your attempted forced entry yesterday, and any payment for this debt will be made directly to the council?"

From what i've read above, i'm within my/her rights to do this, as he wont be breaking any protection act with regards to my friend as he wont be giving me any details of amount owed, or whom to?

QUICK RESPONSE if possible guys, he's coming at 11 today.....but not getting in either way

Do not open the door talk through a window. also try and make an agreement or even before he arrives contact the council and tell them what is what. Bailiffs should immediately back off if this is the case.

take his name and place of cerification. Also call the police if he gets stroppy but do not tell them he is a bailiff as they will arrive pretty sharpish.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

my understanding of bailiffs is that they must have a warrent and be accompanied by the police, unless you have let them in before and signed a walking possession order.

sorry not responded before only just got your message

Please please let us know how you got on today

Ok, i thought i'd listen behind the sitting room door, to hear how he spoke and what his body language was like....

So my friend answered the door, stated that i had gone down to the council tax office and paid £100 off, he IMMEDIATLY said

"your lying, the council dont accept money once it's been passed to us, the baliffs, now let me in and we'll sort something out"

Of course, this is where i step in, his foot that was, again, between door and frame, so i promptly put abit weight behind the door with a little speed.....and he moved it, explained that's twice he's attempted to gain entry by force without a warrant, or police escort....then i stepped outside and shut the door, his whole attitude changed, aswell as his language towards me/her.... i asked what he'd feel like if i began to bully him ETC then got onto the real details....

I told him i'd just been down to the office and paid £100 cash to he cash desk (i did too) and he said the same as above "you didn't they can't..etc....". and grabbed his phone, "ok i'll call them" and he did, and they confirmed that i'd paid it, welll...that put him right in his place, i'd obviously called his bluff and won, now i had his tail between his legs, i told him to knock on the door all he wants, add all charges that he wants, but that i wasonly pyaing MY money to the council, and any charges he's made up....can be settled elsewhere/how.

he then asked to 'just write on my notepad' on the drawer set in the hall way, well i'd caught straight onto this "let me in ploy" and told him no before she had a chance to say ok.... he then said, look your the householder, you have to answer, she said no, and he walked away saying i'll be back wanting more money ETC.... i've again been down today and paid a further £100 to the council and had a word with the women behind the desk, gave her an outline of what my friends going through with post natal depression, lack of money and taking her down to benefits place, she said she'd consult her manager and see what she can do....

so now the baliffs will be coming o the door for a £250 debt.... i THINK it's cheaper for them to give this one up isit not?

any help again greatly appreciated as my backs starting to ache sleeping on her setee now lol

Cheers people

What councils should do is have two lots of bailiffs one to deal specifically with non payers and one with who are on benefits etc. I would personally allow someone to pay a£250 debt ad 10% and let them pay in instalments of £7.50 per week and if they wanted leave them a paying in book to pay over the bank counter. As long as they stuck to it i would not be to bothered. also before this i would ask for proof of benefit and so on. that would sort this out but if you have a business debt of thousands dont know what i would do with them apart from pass it back to the council.

Hi,

I owe council tax for last year (2005-2006) to my local authority. I have moved address and the bailiffs have been calling at my disabled mother's house, threatening her with all sorts, as they state that they have received information stating that I live there. She has told them, truthfully, that I have not been there and she has written to the council to tell them the same but they still keep calling. Originally the debt was for about £850 but at last count it was somewhere in the region of £1200, even though they were told the first time they attended that I did not live there. They must have called at mum's house about 6 times in total.

I am now in a position to pay some of the debt, I thought I'd pay them £400 this month and enclose 2 more post-dated cheques for £400 each - this will almost ruin me though. In effect the debt should be paid by the end of April, but I am concerned that they have levied excessive charges in the first place. I would like to pay Fylde Borough Council direct but they have been hostile towards my mum in the past and I do not want to bring any trouble, or the bailiffs, either to my mum or to where I now live.

I wonder if you could advise me of the best way to deal with this situation. Like most people, I would like to pay my bills. I didn't deliberately set out to deceive anyone but I cannot deal with the aggressive attitudes of either the bailiffs or council staff. I cannot let them know where I am living or they will be here. I have a small child and I just want rid of this debt and agro.

