Please Help?!!! Court bundle timframe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have just received the notice for my allocation hearing, which will take place on 10th April. The letter states that I will need to provide my court bundle two weeks before the hearing, which seems normal judging by all the threads I have just been looking through.

I was just wondering what experiences people have had at this stage. Is it best to get the court bundle out ASAP? Could this speed up a settlement? If so, this sounds tempting. However, equally I am going through a very very busy few weeks and am then on holiday until 14th Feb. I will then have more time on my hands to sort out this bundle. Is this timing ok, or will I be leaving it too late?

Any guidance would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Katie:)

From what I have read, people who have submitted thier bundle seem to get results quickly. I just put mine in on friday, my court hearing isn't til March 2nd - basically I did it when i'd manage to get it together....

Thanks for the responses.

They have sent me 'Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)'

'Judge has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated to the small claims track.

The hearing of the claim will take place on ... at ... and should take no longer than 2 hours.

The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts' report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing.*

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.'

etc.

I thought that this meant the court bundle. Have I misunderstood?!:confused:

Of in doubt, send it early. I was just saying that I sent mine 3 months early. It hasn't lead to an early settlement on my part, but the guy dealing with my case (at Barclays) quit?!:D

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I think I will try to get my court bundle ready now, or as much of it as possible anyway.

Just one slight hitch or possibly a major hitch. I have managed to send off the allocation questionnaire without taking a copy of it. So I have no AQ to put in my bundle. Oops! Is this going to be a massive problem? :(

Don't worry, I didn't have a copy of mine either and have reached a settlement today:D (hearing date was 18/1/07), just trying to get signed letters back to them.

I left my bundle until the last minute as I ended up having to buy a printer/photocopier to complete the job, I was hoping to get it sorted before then.:mad: I think it's best to get it done as soon as possible, less stress for you as well.

Good luck

Hek