Prince Vs Lloyds TSB Settled in Full

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A thank you post really and one that should end up in the Lloyds section.

Your site was a huge font of advice and knowledge on getting my charges back in full. This finally happened on 12/1/07 it was not without incident however;

Usual story no interest in responding to letters ecetera.

I had heard stories of Lloyds threatening to close claimants accounts so took my business elsewhere prior to the action

Lloyds filed a defence on the last day they were able and then managed to get the case allocated on the 29th of December I assume on the basis I would not show.

They sent me (via there solicitors) a letter claiming they had paid all charges owing into my account on the 16 th December and would I be so good as to tell the court this.

I decided to wait for the money. Surprisingly no money arrived.

Faxed them straight after Christmas saying in summary pay up or see you in court, the silence was deafening.

I attended court on the 29th, to my surprise they did not. The Judge was a nice man and Lloyds Solicitor had written to the court on the 29th saying they would settle.

The Judge said he would allow them until 10th January to pay. If they did I could bring the claim back to court.

I got a cheque on the 8th, cleared on the 12th and I got a trip to court.

Thanks again, without your help I would have given in ages ago.

Hi Prince,

First of all congratualtions!! well done, you must be really happy!

was wondering if you could help me??!!! cheeky I know!

I am taking Lloyds to court next week I(after following the step by step process), at the moment they have not offered any form of settlement nor have they made any contact with me since filing defence.

Im starting to get a bit worried and nervous, I am hoping they will not show up as the thought of having to defend myself against top lawyers doesnt exactly thrill me!

how did you prepare for the court date? if they do show I want to be prepared, so any info you can give me will be much apprecaited.

Many thanks

Gemma

Oh don't worry they wont show. They will send a settlement letter prior to the date or possibly as they did with me it will be waiting at court if they are really chancing their arm.

How did I prepare?

I read up on the laws I listed in my claim. You can find them online pretty easily and made sure I had copies of the relevant bits. I had Bank Fodders script from the Going to court Library and a copy of all letters from both parties. My strategy if it came to it was to do the Columbo "I'm sorry I'm a bit stupid but..." schtick As everyone keeps saying they won't show.

The judge really was a nice man and it was late in the day I guess he wanted me out of his room so he was helpful

Good Luck

Its your money

Daprince

Thanks thats great, good to talk to people who have been through it, thanks the advice on how to prep, i will have to do my homework!!

I like the idea of pulling the old columbo trick, and i'll hope for a nice judge, and remember to smile sweetly!! he he

Thanks again

Gemma

Hi its gemma again!!

just had a quick question did u prepare a statement of evidence? or did you use the CAG Court Bundle (the one with examples of previous cases, and all the laws surrounding bank charges its about 40 pages long) because the Bundle seems to confuse me more, so wasnt sure if i needed it or just to prepare a statement of evidence??

its all so confusing!

Thanks

Gemma