Susie v Natwest

Susie2255
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The story so far is...

I requested my last 6 years worth of bank statements about a month ago, made up a schedule of charges and worked out that NatWest owe me a total of 2970.19! So I sent the standard letter requesting the reclaim of my charges and the most recent letter I have received the usual fob off letter back saying "our charges are transparent and should stand, yada yada yada". I replied back saying that this was unsatisfactory and that I unless I received an offer in full and final settlement of my claim within 14 days I would be taking the matter to Court. The latest response I have received is from Stuart Highly who says he will be investigating the matter. I think this is again a standard fob off letter. So my next step will be to send the Registered Office a letter before action requesting a response within 7 days, failing which I will take them to Court. I will keep you posted! Wish me luck.

Thanks! Lets hope so! Seems like a lot of people have been successful so far. I have set up my moneyclaim details so that once the 7 days have expired I can issue my application immediately. Is that what it seems to be taking at the moment a few months? Good stuff. :)

I allowed 14 days, the bank may argue that 7 days is not an adequate time allowance to respond, nevertheless the outcome should be the same.

Good luck

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Just re read your post. 7 days is fine in this case.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please move me to the successes area please because I have just received a letter from Natwest offering me £2,900 (i only claimed £2,700 in the first place so not bad going).

Didnt have to take them to Court at all, never received a letter from Cobbetts which seems a surprising turn of events as this seems to be the usual process at the moment but im not complaining!

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and help! Cheers! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question..

Natwest have paid my my claim (the £2970 which includes interest). They have now sent me another letter, I am guessing by mistake, offering me £2700 (which was the amount without the interest or thereabouts). Im wondering if I was cheeky enough to actually sign and send back the form so that they can credit my account, and if they actually did, whether thy could ask for the money back so many years down the line??? Does anybody know?

Please please please do not be cheeky because that would be theft. You know it is a mistake so be the better person and tell them. Please do not be silly, you have won what was taken from you, do not take something that is not due to you

YOu will get your reward in Heaven, Susie. If not before!:D:D:D

Congratulations, by the way!

My case began before yours but is still going through the mill.

Yours grumpily

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!