Stunning victory against Nationwide

Robertxc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My defence was quite simply that the value of the charges plus interest had to be deducted from the overdraft. They decided at the first hearing that they didn't want to pursue the matter and tried to walk away from the whole thing. I wouldn't let them until they fixed my credit file. Which is now being done.

Could i ask how much of that £1500 of made up of charges? And were you claiming that £x of charges plus 8% was deducted from the total?

I wasn't claiming anything. Nationwide were trying to exract their £1500 overdraft from me. I refused to pay about £1000 plus interest, because that was how much I had been penalised over the years.

• Confused 1

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Absolutely. I guess you could say that I set a trap for them, and they walked right into it. I knew for a fact that their procedures would automatically lead to court action, especially, since I refused even to discuss paying back the overdraft.

I tell you, this strategy has really got me interested.... I think I might have to give it some serious thought once I've got the rest of my DPA requests in and seen the full picture! Thanks Robert :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

I have already indicated in a number of threads including one in the General section that if the bank is suing you and the claim is for a sum which is comprised either wholly or substantially of charges then you as a defendant will automatically be in a position of advantage.

This is because it is the bank that is pushing the matter into court and at the claimant they will have to do prove their case if you decide to defend. This means that if you raise the issue of charges in your defence then the bank will be obliged to reveal the highly secret information which would damage them to a point where the flood of claims would be unstoppable.

Once again if you are being sued by your bank, please let me know about it.

Not to mention that as the Defender, I was in a position summon witnesses in my defence. I told them I would be summoning both my branch manager and Natiowide's Director of Retail Services. They would have been required to appear or risk having an arrest warrant issued... Now THAT would have been something to see.:-)

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

• 1 month later...

Not to mention that as the Defender, I was in a position summon witnesses in my defence. I told them I would be summoning both my branch manager and Natiowide's Director of Retail Services. They would have been required to appear or risk having an arrest warrant issued... Now THAT would have been something to see.:-)

• 1 month later...

Impresive stuff, I'm in a similar postion with the Halifax. I've even offered to pay the over draft but not the charges. They have ignored letter after letter and keep phoning me upto 10 times a day during work hours. About 75 percent of the calls have been hang ups sometimes with the word Halifax uttered b4 the hang up. Your case is inspiring and I'm determined to win now.

N

They may freeze my bank account, take my stereo, but they will never take my bank charges!

BigN - have you asked wrote to them to stop phoning? If not, I would do as they can get in trouble for harrassment if they carry on after that.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Yes I have writen to them and they wrote back and told me in writing that were unwilling to stop calling.

They may freeze my bank account, take my stereo, but they will never take my bank charges!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks