Jump to content


Needing some advice please.


lmb
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

I sent my letter before action inbetween received a verbal offer for a 3rd of what they owe so accepted as a partial payment only etc.Halifax had up until the 17th December 2006 to settle befroe court action I heard nothing so off I went to the court with my N1 etc on the 19th December 2006.Received a letter on the 5th January 2007 actually dated 28th December 2006!Offering full amount!So wrote saying thankyou for the offer but informing them that had I not been forced to litigate then the court fees of £120.00 and statutory interest at 8% would not have been payable and had they paid sooner they could of avoided these costs and that I now require the additional amounts.They were served on the 11th January 2007{ Christmas and Newyear delaying it}Now should I phone them to see what they plan to do as they have offered the full amount but not the costs etc.Or do I just leave it and wait to see if they defend{ can't see why they would as they offered all what was owed}Will calling them make me sound desperate to them?Don't know what to do.Do I call or wait?Any advise would be great.Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya

I would give them the time scale that the court allows to see if they pay the FULL claim, (which they will) ;) before you ring them, I know from my claims & reading that the banks have done this before, hope that helps you out.

Good Luck with Your Claim

 

Angi x

 

 

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi-ya thanks for your advise.They have until the 25th January to file.I am just anxious to get it all sorted as everyone is.It just seems to have dragged on.Then I got all excited when the full offer came through then felt frustrated because of the added costs not included.So now I have another 10 days wait to see what they do.And knowing the Halifax they will leave it to the very last minute!Anyway thanks again Angi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya

 

Ohh they like to leave it till the last min, I know quite a few members who like yourself have been put thru it, but not to worry, it will all be over soon & you can go on a spending spree lol

You will be ok...trust the members on here, they know what your going thru....

  • Confused 1

Good Luck with Your Claim

 

Angi x

 

 

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...