• Tweets

• If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabot!!!! They have phoned me constantly at all hours asking for my husband. They even continued to phone after I asked them not to and after I told them that my husband was seriously ill and could not speak to them. Very often they would call and put the phone down when I answered.

The last time they phoned I took your advice and warned them about the calls. They said they would write but have failed to do so. I am now going to write to them quoting one of your template letters re phone calls.

Excellent advice from you so far. Thanks

Cabot!!!! They have phoned me constantly at all hours asking for my husband. They even continued to phone after I asked them not to and after I told them that my husband was seriously ill and could not speak to them. Very often they would call and put the phone down when I answered.

The last time they phoned I took your advice and warned them about the calls. They said they would write but have failed to do so. I am now going to write to them quoting one of your template letters re phone calls.

Excellent advice from you so far. Thanks

Poppy - look in the DCA forums - you'll find Cabots have a "special place there" their very own forum - because they are "special" to us.

You'll find there are a few of us taking these charming people to task over their collection methods etc.. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/

You'll find plenty of threads there to read and see what is and has been going on - seahorse, tbern, Debt Mountain and many others in there also dealing with this company - I suggest you spend some time reading in there at the many useful threads and then when you have questions start your own thread and ask questions there are plenty of us over there to help you out.

You won't be on your own over there - lots of people dealing with Cabots.

CCS Enforcement Services Ltd......kept coming to my flat making threats. Knocked at my neighbours asking questions about me....whether I owned a car etc. Leaving letters in the public hallway telling me they were coming to take the contents of my flat. Said if I didn't let them in they would wait and watch until I went out and then break in.

I nearly had a breakdown. I was terrified of leaving he flat at all in case I came back and found it empty.

When I finished paying what I owed, I still had the original company after me for money....saying that I still owed them and had stopped paying. I took all of my proof of payment slips in but they said their computer had to go on the payments passed to them by CCSES and several were never handed over so I effectively paid twice....have never managed to recoup that money from them.

We are fed up of reading the stories about the Dcas who continually flout laws and principles and do not act responsibly.Following all your requests,you are invited to add your user name here together with the dca or firm of baliffs that you wish to complain about.Just add a few lines of your complaint.

Once we have a list we can then get something drafted to launch a bulk complaint to Consumer direct The FSO the others who are required to take up complaints.

Intrum Justitia. Outstanding fee of £21.00 was paid to Ebay on 2 July 2007. Letters from Intrum Justitia dated 3 and 13 July 2007 requesting payment of £30.00+. Advised them cheque sent and they were aware of that but required £8.61 for their involvement. This begs the question why they are demanding £30.00+ when they areaware that £21.00 was paid. Told them they may issue for £8.00 if they want.

We are fed up of reading the stories about the Dcas who continually flout laws and principles and do not act responsibly.Following all your requests,you are invited to add your user name here together with the dca or firm of baliffs that you wish to complain about.Just add a few lines of your complaint.

Once we have a list we can then get something drafted to launch a bulk complaint to Consumer direct The FSO the others who are required to take up complaints.

NCO. Dispute with seller on Ebay who was unhappy with final selling amount and attempted to withdraw from sale. Money awarded but Ebay then sought to recover it but we refused to repay. NCO offered settlement of 75% which was refused. The best move is to return all correspondence in same envelope stating return to sender so that postage is not paid.

RMA!!! They continually harrass me! I have sent them a CCA request by recorded delivery - have had no response, they're time for replying is well and truly up, and yet they still phone me a couple of times a day, they then phone my mothers house at least once a day even though she has told them I do not live there anymore. I sent them a letter to ask them to stop harrassing me, and only communicate with me in writing, sent this by recorded delivery but to no avail!

Yesterday received a postcard from them saying that someone will be calling at my house, even though I am well aware that they are not allowed to do this and told them so in the harrassment letter I sent them.

I will not answer the phone to them as the last telephone conversation I had with them consisted of them being extremely rude to me, to the point I wanted to cry in frustration, and then he told me that I should take out a loan to pay off the debt I supposedly owe them, when I said no, he said I should borrow the money from relatives!

I am going to report them to trading standards.

POPPY07

RMA!!! They continually harrass me! I have sent them a CCA request by recorded delivery - have had no response, they're time for replying is well and truly up, and yet they still phone me a couple of times a day, they then phone my mothers house at least once a day even though she has told them I do not live there anymore. I sent them a letter to ask them to stop harrassing me, and only communicate with me in writing, sent this by recorded delivery but to no avail!

