Who deals with whom? directory of banks/Dca/solicitors

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can assure you that Blair Oliver & Scott are trading and collecting monies on behalf of the Bank of Scotland as are Wescot Credit Services

Aktiv Kapital collect on behalf of Time Retail Finance

Arrow/Global Receivables Management/CBS collect on behalf of Paragon

HFC bank and Beneficial bank seem to use a firm of solicitors called Restons.

If anyone has any details of dealinigs with Restons or Arrow I would be most grateful

Westcot Credit Services - cant find them on the data controller register i.e. they cannot process third party data, I have reported them to ICO for processing unsubstantiated data against my credit file.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a letter from a GOLD SOLICITORS but it says in the letter to telephone their clients EOS SOLUTIONS PLC and to make the cheque/payment toi EOS to.

gold solicitors

2 birchwood office ark

crab lane

fearnhead

warrington

wa2 oxs

eos solutions ik plc

2 birchwood office park

crab lane

fearnhead

warrington

wa2 oxs

It certainly looks dodgy, Conradsfate, but common I believe.

CL Finance and the Lewis Group are located at the same address (and part of the FTSE quoted company Cattles plc) but when I sent a letter by recorded delivery to their para-military wing Howard Cohen Solicitors' P.O. Box it was signed for by someone from the Lewis Group! And there was silly old me wondering how the Post Office could get a signature from a P.O. Box.

Vandermerwe.

Would anyone with any definite proof that these 'dormant' DCAs are sending out letters and receiving payment please pm me with the details. I am in a meeting next week with people who are most interested in these companies!

The more proof we have, the stronger the case against them will be.

Spotnot

May I first offer my apologies, as being new to the site and particular forum, some of thse information scanned in the posts, may have been misinterpreted.

My personal interest in BCW (Buchanan) stems from them purchasing/receiving a debt owed to Provident Personal Finance.

Prior to this October 2006 - June 2007, been passed around three solicitors, making it difficult for myself and legal counsel to reply.

As of the 28th June and 7th July 2007 respectively, BCW forwarded correspondence - BCW Reg: 03967099 but include a payment service at buchanan clark + wells online payments. or premium telephone number 0871 700 1587 (which on two occasions, after waiting some 15 mins +, have failed to access properly.)

My concern is that I am having difficulty accessing their details at CH and wonder if they are indeed dormant. Their correspondence (willing to post pdf) shows no contact telephone number (?) only a fax, the payment website, 24hr payment line, and their website.

This gives me some concern as we seem unable to contact them (tel. line always switches to queue of 15/20 mins or more (premium rates)) to negotiate a settlement, repayment plan, etc.

Briefly, a legal representative managed to get through to them last week, but only to be told there where problems with their system, and the client's details could not be accessed, etc. They would ring back, to date no call received.

If this post has crossed into aspects of other forums please forgive me.

However, the last piece of information causing some doubt is that, they are registered in England and Wales, Registered office: Stratford upon Avon. However, they also operate a Scottish office in Glasgow. Although by law they need only indicate their main registered premises, they are in local directories, but appear to have registration details listed in Scotland, as BCW Group plc and BCW Financial Services Limited.

Hope this assists all the queries posted regarding BCW, and happy to supply further details if requested.

Tom

Pegasus-81 (and others interested in BCW) go to bcwgroup.com and browse all the content.

I've had no dealings with them (yet?) but detest these plc's that have some murky 'divisions' lurking among their public directed bull dust.

They have a self-congratulatory in house magazine which, if you go through it, lists numerous executives and their direct numbers beginning 0141. As far as I can see the site avoids the 'pay up' page with its 0870 number (another thing I detest), but it's a sobering thought they claim to have been in "The Sunday Times" top 100 companies to work for in 2006 because that's quite an achievement.

Anyone really needing to know more about them should perhaps go to "The Sunday Times" archives.

I'm not too familiar with Scottish company law, but I would imagine any formal request to the Company Secretary of BCW plc should produce a copy of their Annual Report. If not buy one share in the company.

