Mortgage Agency Services No.2

seawall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone else had any dealings with this company? I am thinking of going after them at some point and would be pleased to compare notes.

Prelim letter sent to RBoS 8/8/06 letter passed to another department...and Tommy fob off arrived

LBA sent 29/8/06 £2646.64 claimed - no reply

Claim entered 26/09/06 £2716 + interest. Not acknowledged so Judgment requested 17/10/06

Judgment in default 28/10/06:lol:

Cheque finally arrived 24/11/06, ring Group Litigation on a daily basis - you know it makes sense...:D

GE Money prelims sent for ERCs and charges on 2 accounts 18/10/06

LBAs on 2 accounts sent 5/11/2006

2nd claim against RBoS in 10/11/06, with threat of compounded contractual interest, c'mon now, concentrate...

Certainly do! I have seen a few posts about MAS6, but this lot were definately MAS2, they changed their name to that while I had my mortgage with them. have a feeling that they might have been a subsidiary of Brittania, offering sub-prime mortgages.

Trying to find some documentation about them, it's all home here somewhere....

Prelim letter sent to RBoS 8/8/06 letter passed to another department...and Tommy fob off arrived

LBA sent 29/8/06 £2646.64 claimed - no reply

Claim entered 26/09/06 £2716 + interest. Not acknowledged so Judgment requested 17/10/06

Judgment in default 28/10/06:lol:

Cheque finally arrived 24/11/06, ring Group Litigation on a daily basis - you know it makes sense...:D

GE Money prelims sent for ERCs and charges on 2 accounts 18/10/06

LBAs on 2 accounts sent 5/11/2006

2nd claim against RBoS in 10/11/06, with threat of compounded contractual interest, c'mon now, concentrate...

Hi seawll,

Have a read of my thread a bit long winded "Harsh letter sent by kensington" now MAS

Started off with Kensington april 2004 then shortly after recieved a letter advising they were switching to MAS6 going after erc 7,149.64 plus interest

Going to court tommorrow 12.30 as solicitor (drydens) want to strike out my claim.

Good luck will let you know how I get off

x

• 1 year later...

I am new member to the forum (6 June 2008) and found this discussion when making a search for MAS.

These messages date from 2006 but I am hoping that there are people who have some experiences to share about this mortgage company.

I have had a mortgage with MAS since 1997 (when it took over from Citibank - the original mortgage dates from 1988).

There have been numerous difficulties with both Citibank and even more so with MAS. The mortgage term ends in October 2009.

Very complex because the mortgage is raised on my property in order to house my brother who is in the vulnerable category, and the mortgage is supposed to be paid via my brother's Income Support.

I'd be happy to share any information that would be of interest to others. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has had or does have dealings with MAS.

One of the main problems I find is that there are no local reps and MAS has no website. I also deal with Nationwide who I find infinitely more professional.

Regards

Rosemary Moore

Surrey UK

:-x I would like info - I went for a remortage to get out of the sub prime and into the mainstream mortgages. I got a redemption figure from them, kept my payments up to date and actually paid in advance of the due date - and based my borrowing on the figures MAS gave me then two months after the original redemption figure I am being told that I owe 1k more on my mortgage and am having to get additional borrowing to complete the transaction.

And finding any complaints proceedure is almost impossible. Any info would be appreciated. And if there is anything I can do to help you in return visa ve your situation let me know.

thanks

Dear Shazburger

Thanks for replying.

I can see that our situations are very different but the problems are basically the same - that is MAS do not provide clear information to their clients and arrears pop up from nowhere. An added problem for me was in 1997 I used a company called MortgageChek (who had a deal with Chas de Vere to monitor mortgages, publicised in The Sunday Times). They didn't complete the job, I refused to pay all their charges and they tried to bankrupt me in 1999. They didn't manage to bankrupt me but nor did they complete the job which was about establishing what the arrears were.

What I am about to do is write to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (I was in contact with them ten years ago about the same problems) as things have come to a head.

I could copy you into the correspondence if you email me your address.

My email is [email protected].

You might like to pick up on issues that correspond to yours and involve the CML with your case. The other step we could both take is to pursue a formal complaint which could then - if not resolved - go to the Financial Ombudsman.

Best wishes

Rosemary Moore

Surrey UK

• 5 months later...

I am purchasing a property which was financed to prev owner by mas2

there seems to be a mix up regarding the owners cen anyone tell me if

Ali Hayden Mehmet worked for this company. reading your comments it

looks like they are inefficient or dishonest. Thank you for any responses