Yesterday received a postcard from them saying that someone will be calling at my house, even though I am well aware that they are not allowed to do this and told them so in the harrassment letter I sent them.

I will not answer the phone to them as the last telephone conversation I had with them consisted of them being extremely rude to me, to the point I wanted to cry in frustration, and then he told me that I should take out a loan to pay off the debt I supposedly owe them, when I said no, he said I should borrow the money from relatives!

Why not issue proceedings against them in the small claims court? Try and put a value on the telephone calls and postage and of course your time. The proceedings will cost £30 which you can claim back. If you are on benefits or a small income you will not have to payanything. Include the person that they claim to be acting for as the First Defendant and the debt agency as the Second Defendant. State in the pleadings that you require confirmation from them that they will not pursue the debt. Both parties will have to travel to your home town for the hearing and they will lose a day off work which they are unable to claim for. They will not bother. They will pay your claim plus costs and interest at 8% from the date the expenses were incurred.

Hello,

What a load of bankers, Be one step ahead next time, be sure to get their name. Maybe trick them out of it by being a bit niave. Then sent them a letter of complaint and threaten court proceedings for harassment. Give them a touch of their own medicine. also sent a letter of complaint to the boss of the dca and report them to oft and ts.:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

LINK FINANCIAL on behalf of MBNA.

We have been paying this debt for nearly 10 yrs, since 1998 when my husband became disabled. The credit card was maxed at time I think at £10,000.00 and we have been paying £15.00/month...I admit we've cocked up a few times, but have always sorted it out, mainly due to the fact they 've terrified me with the threats and harrassment, and I've accepted that, thinking that everything they threatened was true. Thats until early this month, with no payments outstanding they sent a letter

"CREDIT SUBJECT INVESTIGATION on MR ****** ******" (my husband)

it went on:

A recentsearch of a UK Credit Reference Agency database has verified that you are currently using this address for financial transactions which have been reported to the Agency.

We are now making you aware we are going to take formal action against you which could increase the current outstanding balance owed to us by you.

This will also affect your ability to get further credit, phone contract, hinder your career at either your current or prospective employers.

Total O/s £8,348.54

Avoid further cost......blah blah blah....

As you may imagine I went ballistick, my o/h had a total mental breakdown when we lost our business 10 yrs ago, and attempted suicide. He has not been able to function much on any rational level since, let along WORK and if he had read the fact they had done an investigation he would have gone into total meltdown.

I sent a reply written in the fit of my outrage at the time telling them what I thought of their dispicable tactics, but I keepwaiting for the next bombshell to break. Basically as my name implys I 've had enough of all of them I'm emotionally tired. They're all scrounging vultures that circle you when you down and then put the boot in even harder.

Has anybody had similar correspondance or threats? How can they lie so blatantly, or do you think they have done some investigation?

Lastly, I thought I'd frozen interest payments way back when set up payment agreement, so how can we still owe so much........

Anyway I want to report them here......

Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell are also what I class as "vultures" disguised as solicitors/DCA who are always threatening something or other, always full on frontal assault, all guns blazing, quite often over a cock up they've made, but it still means you have to write yet another letter to point out their mistake, then thats not enough they want to speak to you in person, meanwhile they've alraedy sent an even more threatening gem of a letter, and you have to phone or write again to make certain its just crossed in post or something.......its just harrassment and bullying....

LINK FINANCIAL on behalf of MBNA.

We have been paying this debt for nearly 10 yrs, since 1998 when my husband became disabled. The credit card was maxed at time I think at £10,000.00 and we have been paying £15.00/month...I admit we've cocked up a few times, but have always sorted it out, mainly due to the fact they 've terrified me with the threats and harrassment, and I've accepted that, thinking that everything they threatened was true. Thats until early this month, with no payments outstanding they sent a letter

"CREDIT SUBJECT INVESTIGATION on MR ****** ******" (my husband)

it went on:

A recentsearch of a UK Credit Reference Agency database has verified that you are currently using this address for financial transactions which have been reported to the Agency.

We are now making you aware we are going to take formal action against you which could increase the current outstanding balance owed to us by you.

This will also affect your ability to get further credit, phone contract, hinder your career at either your current or prospective employers.

Total O/s £8,348.54

Avoid further cost......blah blah blah....

As you may imagine I went ballistick, my o/h had a total mental breakdown when we lost our business 10 yrs ago, and attempted suicide. He has not been able to function much on any rational level since, let along WORK and if he had read the fact they had done an investigation he would have gone into total meltdown.

