• Tweets

• Dont expect instant resolution of 14 years of poopulist party, personal and vipal excess .. but I do believe that starmer will quickly start significant delivery of change - and deliver in the long run   They need to deliver to prevent a massive rebound away from them.   Lets remember - it took the torys a couple of years to trash the country and its reputation although they worked hard on it from day one. I expect no less in timescales, and a lot more in effort and application in Starmers resolution to the tory poop abuses.
    • True, but all the threads we have for Wise concern hospital car park parking (except one) so it would suggest a hospital car park.
    • Don't worry, a week and a half is fine, especially as you've already drafted a WS. However, we need to see everything as dx says in the post above.
    • This preliminary hearing has been allocated 20 minutes so it should be fairly simple. However, judges are always on the look-out to get cases settled and sometimes these things can mushroom unexpectedly, so I would take along all the paperwork in order and prepare too much rather than too little. For example, we have a recent case where someone went to a preliminary hearing but the judge was appalled by the parking company's case and put huge pressure on their solicitor to discontinue - which he did. I have personal experience of trotting along to a preliminary hearing, only for the judge to go ballistic at the other side's solicitor who promptly dropped the whole case against me. I suggest your Mum takes these notes along and refers to them when necessary.   1.  I sent Parking Eye a Subject Access Request on 03/07/2023.  After one calendar month they had not replied. 2.  Their failure caused me a great deal of distress.  I was desperately trying to prepare for a court case and I felt they were hiding information from me. 3.  However, I did not rush to court, I sent a Letter of Claim on 03/08/2023 giving them an extension.  Again they did not reply.  So I started this court case. 4.  Parking Eye insist I have proof of postage for everything I sent - and I do.  5.  Parking Eye eventually satisfied my Subject Access request at the end of August 2023.  I believe they put a false date on their letter to pretend to have satisfied the one-calendar month deadline.  I believe they will have no proof of postage. 6.  In April Parking Eye sent me a letter to try to settle the matter, which offered me nothing.  7.  Later I sent them a letter offering to settle and asking them to offer a serious amount, not nothing, but they did not reply. 8.  I would be willing to settle out of court, but not on the basis that they offer me nothing.  
    • That was the date the email was received from them
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

'free' Phone Offers

buzby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an advertisement promising me a 'free' mobile phone with a little asterisk asking me to note the terms and conditions. You might be gobsmacked as I was at the amount of personal information I was about to disclose to third parties I had no contact with. First of all, here's the 'Privacy Policy' which is an oxymoron;

I-Deal Direct Interactive, Inc. (“Company”) respects your right to privacy. Your continued use of our website and your submission of any information to us indicate that you have read, understand and agree to our Privacy Policy.

This Privacy Policy will tell you:

· What information the Company collects.

· How the Company may share information.

· How you can let us know your preference for sharing of information.

**Please note that your information will be collected, processed and stored on servers located in the United States. Although the laws regarding data protection in the United States may be less stringent than those in the United Kingdom, the Company will collect, process and store your information in a confidential and secure environment. By registering on this website, you acknowledge that the Company operates in the United States and you agree to permit the Company to transmit and use your personal information anywhere necessary, including across international boundaries, to affect the services and transactions provided by this website.

If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Policy, please do not provide us with any information or use any of the products or services offered or provided on Company websites.

WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE PROTECT IT?

Consumer Information

We receive information about you when you register on one of our websites or on one of our affiliate’s or partner’s websites, or when you take part in a special promotion or fill out a form on one of our websites or on one of our affiliate’s, partner’s or advertiser’s websites. The information we collect may include:

· Your e-mail addres

· Your name

· Your postal address

· Your telephone number

· Your date of birth

· Your gender

· Your title

· Your marital status

· Payment Information

This information may also include any other personal information or unique preference information you choose to provide.

Information from Other Sources

We may receive information about you from other sources. This information may help us to improve our ability to service your needs on a personalized basis. It helps us to learn more about you and your shopping preferences and also helps us let you know about new offers we think you might like.

Automatic Information

We want you to be aware that certain tools exist to help us service and recognize you. For your convenience, to help us personalize your experience or better serve your needs, we may receive and store certain types of information when you visit one of our websites. You may be familiar with the term “cookies,” which are unique alphanumeric identifiers that store your personal information. These cookies are placed on your computer when your web browser accesses our websites. We use this information for tracking purposes, to deliver content specific to your interests and to educate us on things such as how you navigate to and around our websites, product browsing, content accessing, and purchasing data. If you choose, there are utilities available for purchase from independent software providers to install on your computer as well as tools/preferences you can choose through most web browsers to make website visits anonymous. Of course, cookies let you have a more satisfying website experience, so we recommend that you leave them turned on.