There seems to exist, to my mind, activity similar to that of divisions of Cattles plc which I have quoted in my post above.

Don't know if this will help anyone - I certainly hope it does and gives them some ammo. they might be be needing. If so, please post.

Van

• 5 months later...

Hi

My husband has been paying Lewis Debt Recovery for the past two years for a debt he had with Bank of Scotland. After looking at the list it is listed as Dormant, what does this actually mean, can they chase him for the debt and should they have been allowed to receive monies paid off the debt.

Hayley

I am having dealings with BCW which from sometime in December became Apex credit management Ltd. Judging by the messages left on my phone they don't seem to know who they are yet as they are BCW one day and Apex the next:).

Shazza

TOTAL Confusion - EOS Solutions UK (Warrington) were called Logic Group until Sept 06.Logic Group (Edinburgh) were called Collection Agencies until Sept 06.Collection Agencies (Warrington) were called EOS Solutions ltd until Sept 06.EOS Solutions ltd (Warrington) were called EOS UK Holdings until Jun 06.EOS UK Holdings (Edinburgh) were called EOS Solutions ltd until Jun 06 , then EOS Solutions UK until Sept 06. FULL CIRCLE!! How can they just swap their names around like this??

I'd get the OFT to look into this. Sounds like someone from Cabot joined them :D

hi hayley if you are paying a dormant company im sure this may come under the money laundering act,also does this company have a credit licence ?

perhaps andrew or someone else can help more in this

Hi

My husband has been paying Lewis Debt Recovery for the past two years for a debt he had with Bank of Scotland. After looking at the list it is listed as Dormant, what does this actually mean, can they chase him for the debt and should they have been allowed to receive monies paid off the debt.

Hayley

I raised the issue of Dormant Company status with Companies House over another DCA called Triton which is a part of RBS. After quite an investigation Triton proved to Companies House that they did not in fact employ staff themselves, or pay for any of the operations down to the last paperclip, it was all paid for by RBS. They therefore had no accounts or trading records, did not raise invoices or pay any so, could declare themselves as Dormant for accounting and reporting purposes. Brings a whole new meaning to the word 'Dormant' doesn't it? Nonsense if you ask me, but technically they can do it. I suggest before anyone gets too carried away with Dormant Company status they check the whole gambit out with Companies House first.

thanks andrew1 ,but would nt they be subject to (if collecting monies)need a credit licence to trade in the finance sector.....

patrickq1

That's probably true, and I guess they have one. (I'll check!) but it's no doubt like having a drivers license but never buying a car and always getting the bus. It's there if you need it.

Triton were a company owned by Natwest before the RBS merger come t/o and RBS inherited it. As with many of the dca's and so called 'solicitors' who are actually just a desk in the bank ( Blair Oliver & Scott - Bank of Scotland good example) these companies are often an intregal part of these banks, funded, staffed, paid for all by the bank and are just a trading name for collections purposes - they apply for a license in that name no doubt and hey presto operate accordingly. Dormant Company status is for Accounting purposes and if they don't have suppliers or sales then Dormant status makes no difference. We all get upset when a dormant independent company starts to fire off letters etc, but even then it could remain Dormant in Companies House for 22 months before having to file accounts ( 12 months trading then 10 months in which to file ) so anyone chasing a company because it shows as dormant at Companies House is probably wasting their time - time better spent making sure they are abiding by the law and not drawing attention to themselves from the Cabot Fan Club :D

Sarah

Businesses requiring a licence

You are likely to need a licence if you want to:

• sell on credit
  • hire or lease out goods for more than three months
  • lend money
  • issue credit cards or trading checks
  • arrange credit for others
  • offer hire purchase terms
  • collect debts
  • help people with debt problems
  • advise on people's credit standing.

