Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome finance - ringing several times a day, telling my employers, family, referees I am in debt, behind with payments, etc. General harrassment. Continuing to phone me on a work number when I told them I could not accept calls at work several times, looking v bad in front of my employer.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was late with a payment and sent them twice as much the next month.

They have now wrote to me 2 weeks after paying them saying i have to pay the total money now as i have broke my agreement.

They sent me no correspondence for paying late and accepted my £60 two monthly payment.

Now they have sent me a letter through their made up solicitors HL legal saying that Scotscall will be comng to my door to collect payments.

I telephoned Capquest and told them I would be writing a fomal letter asking for them to send me my original CCA and a deed of assignment.

The person at Capquest said as I have been paying them they do not need to send anything as i have acknowledged the debt.

I just watched CEO of Aktiv Kapital give out the financial details of Q3 2006. In his presentation, he said that AK had bought 2.1 BILLION worth of debts (Norweigan Krona) for just 176 million (NOK) !! Feck,,,least we now how much they pay for a debt...that's less than 10%!!!

login

Just hate every DCA out there

NCO - ringing me with a husky 'devil' whisper which means you can't make out a word, so ring 14713 to see who it was - giving all your details when they ask who you are! Doesn't seem to matter that they have the wrong person and can't find me in their systems. They still give me the occassional - slightly disturbing - call!

Also, Halifax collectors Counselling Intermediary Services (CIS). They don't send the information I ask for and am entitled to and keep sending me forms to complete my income and expenditure on - despite not having the right to ask for this information. Before I found this site, I did offer them an amount (what I could afford) and they refused - saying it wasn't enough.

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Guest Battleaxe

Oh heck, I feel sorry for Fred Bloggs at Yahoo.com, no I don't really.

Very interesting viewing

BTW Ken Maynard is a cartoonist, he's a very old man. He created the Ettamogah Pub, buut you have to be an Australian to know what I am talking about.

Guest Battleaxe

Aktiv Kapitol will wonder abut the email addresses if they are selling them as a side line.

Very interesting veiwing

Ken Maynard? I wonder how many there are out there?

Mr Seahorse you might have started something, because I also signed in as Ken Maynard, but gave Fred bloggs@ Yahoo .com as the addy.

Aye, Cabot did that to me, but at home. "Just to confirm some security details." Aye, right. Then asked me to hold on for a customer advisor. Customer??? HAHAHAHAHA. Put phone down, did a Google for their name, and found them mentioned in goodness knows how many pages of this site. If I hadn't checked up and found out from tis site what they are up to, I might have been paying them for a debt I don't owe. It's frighteneing to think how many vulnerable, and perhaps not so vulnerable, people might fall for their scare and bully boy tactics.

Seahorse

Cabot AGAIN. Mr Maynard not being able to read or understand that my CCA clearly stated that I do not acknowledge any debt, and would be seeking clarification from Barclaycard as to whether a debt exists or not.

Shall we all club together to send him to specsavers?

Seahorse

Guest The Terminator
Cabot AGAIN. Mr Maynard not being able to read or understand that my CCA clearly stated that I do not acknowledge any debt, and would be seeking clarification from Barclaycard as to whether a debt exists or not.

Shall we all club together to send him to specsavers?

Seahorse

Or send him to early learning classes :D

LOWELL FINANCE

They told me that even though I sent my financial statement, i had to give them all the information off the top of my head over the phone or they wouldn't deal with my query.

I told them I had to cancel my direct debit and they told me that they refuse to cancel it on their part and will keep setting it up. I had to contact my branch manager for advise.

Asking me when my mortgage was due, i said 1st of each month. I actually rent my property. I was told I had to remortgage my home just to pay the £190 owing to them as I had equity in it and also had to get rid of our car as it was on finance.

I told them I was in bad health and they said they weren't interested in this. They are refusing to deal with me and say that I can afford more than I have offered despite having a negative disposable income.

I feel really suicidal

Global Vantedge acting for MBNA, ignoring all statuatory legislation, continual telephone calls even when police where investigating complaint for breach of Telecomms Act.

I have them ringing 2 or 3 times a day and stating intention to do so more and more often. calling themselves "GVI" and pretending to be working on behalf of alliance and leicester. Maybe they mean MBNA but they are still harassing me and upsetting my wife.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

Hi all!

Where do I start?

1.1st Credit hassled regarding disputed debt with Humpty Dumpty.Since then the debt has been sold,challenged and not a murmur just over 2months -over £10k! - PPI + UNLAWFUL CHARGES.

2.1st Credit not complying with the CCA request - againfor Humpty Dumpty.

By the way I got rid of 1st Credit by swearing on them really badly(lol!) then switching off the phone! It was either that or going mad.

3.Agent for MBNA in downtown Bombay or wherever in India phoning me upto 80 times(yes 80!) a week including Sunday.This only ended when I wrote to MBNA's CEO.Also,letters stating that they could do all sorts where in fact they couldn't.

4.Link Financial not accepting token payments.