I sent a reply written in the fit of my outrage at the time telling them what I thought of their dispicable tactics, but I keepwaiting for the next bombshell to break. Basically as my name implys I 've had enough of all of them I'm emotionally tired. They're all scrounging vultures that circle you when you down and then put the boot in even harder.

Has anybody had similar correspondance or threats? How can they lie so blatantly, or do you think they have done some investigation?

Lastly, I thought I'd frozen interest payments way back when set up payment agreement, so how can we still owe so much........

Anyway I want to report them here......

You need to send MBNA a CCA request it's here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html you need letter N in the list it costs £1. This will get you a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement.

You also need to send a request for a Subject Access Request to them it costs £10 and will get you all the copies of statements, letters and other correspondance held about your accounts etc.. the letter for this is in the Template Library here.

It's a good idea to start a thread of your own in the MBNA section of the forum to allow you to aks all the questions you have etc.. and it will make it easy for people with experience of this company to come and help you.

There are plenty of people here to help you with this :D

Intrim Justicia on behalf of ebay,

DLC on behalf of MBNA which isn't even our debt, they just picked us because we had a "similar name"

A pun is the lowest form of humor -- when you don't think of it first.

-- Oscar Levant

Politicians are wonderful people as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, such as working for a living.

-- P. J. ORourke

Mercers OBO Barclaycard- definitely the worst!! have written them the harrassment letter and they still phone everyday and send threatening letters even when they were in default of the CCA request.

NDR OBO Littlewoods, similar story to above but not as bad

Lewis Group OBO Next, same things, not to the same extent

pinky :p x

NCO dealing on behalf of the Student Loans Company. General harrassment, suggesting that I take out loans to resolve the debt, threatening postcards saying that they will be calling not coming to a reasonable payment schedule.

I really, really, hate a nd despise them

Matt

EQUITA - W*****ers.

Just had a MASSIVE row with them. They have taken more money from my debit card than what was authorised, they told me i owe them a debt (true i am paying an agreed monthly figure) they said by giving my card details i authorised the payment. Told them they took too much, was told i have to write in.

I promise you guys i kept my cool and did not shout...but the stupid bloody woamn kept saying she was going to terminate the call because i was shouting!!!!! So i whispered instead, she then said she does not have to accept that kind of behaviour and hung up!!!!

I should of never had called them....they take money and really do not give a s**t.

At the moment i am shaking with anger, but i will write to them...not that it will do much good!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

these dca's are so infuriating, I would not speak to them on the phone if at all possible, make sure they put everything in writing, I have had similar trouble with WF, who stood on my doorstep phoning me continually! lots of folk on here know how you are feeling, use your anger to good effect and write to them, have a look in the templates section, chin up!

I would check that giving card details comment as I think there are strict rules on what they can keep on record and for how long, try Information Commissioners.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Yaff. why not give your bank a ring and tell them money has been taken from your account without authorisation. I would imagine that if you have confirmation of the amount that is supposed to come out then there shouldn't be a problem; apart from the ham shankers not wanting to repay you.

Yaff Nco did the same to me took £50 more then they should have, They said I had to put it in writing to them which I did of course no response from them. I have reported them to TS but no response as yet.

Also informed my bank not to release any money to NCO as they now have my Account details. :oops:

Yaff. why not give your bank a ring and tell them money has been taken from your account without authorisation. I would imagine that if you have confirmation of the amount that is supposed to come out then there shouldn't be a problem; apart from the ham shankers not wanting to repay you.

I am my own worst enemy sometimes.....i know full well NEVER to phone these people. But on this one occasion i though it could be resolved amicably as an obvious error had been made on thier part. How stupid!!!!

I did think about phoning the bank, but to be honest i have not the energy to go through the whole procedure of trying to get my money back, i will just knock it off next months bill and if they want to argue it then fine. I wont be paying by debit card again thats for sure. They took an extra £19.50. They even had the cheek to say 'it is only £19.50 whats your problem'

what i wanted to know was how they came to that figure. They were supposed to take £59.14 - £78.64 sounds nothing like what i said, it clearly is nothing like the arrangement and i'm not going to accept as a 'slip of the finger'.

God i hate these people, i'm not an angry person but if only i could come face to face with that stupid bi**ch on the phone......

You see one little thing like this means i now have to empty the bank account, inform the bank not to let them take anymore money etc etc.

I just dont have the energy to do this anymore...oh god getting all welled up now.

Its not just equita it is all my creditors. I have them all in hand and am currently having the last laugh, but one set back like this however small, feels massive. If you know what i mean.

Give me a few hours and after i written my letter will feel happier