You are not likely to need a licence (unless you are a credit-reference agency) if:

• you are lending amounts of credit or hiring goods at a cost which is always more than £25,000
  • you only deal with limited companies
  • you are just accepting credit cards or trading checks issued by someone else (and you didn't introduce the borrower to them)
  • you are just allowing customers to pay their bills in four or fewer instalments within a year beginning on the date of the arrangement.

Your licence must cover all the categories of credit activities that you plan to carry out. It is a criminal offence to carry out any activities that are not covered by your licence.

All professions or trades are 'businesses' for licensing purposes. Even if you make no charge for services or are non profit-making, you may still need a licence

• 2 months later...

Hi - just a quick question :)

Can a DCA (listed as dormant, who were also being audited) chase payments towards debts?

I've been hassled by blair, oliver & scott (amongst others) on and off for about 18 months now, but it's only recently that i've read this particular thread. At the time this thread was initially posted, i was receiving the usual threatograms from them and in March/April i made a couple of small payments. I don't know if their status was 'active' by then, but as i say they were DEFINETELY chasing me in January.

Have i cause for complaint, or any other action? I realise that they may be some deadlines involved here and that i may have missed them, but i'd really appreciate some advice please.

:o You can't give a baby booze! :o

Hi and thanks for your reply.

The list on the first page of this thread states that BOS were dormant and that they were being audited - I realise that this thread is over a year old and that their status has now been active for some time. I was under the belief that if a company is listed as dormant, then they shouldn't be chasing people and demanding (or accepting) any money. If that is the case, then i may be able to use this to my advantage. However, as i did not act upon it at the time, it may be futile!

yes it would be a futile gesture they are still allowed to trade ,only found out some months ago,but y dont you check your charges penalties and PPI as you will be aware most PPI were sold without a care for their customers and you will find the PPI was useless if you were unemployed sickness or self employed

patrickq1

Daft question, but how would i get hold of this info? All the documents relating to the loan have been lost (can't for life of me work out how i managed it). Funnily enough, the only info i have on my ppi is from the application form i got from BOS. The loan was for £1000 and the ppi was about £350 - WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING OF?!

But wouldn't these checks count as acknowledging the debts?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Folks

Today I get a letter from the following-

Green & Co

Solicitors

Kendal Court

Ironmasters Way

Telford TF3 4DT

Principal: J A M Green L.L.B.(Hons)

This firm is the practising name of solicitors employed by The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. (They don't know how to spell!)

These creatures have threatened me with court proceedings without notice if I don't settle this disputed debt. Their letter was sent 19th March arriving today, 25th just giving me 7days to respond !!!

My dispute is with NatWest and I am challenging them over the legality of how they set up the credit card facility at source - i.e. how did they create the money to fund the credit card facility in the first instance.

I may be able to help others who have problems of this nature. We do, in fact have remedies of this sort and the law does actually support us. Take a look at my website to find out more.

Best wishes - Bouncer

[edited]

Welcome Bouncer, this sounds like another Triton account and Ms Green is well known for her terse words.

As this is a forum where we all help each other maybe you'd be prepared to share your knowledge? As you have seen one can't link to ones own website - advertising is not allowed, it has to be on the forum for the benefit of everyone. There are a lot of issues over RBS and Ms Green across the forum so I'd say your experience and knowledge would be gratefully received.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

With regard to who deals with who .I have discovered today that a firm known as Capital Collections is responsoble for taking over any debts owed to Citifinancial . They say that they are part of the company however they are extremely persistent on ringing people constantly . Even after you have spoken with them and made an arrangement their attitude is to still persist in ringing the customer. explanation given when this was questioned was this is an automated system and you have to have the calls . Surely this is a type of harassment ? Like your comments.

Also re your Lloydstsb contact Sechari, Clark & Mitchell . According to the letters they send they are solicitors but there is no direct contact as if you dial any of the numbers on their correspondence then you get Lloydstsb agents . Even writing to the address on the letter & sending it recorded brings no response from them. Is this a case of the bank using the solicitors letterhead to scare people . As whatever route you use you end up with Lloydstsb (usually an Indian call centre). Plus if you check lists of solicitors in Brighton which is where their address is shown to be they are not listed . So where are they ?

