• Tweets

• your claim is against whomever fitted that parts.  
    • I would also take this opportunity to add that I don't really understand why you purchased an insurance policy for this watch – unless it offered you something like new for old, accidental damage or that the policy was transferable to a new owner in the event you decided to sell the watch. If there is not the features that interested you then you are perfectly adequately covered by your consumer rights contained in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and of course it would be unlawful for John Lewis to attempt to exclude or limit liability in case something happened to the watch and it ceased to be of satisfactory quality for a reasonable period of time. By and large these extended warranties are a waste of money
    • Sunak to new MPs at the Kings Speech debate. Rishi Sunak, in the king's speech debate, tells new MPs that "life comes at you fast" on the government benches. "Before you know it you end up with a bright future behind you and are left wondering whether you can credibly be an elder statesman at the age of 44," he adds.
    • Properly declared means that you declared the exact value of the item that you sent and by and large you are limited in the value that you can claim to that declared value.  It seems that you didn't declare the value of the accompanying insurance and so if you want, you can go ahead and claim it and we will help you but by and large although your chances of recovering the value of the watch are much better than 95%, The chances of you claiming the value of the lost insurance are much less.  It's up to you if you want to try . Please do the reading that we have advised and start preparing your letter of claim and post the draft here. I suggest that you think about posting up a draft letter of claim on about Sunday which will give you lots of time to do necessary reading  
    • The dealership is not the issue, the technician who I have known for a long time explained where the fault lies, the other garage for lack of a better word did a very  poor job of putting the brake pad on where the piston was not lined up correctly which caused uneven pressure on inner pad, the peg on rear of pad not sat in grove of piston.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

me vs the world

ronvin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i'm currently claiming bank charges back from loads of diffenent banks, recently heard that you can do the same with store cards. is this true????? if so can i use the same letters as i've used for the banks and is it the same time (6 years worth).

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

thanks bottomburp thats a great help. i haven't won any yet i'm just impatient and i wants whats mine !!!!!!!! i've got 3 at different stages so hopefully i don't get confused.

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

• 2 months later...

sending off my sars to oasis and river island tomorrow lets see what that brings!

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

• 2 months later...

Well I've Eventually Got My Statements From Both Companies

G E Money Sent Them No Problem

Ikano Went Over Their 40 Days So I Gave Them A Few Extra And When I Still Didn't Receive Them I Gave Them A Ring And Asked Where They Were, They Had The Cheek To Say They Hadn't Received My Sars Or The £10 Chq (i Sent Them Recorded Delivery) I Told Them That They Had Been Sent By Recorded Delivery And I Had The Signature In Front Of Me. I Then Asked For Someone To Phone Me So This Situation Could Be Sorted Out

No One Phoned But I Did Get A List Of Fees Applied To My Account Since It Had Been Opened In The Post

Next Steps Prelims To Be Sent Today

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

Keep us posted - we've just won against GE Money, so rooting for anyone else who is taking them on

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

• 2 weeks later...

Well i sent off the prelims so they would have received them last monday. No reply from GE MONEY (their time isn't up yet ) but to my surprise i received a letter from IKANO offering me 50% of what i'd claimed (i don't think so, i want it all) so they will be receiving a letter stating that i will

accept this amount as part settlement as i will still go after the rest.

In my letter i'm also going to say that they can keep all of the charges as the total charges = the amount of money i still owe them.

Do they normally go for this or not ?

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

In my letter i'm also going to say that they can keep all of the charges as the total charges = the amount of money i still owe them.

I don't think you need to sat that as that is what normally happens anyway

Steven

Thought they might, just thought i'd clarify with them thats what i'm doing.

I'm in the process of claiming my charges back from the banks but I've not delt with credit/store cards before so a bit unsure how they work,

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

Well I Got The Post After Work To Find Not One But Two Letters From Ge Money

Letter 1 Was A We Thank You For Your Recent Letter However The Concerns You Raised Are Being Investigated And We Will Get Back To You In The Next 4 Weeks It Had A Lovely Little Leaflet To Show What The Procedure Is For Dealing With Complaints And The Time Scale I'm Looking At. Aren't They Kind.

Letter 2 Was An Offer Of Full And Final Settlement And As A Gesture Of Good Will (whatever)

This Just Shows They Don't Know What Each Other Is Doing As They Both Have The Same Date On Them

I'd Heard That Ge Money Were Well Hard And Don't Like To Part With our Hard Earned Cash.

Still No Word Form Ikano Lba Going Out On Monday

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

Well, there you go! Did letter 2 contain an offer for everything you asked for?

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck prettythings hope all goes well keep us posted on your successes and if you need any help or support along the way just ask.

Well thinking about Ikano (Oasis) and looking through my piles or paper they didn't send me everything. so i've added some to the rejection letter (It must really get them down being rejected all of the time ha ha ha ) as they've only given me 3 yrs i've had it longer i'm sure

comments please as i'm bobbins at wording things

Dear Miss Malin

Re: - **** **** **** ****

Thank you for your letter dated 15/06/07.

I respectfully decline your settlement offer of £82.00, and request once again that you return to me the charges imposed, totalling £164.00 for this claim.

I will accept the amount offered as part settlement on this claim and on a clear understanding that I will pursue the recovery of the remainder through the courts if necessary.

If you do not accept my own conditions for acceptance, or do not respond within 7 days then I will proceed to the next stage of my claim. For the avoidable of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

Also in my letter dated 19/03/07 asked you to supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my history with this account. I only received a list of charges taken from this account by yourselves from 04/09/04 to 01/06/07. I firmly believe that my history with this account exceeds this time period and I again ask you to supply me with this information under the data protection act 1998 subject access request.

As your company seem to have misplaced the cheque sent previously I again enclose a payment of £10 which I shall be claiming back if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me.

What do you think ?

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

Ron

It looks fine except that we normally give them 14 days rather than 7 (that way, the 2 lots of 14 days gives them a total of 28 days which is considered a reasonable time for them to respond before taking them to court)

Steven

I thought i'd be nice and give them 7 days to respond to this letter before proceeding with my LBA

Does anyone know which company ikano took over from. Was it creation ? I can't remember

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

I thought i'd be nice and give them 7 days to respond to this letter before proceeding with my LBA
Your a real gent!

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Rovin just to keep you in the link I am sending my lba today to natwest , but so far they have not responded to any letters, they just sent the statements no letter attached. I have heard from capital one after my sar but they did not send me the info i needed, so have posted a note for some help. Oh and I am claiming against my pilot card creation financial and i sent my sar ages ago and have still not heard. Have been reading your thread and have my fingers crossed for you.