Welly v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, i'm new to this site and after a bit of reading i have decided to claim my charges back. I'll post all my progress in this thread and will start with some details about my claim.

Over a period of 2 years i was charged nearly every month for going overdrawn and for having unpaid direct debit's but it was mainly the charges which were making me go overdrawn and unable to pay the debits! unfair i think!

The final straw came when they charged me for going overdrawn by 10p and i phoned up the bank and told them i would not be paying anymore money into the account while they continue to charge me extortionate fee's for going overdrawn by such a small amount. The conclusion being that they closed my account.

It took me all of last week to get hold of my account number for this acct. At first i phoned customer services requesting my acct details so that i could send a SAR letter to them. I was told on the phone that they had details of my closed acct but they do not keep account numbers of closed accounts on their system, load of rubbish i think. So i had to resort to a different method to get my account details. I opened an easycash account in my local branch and then registered for online banking, and lo and behold what do i find in my online accounts portfolio? details of my recently opened account AND the details of my closed account!

Furnished with these details i sent off a SAR letter to them on friday with a cheque for £10. hopefully i'll hear something back off them soon.

Any comments that you lot have on my case would be greatly apreciated and all feedback and help/advice is most welcome.

Has anyone hear had problems with getting details of closed accounts from halifax before? anyone got first hand experience of dealing with a closed acct?

thanks in advance for any help you can give me :)

Hi Welly.

While you're waiting for your account details to arrive, spend the time reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions and give you an idea of the procedures you will be following.

Read some of the longer threads in the Halifax forum to get a feel for the action.

Regarding your account number, probably the assistant having a bad day.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

i recieved notification that they had recieved my DPA letter on thursday and they stated that i will recieve my documents within 10 days so just a case of waiting now and reading through them when they arrive