Information Required by the Government

The Company may be required to collect and submit certain information required by the government. This information, which may include your taxpayer identification number, will not be used, shared, transferred, or sold for marketing purposes.

ONCE INFORMATION IS RECEIVED, HOW IS IT USED AND SHARED?

We may use the collected information for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion, including but not limited to customer service, to provide you with products, services or information you have requested, to customize your user experience, for internal business purposes, and for marketing purposes, including our online and offline programs and services.

Within the Company

We share information we collect from all points of contact within the Company network, including with our parent company and with any other subsidiaries or divisions of our parent company. The information you give us and information about your transaction may be combined with other personally identifiable information available from our records and other sources.

Carefully Selected Companies and Organizations

We may share your information with various vendors, business partners, technology providers, service providers, and other organizations which are not part of the Company. These companies and organizations may use the information we provide to them to serve advertisements or assist us in serving your needs. These disclosures also may be made to help us enforce or apply existing terms and conditions and/or other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of our websites, our users or others. When you indicate your interest in receiving information, products or services from a third party advertiser on a Company website, your personal information will be provided to that advertiser. Further, we may share your information with third party advertisers and marketers for various marketing purposes, including their on-line and/or off-line programs or services. Finally, we may share your information with carefully selected partners for data validation, enhancement, information verification and suppression services, and, to the extent permitted by law, individual reference or look-up services.

Governmental Agencies or Other Companies

We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when (1) permitted or required by law, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or (3) investigating fraud that has already taken place. In all cases, this information is not provided to these entities for marketing purposes.

Right to Transfer

Should the Company choose to sell or transfer business assets, it is possible that the information we possess may be transferred as part of that transaction. The Company may decide to retain a copy of the information post sale or transfer.

DATA PROCESSING/SAFE HARBOR

The European Union (“EU”) maintains strict privacy laws. These rules differ significantly from United States laws. To reconcile these differences, the United States and the EU have created a Safe Harbor that defines mutually acceptable privacy operations. The Company adheres to the Safe Harbor principals. For more information please go to www.export.gov/safeharbor.

By providing information to the Company, you acknowledge that it operates in the United States and agree (i) to permit the Company to transmit and use your personal information anywhere necessary, including across international boundaries, to affect the services and transactions provided by this website, and (ii) that such use by the Company shall be subject to the terms and conditions stated in this Privacy Policy and applicable Terms and Conditions.

COMPANY CUSTOMER CHOICES

By completing and submitting one of our forms or our partner’s forms, you are consenting to receive commercial e-mail from the Company and third parties that informs you about new merchandise, sales, special discounts and promotions. In addition, we may send you e-mail to help us learn more about you and your preferences. If, after you have shared your e-mail address with the Company, you decide that you do not want to receive e-mail from the Company, you can discontinue promotional e-mail by clicking on the hyperlink shown in all Company e-mails and follow the directions to indicate your unsubscribe preference. If you have registered or submitted information under more than one e-mail account, you must submit separate unsubscribe requests from each account.

Note that you may continue to receive e-mail from entities other than the Company.

Request for More Information/Updating your Information

As it relates to e-mail communications or any other questions you might have about our Privacy Policy, or to update your information, or inquire as to what information is held about you, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or write to us at I-Deal Direct, Inc. 27 North Wacker Drive, Suite 623 Chicago, IL 60606.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I HIT A LINK TO ANOTHER SITE FROM A COMPANY SITE?

Our websites may offer links to other sites. Other sites have their own terms of use and privacy and security policies. If you choose to visit one of these sites, you should review the policies that govern that particular site.

APPLICATION OF THIS PRIVACY POLICY

This Privacy Policy applies to all information collected by or submitted to the Company. Other affiliated entities of the Company may obtain information independently from transactions and experiences with you or from other sources. This Privacy Policy does not pertain to that information.

WHAT IS THE POLICY WITH RESPECT TO COMMUNICATING WITH CHILDREN?

We recognize the unique privacy concerns regarding children. We are committed to carefully protecting privacy where children are involved no matter the point of contact. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted at [email protected] nd we will delete the information about the child referenced from our files.

YOUR CONSENT

By submitting information to us, you consent to the Company’s use of the information collected or submitted as described in this Privacy Policy. We may change or add to this Privacy Policy so we encourage you to review it periodically. In order to track any changes to this Privacy Policy, we will include a historical reference at the end of this Privacy Policy. This will begin at the next subsequent revision following the posting of this dated edition.

