Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Finance, who are not a dca but use their inhouse collections office, harassing on phone, on doorstep, threatening to take your home, ringing to push up payments to ones you cannot afford, offering new credit while still in arrears, I can go on.

Bailiff - Rossendales, threatening to break in with the police and a locksmith! extortionate fees added. lying when complaint made.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Fully agree with Maybelline, I had a call last night, from a Martin in the Southampton office, banging on at me about not recieving payment, when I challenged as to why he was discussing the matter with me as the debt is in my husbands name, it transpired that he thought he was talking to my sister in law, who by chance has the same name as me.........I now know, how much her loan was for, her monthly payments and when she last made a payment. He didnt do any data protection questions, and slammed the phone down on me when I called him incompetent.................truth hurts.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

I am just putting this on this thread as you may be intrested in something i have rattled up. Correct me if i am wrong. The debt that a bailiff collects and if you have reason to complain the three parties are as follows :

yourself

original instructor(council etc)

bailiff collecting the debt

The company keeps its self clean by passing the blame onto the bailiff collecting. As you must realise. If the bailiff has a complaint against them then the company will do anything to back them as if they loose a bailiff they loose revenue and if they lose revenue then they loose contracts etc.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

do you mean passing the buck, unfortunately that happens in alot of professons when a complaint is made, the person or act complained of is backed up by those who should have been keeping a closer eye on what they were doing because of the implications otherwise, this does not help the process of complaining and only pushes it further on till eventually we end up with mass complaints

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Phone calls.

I can see alot of people are geting phones calls at home. The est way to stop them is to change your number. BT will change your number very quickly and for free. I know its a pain telling everybody your new number bt it will stop the calls. Also go ex-directory. Or ringing you at work or home is harressment and is a criminal offence. Ask in writing for your number to be removed it will take several letters getting stronger each time. Then make a complaint to Trading Standards, they could lose their credit licence.

GE (Formerly First National) now passed to Asset Link who have Link financial dealing with it.

Battleaxe - please keep us informed of when you challenge the contract.

I too wish to challenge mine under the new Unfair Relationships in the cca act with regards to the contract but also the way we were dealt with by them and the actions of those acting for them.

We were in difficulty, we informed them. They refused to deal with company acting on our behalf. We continued to pay monthly an amount we could afford. They served a writ. We offered a monthly repayment. Three days after receving our offer they wrote back and refused it and put a Schedule of inhibition(charging order in Engand) on our house. I went to court where the same amount was offered and was accepted.

and that is just the beginning of how they behave.

I'm disputing the agreement with Link who refuse to discuse my reasons for dispute(have this in letter) and even though in dispute they slapped another schedule of inhibition on us.

I hope they do something to let us get to court as we cannot raise it as an unfair relationship till April 2008 due to cca act but if they do something we could dispute it in court.

Guest Battleaxe
GE (Formerly First National) now passed to Asset Link who have Link financial dealing with it.

Battleaxe - please keep us informed of when you challenge the contract.

I too wish to challenge mine under the new Unfair Relationships in the cca act with regards to the contract but also the way we were dealt with by them and the actions of those acting for them.

I am continuing to pay them to show I have kept our part of the contract, when we go Court this will not be done through small claims as it will be contract law and a completely different kettle of fish. We have the documentation regarding how the contract came to be signed the extenuating circumstances. We are going into court with a QC as an adviser, this is how important it is. It can go either way , so a lot of manouveriung will done before it gets into court, maybe they will sort things to our way before it even gets to court, and if it hits the court room and GE Finanace are found against, it will open the flood gates, this is why we are taking our time and getting all the other stuff out of the way first, because this is going to take a lot of energy. This will not be a DIY job. I have a feeling with th elast heavy fine G E Finanace got they cannot afford bad publicity. All we want is the contract renegotiated with fairer terms and the conditions we thought we were signing up to, not what came back and they think is fait accompli. There will not one late payment on this account, so we will be squeeky clean walking into the court room and G E Finance will the bad guys from the outset.

With them having to deal with a QC from the outset will also have an different impact.

So far it is between G E Finance and us only. I have yet to get them to commit in writing what I was told on the phone, as hearsay can not be used as evidence. So any correspondence I have with them will have to cautiously worded to get the same response as that phone call.

Nothing will be happening before July.

NCO Europe Ltd again T/A RMA

Sent a card to say someone will be visiting and can I ring to confirm if this is not convenient. No one turned up (surprise surprise!).

Have written and phoned them to explain proposing an IVA and stop harrassing me - no response. Typcial DCA behaviour!

Link - Called me at work despite instruction to correspond via mail only, told lies regarding the CCA 74, hassleded me for payments despite not providing a credit agreement, paid £1 for CCA Request toward the alleged debt.

