Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask the original thread starter, after 94000 views and 940 responses, where this thread is going?

I'd like to know that as well. It's all good and well moaning, but something has to be done.

The original poster needs to doing this http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create.html then handing it to the Financial ombudsman.

The OFT are pretty useless.

Reliable Collections Ltd...........after speaking to them and asking for a copy of my signed credit agreement, they sent me two copies of an agreement, one with my details on - which I've never seen before and doesn't have my signature on, the other, exactly the same but in their name signed by somebody at their company.

Their letter states Please find enclosed a reconstituted 'true copy' of your clients credit agreement settling out the terms and conditions to which they agreed when the account was opened along with the current Terms & Condtions.

They say that when responding to a section 78 request, a lender does not have to provide a photocopy or other literal copy of the executed agreement nor provide a copy bearing or some other proof of the customers actual signature.

They are now threatening all sorts of action as I can't afford to pay what they are asking.

Anyone want to comment on this piece of old and VERY bad news

http://www.vrl-financial-news.com/asset-finance/leasing-life/issues/ll-2010/ll-february-2010/cca-breakthrough-for-lessors.aspx

Added later: that article is for lessors( property and lease agreements)...I don't "think" it applies for the circumstances mentioned on here.

Edited by hardboiled
after thought.

Pennine debt recovery, AKA PDRS, AKA Brookdale & Walker Associates. Been ignoring my requests for specific documentation since early 2008. Keep getting threats of legal action, court bailiffs, attachment of earnings etc.:lol: Brookdale & Walker Associates describe themselves as International Debt Recovery Experts, They have a company logo, a kind of an address (no building number). They don't have a telephone number. At the bottom of all thier correspondence they provide PDRS company registration number. I've googled them...nothing, 192...nothing, Thomson Local...nothing, Companies House...not a jot! Who are they? Maybe it's time to throw a spanner in the works and send thier details to Companies House and HMRC! Any thoughts people!!!

DON'T LET THEM GRIND YOU DOWN!!!:nono:

Hi hardboiled, I would have thought that if they were a legitimate company they would be registered with Companies House, but they're not! I find that a little odd!!!!

The fact that I can't find a listing for them anywhere makes me a little suspicious.

hi hardboiled, if you write to them recorded delivery, has the letter arrived and been signed for, at least you would know then if the address existed, also if not limited they will not be listed with company house, only limited companies you will find on there.

attachment of earnings can only be granted by the courts, they cannot just take out of your earnings, and would need your bank details anyway, same with bailiffs, if they are a debt recovery firm write and ask them for their consumer credit licence number, they should supply you this, send anything to them in writing recorded delivery, check with the post office

what address they have, if a box number they used to be able to give you the address, but not sure if they still have this service, you could certainly ask them, look in business directories phone book at the library if you do not have one, hope this is helpful. totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I always post to the address on their headed paper. in my case

BLS Po box 467E, Oxford, OX4 1WA

BUT having read through other related posts they that as their address on paper BUT

main address is

Consumer Debt Recovery Team

Lloyds TSB plc

Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton BN1 3XJ

Supposedly everything is forward

God knows why they do this.

I keep all receipts of postage and copies of all letters sent.

Mackenzie Hall. For 5 years they have been sending me letters on statue barred debts. This morning i got a letter with the "we are trying to contact the above named person on a personal matter" even thought they've been sending letters all this time and I've been replying to them with the statue of limitation act letters. You'd of thought they could at least look at their own records!!! And they will not accept e-mails- i keep getting mine returned!!!

I'd be inclined to read them and if they're no different and you've already responded, send the letter back at their expenses "Return to sender". Don't waste your time,waste theirs.

Emails: They can be used in court which is probably why they wont accept them.

Bloody parasites!!

Yes add ours re Cabot .

had letter from them demanding payment to a Citi Bank Card.

This had already been with a company called Fredricksons who we asked for copies of agreement etc last year, this did not happen

This letter from Cabot was quickly followed by one form "Fire" (one and the same from what we can find out) again demanding payment.

Sent off the £1 fee for copy of agreement which was returned today.

Also despite request for everying thing in writng they have tried to contact us by phone.

What next?

They agree that currently this is "unenforeable" but are tring to insit we contact them to arrange payment!

Cabot - harassing me on my work number and leaving obvious debt collector messages on the answering machine which colleagues could have listened to.

Capquest - threatening to send bailiffs to my house without a court order. Sending a pre-litigation letter with a 4 day notice of intended action which they had no intention of carrying out. Generally trying to intimidate me into establishing telephone contact by using an apparently bogus solicitor's firm (HL Legal) in their communications.

Cabot - harassing me on my work number and leaving obvious debt collector messages on the answering machine which colleagues could have listened to.also trying to obtain information from work colleuges as to my address contact number etc sick tired of them.

Hi gersgirl1690, you should keep the answering machine recordings. These are evidence that they are in breach of the Data Protection Act. Also, when Cabot contact your work colleagues are they telling them that you are in debt and owe them money? Again if this is the case they are divulging personal information to people who have no business knowing it. They are obviously harassing and bullying you. You should report their activities to the police. The police are duty bound to investigate your claims.

I wish to add my name to this thread as I and my heavily pregnant wife are having no end of trouble with CRS. They are unresponsive and bullies in their methods and unlike their title, not open to any kind of resolution!!!

i am certainly happy to name and shame DCA Bryant Carter, who have harrassed my dad for an unpaid Barclays Loan - debt occured due to mis-sold ppi. dad bought cover for serious illness and disability...certainly said on the paperwork he was covered...what Barclays did not do was let my dad know that he would never be able to claim as he was over 65 and self-employed. Barclays were quick to refund money saying should not have sold it...refunded money plus interest ( took refund off Loan balance) however dad still left with loan of 23K which he is not able to repay. he has skin cancer! cant work and is now 76 years old...

case with ombudsman but DCA constantly ringing and sending letters, knocked on door demanding money..despite knowing case with ombudsman and why disputing...after all Dad would have claimed off insurance and Loan would have been paid off had the insurance been valid....

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see all the naming and shaming being collated and referred to the OFT. CapQuest is my foe at the moment, stupid idiots buy an unenforceable debt and then chase me for it, plenty of warnings back and they still carry on with the same tired threats. Muppets.

I wonder if MBNA are the new Enron :roll:

I want to add Robinson Way to the list. Flagrantly flouting OFT guidleines and flatly refusing to deal properly with appointed representatives i.e. solicitors and constantly threatening us directly etc.

oilyrag

I also want to add to the list Triton, they are arrogant and useless, harassing me on the home phone, work phone, mobile and sending constant letters. Watch out for these people, they are backed by RBS and they are nasty.