SECURITY

Our Commitment to Data Security

There is no such thing as complete security on the Internet or otherwise. The Company uses industry standard security techniques on our websites to help protect against the loss, misuse or modification of information we’ve collected from you. When you access your personal information or transmit personally identifiable data to us, that information is stored on servers that we have protected from unauthorized access or intrusion. While we strive to protect your information, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. You acknowledge and assume this risk when communicating with the Company, its partners and affiliates.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE OVER PRIVACY IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PRIVACY POLICY, AS WELL AS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS PRIVACY POLICY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE VALUE OF THE TRANSACTIONS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY THE COMPANY TO THE EXTENT SUCH CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE BARRED BY OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Revisions: Sep 08, 2006, Sep 12, 2006, Oct 25, 2006

Start Date: 04/03/2006

That's just your privacy information gone, now look at the Terms & Conditions of the offer;

How do I get my free Mobile Phone?

Registration

Enter your e-mail address and additional information as needed. Do not enter a P.O. Box for your mailing address. We will not ship any promotional item to a P.O. Box.

Short Survey

Answer the short survey questions. You may find that there are even more great deals to be had on top of free Mobile Phone!

Bonus Freebies and Offers

Find a few more special items that could be of great interest to you.

Complete your choice of sponsored offers.

You must successfully complete the following sponsored offers: two (2) offers from Silver Offers, two (2) offers from Gold Offers, and two (2) offers from Platinum Offers. Our sponsors cover the entire cost of the free Mobile Phone along with the shipping & handling fees.

What does "complete" exactly mean?

By "completing" an offer, you are fulfilling the registration requirements unique to each offer.
For credit card offers, you must be approved for and activate that credit card by making a purchase, balance transfer or cash advance to "complete" the offer.

For High-Speed Internet Service offers, you must order and install that High-Speed Internet Service to "complete" the offer.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MAY COMPLETE ONLY ONE DISCOVER CARD APPLICATION AS PART OF THIS OFFER.

PLEASE APPLY ONLY ONCE TO ANY GIVEN CREDIT CARD OFFER.

YOU MAY SIGN-UP WITH EACH OF OUR ADVERTISERS ONE TIME EVERY SIX (6) MONTHS. ONCE YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED AN ADVERTISER'S OFFER YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM SIGNING-UP FOR THAT OFFER, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER OFFER SPONSORED BY THE ADVERTISER FOR SIX (6) MONTHS.

THIS OFFER IS LIMITED TO ONE GIFT PER HOUSEHOLD.

USERS WHO VIOLATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A FREE PROMOTIONAL ITEM FROM THIS WEB SITE.

Sponsors report to us that you completed their offer. This will generally take up to 4 weeks, depending on the sponsor.

We will not respond to inquiries regarding offer status until 30 days after you have attempted to complete an offer.

Tell us where you want your Free Mobile Phone to be shipped.

When you land on the final page on this website and select the required offers, an e-mail will be sent to you to confirm your e-mail address. A link in this email will take you to your personalized account page. After confirming your email address, you will be provided access to your account, detailing all the sponsored offers you selected and their status, either “Pending” or “Approved.”

Please login to your customized account page to check your offer status. When you have completed the required offers, you must click on the Approval button on the account page. This will initiate a confirmation e-mail to be sent to you with instructions for verifying your shipping address. You must follow the instructions in the “Approval“ email to redeem your free gift.

Once you verify your mailing address by following instructions in the “Approval“ email, address, a Redemption certificate will be generated. Print out this certificate and mail to: I-Deal Direct, Inc. 27 North Wacker Drive, Suite 623 Chicago, IL 60606

Your Redemption certificate must be postmarked within 15 days of your final required offer being “Approved.“

Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of your free Mobile Phone after we receive your certificate.

Note: I-Deal Direct, Inc. is responsible for all free Mobile Phone order fulfillment. Please do not contact our sponsors regarding your free Mobile Phone status.

General Terms and Conditions

MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk, ("MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk" or "we") may revise these terms from time to time, at our sole discretion, by updating this posting. Your use of the Service will signify your acceptance to the terms.

ELIGIBILITY. To participate in MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk, you must be an individual at least 18 years of age and reside in the United Kingdom. Corporations or other business entities are not eligible to participate. MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk reserves the right to terminate any or all duplicate registrations. This offer is limited to 1 free gift per household. Each household is limited to the use of one (1) e-mail address. Each household must use the same e-mail address throughout all sites owned or operated by I-Deal Direct, Inc.. Any accounts that share the same name, email address, shipping address, IP address, phone number and/or credit card will be considered as the same household. Only 1 account is allowed per houeshold. Households who violate this provision will forfeit the right to receive a promotional item from this site, as well as any other site owned or operated by I-Deal Direct, Inc.. This offer expires 60 days from the date you register on the site. In a six-month period, each household may qualify for and receive (a) multiple promotional items with a total value of £1000, or (b) one (1) promotional item with a value that exceeds £1,000. A household may qualify for and receive each promotional item one (1) time.

PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION. You must provide valid and truthful contact information including name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, gender and date of birth to MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk. You must provide this same valid and truthful contact information as required by advertiser or partner when completing any offer presented by or in conjunction with MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk. MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk reserves the right to terminate any registration containing untruthful information or providing untruthful information to its advertisers or partners in the process of completing any offer presented by or in conjunction with MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk.If you provide inaccurate or untruthful information to MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk its advertisers or affiliates, you will forfeit your right to receive a promotional item from this site, as well as any other site owned or operated by MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk or related companies.

ENROLLMENT. To the full extent allowed by applicable law, MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk at its sole discretion and for any or no reason may refuse to accept any given registration.

MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK NEWSLETTER AND OTHER EMAILS. By signing up for MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk, you are opting-in to receive MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk newsletters and other special offer emails. If you do not wish to receive these emails, you may opt-out at any time, by clicking on the opt-out link in the email messages you receive from MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk

MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk does not warranty, guarantee, or insure the quality of any product or service requested from one of the partner offers.

YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MARKETING PARTNERS. Your relationship with marketing partners whom MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk delivers offers for, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, entry into and operation of promotions, discounts or contests, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such marketing partner. You agree not to hold MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the content provided by such partners through the Service.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, CUSTOM OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE. NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

I. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK NOR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, SUBSIDIARIES, PUBLISHERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF USER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO ANY USER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE VALUE OF ONE Mobile Phone FROM THE MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK WEBSITE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE THE Mobile Phone WITH A GIFT OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE DUE TO INTERNAL INVENTORY STOCK. THIS SUBSTITUTION MAY INCLUDE MONETARY COMPENSATION EQUAL TO THE VALUE OF THE ACTUAL Mobile Phone. THE DETERMINATION OF THE ACTUAL VALUE OF THE GIFT ITEM WILL BE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK. DECISIONS BY MYFREEMOBILEPHONE.CO.UK REGARDING THE VALUE OF THE GIFT AND/OR SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE GIFTS ARE FINAL.

SECURITY. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk has used appropriate industry standard procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of Your personal information, such as firewall, encryption, token authentication, application proxies, monitoring technology, and adaptive analysis of network traffic to track abuse of our network and its data. However, no data transmitted over the Internet can be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or from our sponsors and You do so at Your own risk.

This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between You and MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk in connection with general registration on MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. If any provision of this AGREEMENT is found invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of this AGREEMENT will remain in force. No failure of either party to exercise or enforce any of its rights under this AGREEMENT will act as a waiver of such rights.

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS. It is the policy of MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk to respond expeditiously to claims of intellectual property infringement. We will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. Notices of claimed infringement should be directed to:

Registered Copyright Agent

MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk

I-Deal Direct, Inc. 27 North Wacker Drive, Suite 623 Chicago, IL 60606

So, despite the vendor being a UK company, you're providing your details to a USA handling agent, along with your private data.... as for the original advert, the asterisk connected to a box that stated;

*This promotion is conducted exclusively by MyFreeMobilePhone.co.uk and is subject to participation terms and conditions. Receipt of your item requires compliance with offer terms, including: age and residency requirements; registration with valid e-mail address, shipping address and contact phone number; completion of user survey and sponsor offers. Upon valid completion of all Program Requirements, we will ship your item to your provided shipping address. Unless otherwise indicated, participation eligibility is restricted to U.K. residents, 18 and over. Void where prohibited.

I'd suggest it might be better to purchase a Pay As You Go Phone, and avoid firms like these like the plague.

If you receive an unsolicited telephone call from a sales agent trying to sell you a mobile. (Easy to spot, you've been specially selected to recieve a free phone on an unbeatable tariff, and the call will have an International flag or Number Unavailable). I stumbled on a great way to get them to hang up on me.....!

Three UK networks (Orange, Virgin and 3UK) previously offered a tariff that had NO monthly rental, you only paid for calls. As tariffs went, these were great - and before you ask, no they're not available to new takers (unfortunately).

All these sellers try to lever you into a monthly fee of £25 and above. If you explain your current tariff offers free rental and you only pay for calls on the Orange Value Promise or 3 To Go tariff, if they can match your existing tariff, you'll be happy to sign up.

I've had three hang up on me already using this tactic. Might be worth remembering!

:o I started to read the first post and had go into skim-reading mode when those T&Cs got half-way through - my heart started thudding and I had a rising feeling of nausea - at the sheer amount of evil ******(insert fave expl. here) that was peddling...gods, it was like a contract with Satan himself...sign your whole damned life away...

I do actually have to go and lie down now. I feel quite faint! :(

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

They say Satan has a reason for what it does.

Since they cant prove of Satan's existence then I will use the word "it"

Don't think evil has anything to do with the contract I think its just a bunch of guys thinking that maybe they can make some quick dosh.

But hey Criminals are criminals and folks if you your one of those the CAG is after you.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/