Lowell - Threatened me with legal action

Ruthbridge - Various letters and calls and contact twice from "delivery" companies asking me to call re packages theyve tried to deliver and then asking me to leave my number.

AIC - Allied International Credit - For refusing to negotiate in writing, calling 4 times a day at least, then finally (so far) writing to me via my employers, but conveniently omitting my name from the address so my boss opened it...... Oh did I mention the debt is 8 years old?

Guest Battleaxe
AIC - Allied International Credit - For refusing to negotiate in writing, calling 4 times a day at least, then finally (so far) writing to me via my employers, but conveniently omitting my name from the address so my boss opened it...... Oh did I mention the debt is 8 years old?

The ICO would love this one. Have you started a complaint?

The ICO would love this one. Have you started a complaint?

Slidingash - as Battleaxe says go to Information Commissioner Office and complain there - they shouldn't do anything like write to your employers etc.. that is nasty stuff and way beyond the realms of fairnes. I hope you kept a copy of the letter involved etc..

You say you did a CCA request - you could also do the Subject Access Request (SAR) send the 10 pounds to get any data they hold on you etc.. they have 40 days to comply with that stuff. (letter is in the template library to edit for your own use)

Also you could write and tell them in a letter you are awaiting the SAR/CCA data the account is in dispute and to only contact you by letter (there is a letter that covers harrassment by telephone in the template library) this may stop any further telphone calls where they are harrassing you etc..

Remember to record the delivery of any letters you send etc.. - this way you can prove thet your letters are at least delivered. This way if this company lose and mislay your letters that's their problem not yours - just keep to your own dates etc..

I am sure you would be better to start your own thread outlining this problem etc.. and then we can help you in your relevant thread etc..

All DCA's,

They ride rough shod over everyone. They don't care if you are elderly, vulnerable, or on the edge. They use bullyboy scare tactics, and IMO are the lowest of the low. How can they go home to their families and sleep peacefully at night? I have had dealings in the past with DCA's - but thanks to this site am no longer prepared to sit back and take it. The worm has turned, and I realise thanks to this great site and the support of everyone on here that the DCA's must now stand up be counted. They talk to like you are second class citizens - until they realise they are in the wrong (non compliance of CCA's, Harrassment, verbal abuse, intimidation to name but a few misdeamenors) then they are as nice as pie. Too little too late ......... get them complaints in and continue the naming and shaming .......... robinson Way, Mercers, Mooorcroft, scotcall, Lowell, MY DAY WILL COME!

Lowell financial, harrassing for a debt that was settled in 2001, threatening court action etc. etc. Dreadful company.

That's terrible!!

I'd let them go court with it (they'd have to pay the fee's) Then let them explain to a judge why they are running such a shambles and taking you to court for a debt that doesn't exist!!! :-D:-D:-D

CAN'T SEE ANY JUDGE WOULD BE IMPRESSED WITH SUCH ANTICS!! But it sure would serve them right!!

Mackenzie Hall, for chasing a debt that they ahven't provided any evidence exists, and would be statute barred even if it is mine and does exist, and then informing me I had committed a criminal offence by not providing a forwarding address when I moved out of my Mum's 11 years ago, even though they managed to contact me by sending a letter there!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Capquest - have not provided copy of agreement but threatening with bailiff action with an intimidatory letter full of jargon. have asked again but just repeat action, threats of court action and bailiff. I believe this is a mistake, I settled an account, my credit file shows this.

Philips bailiffs hand delivering threats that they cant possibly enforce.

Direct Auto Finance/Golds Solicitors continually phoning my Husband when put in writing he is suffering from cancer and to contact me with enquiries.

Assett Link threat after threat after threat. It goes on and on.

Thames Credit when told cant pay any monies(dont know what debt is for) as out of work recovering from cancer, caller asked 'well what you living on?

Philips bailiffs hand delivering threats that they cant possibly enforce.

Direct Auto Finance/Golds Solicitors continually phoning my Husband when put in writing he is suffering from cancer and to contact me with enquiries.

Assett Link threat after threat after threat. It goes on and on.

Thames Credit when told cant pay any monies(dont know what debt is for) as out of work recovering from cancer, caller asked 'well what you living on?

Sorry, I had to respond to this, your husband is suffering from cancer and you are getting all this grief? I have been there (not husband, but Mum and several other immediate family members at the same time) and I know how awful it is to be going through the treatment etc etc. Have you contacted the Consumer Credit Counselling Service? Do you have threads on here for the debts? Could you PM me if you do. I would like to help. Just the very mention of the C word sends me into a frenzy, you're not alone and thank God for them that they can be this evil and not have to contend with the very worst of diseases.:mad:

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.