Hope you can advise.

By the way, this is the first time I have used a forum so excuse me if I've not followed correct procedure.

i to owed nearly £2000.00 to Fylde Council.. bailiffs etc... tried to hide away

from it all .. marrage in tatters...i bit the bullit and went to see FBC.

spoke to the lady from recovery. worked out what was fees etc.. I wish i did it sooner Stopped all the bailiffs , sat down with me for nearly an hour and worked out what i could afford. paid avery penny back... took 4 years though!

it was nice to be treated like a human for once... now live in blackpool

differant council.

I told him i'd just been down to the office and paid £100 cash to he cash desk (i did too) and he said the same as above "you didn't they can't..etc....". and grabbed his phone, "ok i'll call them" and he did, and they confirmed that i'd paid it, welll...that put him right in his place, paid a further £100 to the council and had a word with the women behindi'd obviously called his bluff and won,

any help again greatly appreciated as my backs starting to ache sleeping on her setee now lol

Cheers people

If the Council has accepted money from you this means they have now taken back the debt from the bailiffs

Ok....actual balance due to the council....

£277 (£377 then)

and the balliff wanted £450 + £40 to knock on her door lol

what'll happen once i've cleared the debt? will the balliff chase her for their charges? even though they've done nothing?

I'm sure that if the council take the debt back then the bailiff's loose out

I've just come back from the CAB today and that's what they told me, in fact the guy chuckled as he said it.

So, the council said the will take back what I owe, as long as I stick to an agreement and Bristow and Sutor loose out on the £200 charges they've added for knocking on my door. (And they didn't even do that, one time I was in when they just put a note through my door and left)

Sandwell Council have sent me a statement saying I owe over £2,000 in CT arrears since 2003.

I question the amount as I'm sure it's less than that from amounts paid myself but I admit that the bulk of the claim is correct as my partner (joint property owner) said he had paid it but hadn't, ( long story) so I have liability orders in my name only , although I'm only aware of receiving one for 2005-2006.

I received a summons for liability of £308 for period 2006-7, which I paid on 26/7/2007 just before it went to court expecting that to be the full amount due for the year owed.

Yesterday a bailiff turned up at the house and my 15 year daughter was alone, off-sick from school, whilst I was taking my youngest to school. In her words he tried to 'bang the door down' and she answered it in her dressing gown. he asked her who she was, she told him her first name, and said he didn't believe her and thought it was me, the debtor. She told him her age ,when asked, and that I was not in and shut the door.

His attitude frightened her and she called me as he was still knocking the door and put a letter through, not in a 'sealed envelope' as per what Bristow & Sutor say they do when dealing with under 18's.

They attended previously for business rates that my partner disputes and I have nothing to do with, in which they threatened 'come back with a locksmith' to gain entry to a domestic property ,even though they had not entered the premises previously, and tried to take possession of my car, threatening me with legal action if I started the engine or moved it. I called the police and the bailiffs had to release the car.

So what B & S have now done is combine the 2 debts on one piece of paper for the sum of £1452.20, with just circling both rates and CT..

I've called the council making an offer of payment on the CT owing , which they have accepted and are willing to deal with it all if I can pursuade Bristows to refer the current year back to them, £733.55 that the bailiff is chasing up in CT. The CT advisor also said that Bristows can charge £25 every time they call for the debt and can enter the house, police assisted, even without a walking possession order or previous entry. I think he'll find his information is incorrect.

I called Bristows and they said I have to call the bailiff directly on his mobile number as it's too late for them to deal with it. I'm not going to deal with a thug that lies and cheats their way to a days pay and intimidates children that are ill

Bristow & Sutor have never sent out any advanced notice of attendance by post and I query 2 payments on the statement from the council saying that they were paid £61 and £50 directly from what the bailiffs claimed in 2005 minus the bailiffs fees. B & S have never been paid directly for CT arrears that are owed.

Their van rate was £130 but as it's owned by them I'm pretty sure that's another rip-off sneaked in and not proportionate to the true cost.

My only question is regarding vehicles.

With the Business rates bill for my partner had they listed my car reg, tax disc, and any keys, document under an unsigned seizure of goods . Assuming they list the same for council tax, how would they be able to seize the documents & keys without gaining access to the property or any property if you refuse to hand them over ?