Thought this would be of interest to you.

Hi,

With regard to who deals with who .I have discovered today that a firm known as Capital Collections is responsible for taking over any debts owed to Citifinancial . They say that they are part of the company however they are extremely persistent on ringing people constantly . Even after you have spoken with them and made an arrangement their attitude is to still persist in ringing the customer. explanation given when this was questioned was this is an automated system and you have to have the calls . Surely this is a type of harassment ? Like your comments.

Also re your Lloyds TSB contact Sechari, Clark & Mitchell . According to the letters they send they are solicitors but there is no direct contact as if you dial any of the numbers on their correspondence then you get Lloydstsb agents . Even writing to the address on the letter & sending it recorded brings no response from them. Is this a case of the bank using the solicitors letterhead to scare people . As whatever route you use you end up with Lloydstsb (usually an Indian call centre). Plus if you check lists of solicitors in Brighton which is where their address is shown to be they are not listed . So where are they ?

Thought this would be of interest to you.

Write and ask them for their complaints procedure, if they don't respond write to the OFT Trading Standards and complain. Take a look at the OFT Debt Collection Guidance http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

You'll generally find something in there that they are breaking the rules on. Good luck

Sarah

As whatever route you use you end up with Lloydstsb (usually an Indian call centre)

i have posted a thread concerning data leaving the company outside the EU it is now branded as a no no and should be reported accordint to the EU no data should be passed outside the EU

PATRICKQ1

As whatever route you use you end up with Lloyds TSB (usually an Indian call centre)

i have posted a thread concerning data leaving the company outside the EU it is now branded as a no no and should be reported accordint to the EU no data should be passed outside the EU

PATRICKQ1

What about the likes of Abbey then Patrick who have all our account information in Indian call centres? Surely that can't be unlawful, they must have covered that before?

READ THIS SEE IF IT HELPS

PATRICKQ1

according to the DATA PROTECTION ACT THEN hfo services ltd

ARE IN BREACH OF THE TRANSFER OF DATA PROTECTION YET THE Information Commissioners Office SEEMS TO THINK THEY ARE OK,WELL IF YOU FIND YOUR data being transfered to other countries outside the EU then and if the Information Commissioners Office do nothing you can report this to a higher authority as in the EUROPEAN UNION HEADQUARTERS

it is about time the Information Commissioners Office acted in the uk instead of being limp wristed

patrickq1

European Data Protection Supervisor

Mr Peter HUSTINX and Mr Joaquin BAYO DELGADO are appointed for a term of five years European Data Protection Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.

Mail address:

European Data Protection SupervisorRue Wiertz, 60B - 1047 Bruxelles/Brussel

Office: rue Montoyer, 63, 6th floor

Tel: + 32-2-283.19.00

Fax: + 32-2-283.19.50

E-mail: [email protected]

The Council and the European Parliament have given the Commission the power to decide, on the basis of Article 26 (4) of directive 95/46/EC that certain standard contractual clauses offer sufficient safeguards as required by Article 26 (2), that is, they provide adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals and as regards the exercise of the corresponding rights.

• A proposal from the Commission,
  • an opinion of the group of the national data protection commissioners (Article 29 working party)
  • An opinion of the Article 31 Management committee delivered by a qualified majority of Member States.
  • A thirty-day right of scrutiny for the European Parliament, to check if the Commission has used its executing powers correctly. The EP may, if it considers it appropriate, issue a recommendation.
  • The adoption of the decision by the College of Commissioners.

The effect of such a decision is that by incorporating the standard contractual clauses into a contract, personal data can flow from a Data Controller established in any of the fifteen EU MS and three EEA member countries (Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) to a Data Controller established in a country not ensuring an adequate level of data protection. The Commission is in the process of approving standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data to data processors