5.Mercers not accepting token payments for Barclaycard.

6.Bank of Scotland - similar to MBNA phoning non stop(probably 6 times a day)and only stopped when I threatened to sue for harassment etc.If I remember correctly it was Bank of Scotland collections and not a DCA on behalf of Bank of Scotland.

7.Hillesden chasing me for supposed purchased debt from citi and adding extortionate interest saying that they could come to my house and remove my belongings without any court order.I just laughed at them and told them to go back to law school or get better inhouse training.

Never received the deed of assignment and this is over several months now.

8.Moorcroft - CCA non compliance but never heard from them again!

FROM MY EXPERIENCE...

The worst culprits for hiring more than one debt collector at the same time are:

1.MBNA

2.Humpty Dumpty

Also,it got so bad that I had to change my landline number and buy another mobile phone.

There are more but this should be enough to start with.

Let's kick some DCA a**!

LOWELL FINANCE

They told me that even though I sent my financial statement, i had to give them all the information off the top of my head over the phone or they wouldn't deal with my query.

I told them I had to cancel my direct debit and they told me that they refuse to cancel it on their part and will keep setting it up. I had to contact my branch manager for advise.

Asking me when my mortgage was due, i said 1st of each month. I actually rent my property. I was told I had to remortgage my home just to pay the £190 owing to them as I had equity in it and also had to get rid of our car as it was on finance.

I told them I was in bad health and they said they weren't interested in this. They are refusing to deal with me and say that I can afford more than I have offered despite having a negative disposable income.

I feel really suicidal

Please PM me if you would like help drafting a letter to these people. They think they can breach good practice guidelines over the phone with impunity and you need to keep all of your dealings with them in writing.

Don't let them get you down, there is nothing that can't get sorted out by being firm with these people.

Sarah

Guest Battleaxe

DizzyDeeDee,

Never tell them you own your own home. They will try to get a charge on it. I see you rent, this is what you should have told them. Sarah will guide you. They are acting outside the guidlines. Keep all dealings in writing. never, ever talk to them on the phone.

There are a lot of here who have experience in dealing with these shysters, so just yell and someone will come running.

Soft hugs.

DizzyDeeDee,

Never tell them you own your own home. They will try to get a charge on it. I see you rent, this is what you should have told them. Sarah will guide you. They are acting outside the guidlines. Keep all dealings in writing. never, ever talk to them on the phone.

There are a lot of here who have experience in dealing with these shysters, so just yell and someone will come running.

Soft hugs.

For anyone else who is reading, I agree with Battleaxe... never tell DCAs that you own a property. Outgoings for this can be listed as "housing costs" under any income/expenditure breakdown... which leaves them none the wiser and means you are not lying either.

:)

Oh dear what have I done I feel such an idiot now, I thought they might have been understanding I NOW KNOW BETTER

This is a copy of the letter I sent to G E Money regarding 1 month late payment on a secured loan, they wrote asking for a copy of the House Sale details. which they now have on file.

I have now withdrawn the house sale, as I am just managing to keep my head above water but still own 1 payment.

Dear Mr Vernon

Account No xxxxxxx

Re your letter of the 21st June. I have enclosed a copy of the for sale brochure as requested, however, the house has only been on the market for 3 weeks so we can not at this stage give you a completion or an exchange date. We have not had a firm offer as yet. We will of course keep you informed of the progress, and also solicitor details as requested. as soon as possible.

I will be able to make a payment to you for £513 45 on 16th of July and will do this by debit card on the phone to you on that date, I have cancelled the direct debit mandate for a short period as we are also changing our bank. Please do not put any DD through as we are incurring charges, this allows us to handle priority debts such as yours more satisfactory.

We would be extremely grateful if you could consider freezing interest and charges during this difficult financial period to enable us to pay all the monies owing to you, once the house is sold, if this is not the case it will make it very difficult for us to pay every one.

We do hope that under the circumstances you would give this your urgent consideration as we take our debt very seriously with you, and are really trying to get back on track as quickly as possible.

I hope that this meets with your approval, and look forward to your very earliest reply

Yours sincerely

Guest Battleaxe

I suppose if GE have the loan secured by your home, they have right to know what is happening. They are one of the worst companies to deal with and knowing their security is being sold puts a different perspective on things.

I haven't started with Ge yet, once I get the banks out of the way it will be GE's turn. I haven't got any payment problems with them, just their contract and this is going to be challenged in Court as they have written and said tough luck, you signed, we own your soul. They have forgotten the fact, what we thought we signed and we have are two different things and we certainly did not apply for a home loan, but this what the contract we have is. Even our new bank want to talk to us about this one and reckon they can do far better, but just at the moment I am not ready to step out of the frying pan and into a 'maybe' fire.

This is not a secured loan.

mercers - asked them to stop bombarding me with calls and was told 'we will not stop calling until an arrangement has been made'. I told them this was illegal and they didn't listen until I reported them to OFT and Trading Standards. (Although the calls, neither OFT or TS was THAT interested in helping).