I'm prepared to pay the amount owed in installments to the council but not to have my cars seized or obstucted by bailiffs when they are used for the purposes of employment and at the moment I'm having to keep them away from the premises.

SY

Im afraid i cant help regarding business rates however if these are your partners then they cant take your car for his debt. Regarding the car if it is used for work purposes even going to and from then they list in their own paperwork that they are not allowed to take it. I have had numerous problems with B and S. I also was told that the only way to stop them breaking my door down was to sign a walking possession order, i refused and rang the council and explained that i was willing to pay just couldnt afford the instalments that b and s were demanding. The council were very good and rand B and s and told them they had to accept my offer which they did although they still did try and get more out of me.

Read the other threads on B and S and you will see that we are all of the same opinion that they are dreadful. i like to think of the B and S standing for B*** S*** which if now how they are referred to in my house. !!!!!!!

Good luck let us know how you get on

Dear Steeley

Your council are solely responsible for the actions of Bristow & Sutor,They do not have to ask them to transfer the debt back to them they can demand it.

With regards to your daughter,the bailiff is required to walk away as she is under 18 no excuses.

A bailiff cannot enter your premises without firstly gaining peacefull entry.

If the bailiff is unsucesfull enter your premises they will return this debt back to the council.As regards to your vehicle you only have to state that your deny the amount they are requesting, and you want a full breakdown of all charges before any further action is taken.

I'm sure that your daughter must be very distressed by this matter and also your close neighbours who witnessed this bailiff using threatening behaviour towards your daughter;) ,so it must be in your your interest to inform the council of this matter and also Bristow&Sutor.Once again remember your council is solely responsible for the bailiffs action.

GOOD LUCK

Hi, Ladies and Gents.

First time posting for me in this bailiff thread, I’ve been a little busy in the bank charges threads.

Please don’t judge me or hate me for what I’m about to say…..

Several years ago I used to be a bailiff (about 15 to be a bit more exact).

Although at first I enjoyed the job (I was only driving) it soon became very clear of the underhand tactics that they used, to the point of me feeling that nobody had any morals within the company. Even the directors and operations manager were/are very shady and had no respect for debtors or their staff.

B+S’s name would pop up quite frequently in conversations, mostly about their bullying tactic and wrongful entry to premises. Even to another bailiff company, they seemed even more underhand!

With such a high turnover in staff, the majority of us didn’t even have court certificates, those that did seemed to be the ‘blue-eyed boys’ who were given the ‘easy’ jobs with the highest fees (mainly commercial debts).

None of us really had a true knowledge of how we stood in legal terms when recovering council tax debts, it was all made up as we went along – even the more senior bailiffs would just return the file back to the council if they thought they were treading on uncertain territory.

But, as I said, that was all a long time ago, and the ironic thing is that I too have been hounded by bailiffs and debt collection agencies for some form of debt.

My advice to anyone would be to not answer the door to them under any circumstances.

They are only acting on behalf of the council (even though we used to tell debtors that we were acting on behalf of the local magistrates).

There is always the opportunity of contacting the council again, they can ask the bailiffs for the file back at any time and for any reason.

Good luck to anyone trying to get them off your backs, they really are the **** – I should know!!

HELP NEEDED ASAP!!

Can anyone please advise me urgently. Bailiffs from Chandlers Ltd have just called at my door on behalf of Lewes District Council in respect of a council tax debt now amounting to £231.30 including extra fees.

The bailiff wanted me to pay £100 immediately to stop any further action which I couldn't pay as I'm a single parent and my 7 year old son was in bed so I couldn't go to the bank and I didn't have any cash on me. She's coming back at 9.30am tomorrow and expecting me to pay the amount in full. I'm on income support and although I have the cash in my bank (rent money) it would then leave me in financial hardship if I paid the debt in full (i.e. I wouldn't be able to pay my rent at the end of the month).

Should I print out the letter at the beginning of the thread and give it to her tomorrow? I'm really frightened as to what might happen if i don't pay and can't handle hiding behind the front door tomorrow morning so if anyone can help I'd be so grateful.

I'll sign back on in an hour to see if I've had a reply :???:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks