Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HFO - Chasing an allegded debt from Three, I disputed thsi and sent them my CRA reports showing the account they refered to had been settled. Everytime they phoned they were clueless and lied and lied untill I started questioning them when they admitted they were wrong and aplogised and usually passed me onto another muppet.

I have had Moorcroft, AIC, EOS, Intrum Justicia, Roxburghe and Blair Oliver and Scott all chased whilst accounts were formally noted as in dispute following CCA requests to NWB, HBoS and Next.

I am confused with all the initials never was much good at shorthand

can you clarify please

Exit 3

HFO - Chasing an allegded debt from Three, I disputed thsi and sent them my CRA reports showing the account they refered to had been settled. Everytime they phoned they were clueless and lied and lied untill I started questioning them when they admitted they were wrong and aplogised and usually passed me onto another muppet.

Passing people on to another muppet ,as you so aptly call it is all part of the game . Back to my novice golfer, this time wearing a silly hat with a spike on top with a carousel ( to judge which way the wind blows) now just give them a pair of goofy glasses, and you have the apparent dumbo.

Do not be fooled my friend , they may to may not have and original idea in their heads, they may just read a report saying, you are in the wrong industry according to Jo Bloggs, that great authority, and off with your head, we want you and everything about you off our books .

This apparent incompentence of passing you round from one muppet to the next is all part of the debt collecting, and there is nothing "goofy" about it at all ,just sheer vicious debt collecting techniques intended to create the maximum of distress. There is a fair chance that the same muppet might be behind the whole thing which makes it even worse!

However as the aggrieved party, and to get out of the bunker you might have to contact several muppets in the organisation just to get yourself of heard, or have a chance of reaching the putting green! Once they all put their heads together you probably find yourslef in the hole and have to fight to get out again.

In Parliament it was alluded as there should be better communication between the various bodies CRA, data controllers , those in charge of CCA requests etc , but the passing on from muppet to muppet is to give them the opportunity to get you first.

It must be made clear to the Minister that this is a way of controlling the debtor -(psychology of debt for the creditors point of view?) - and that if any measures are taken ,then they must include :

if muppets, organisations DCA banks etc ,who do not communicate ,and do not have all the information to hand ,when alleged debtor enquires should amount to harrrassment and it probably does already . It certainly is unfair practice

Should all information be passed to the Data Controller and appropriate modification of the act made _ is this the answer? may not the Australian route , the FO and or OFT issues a writ backed by the FSA a sort of single representative of all three ? Is that a good idea

The worrying point is that banks , may expand their own recovery departments to avoid the bad publicity from the use of DCA.

6 figures fine splease otherwise it will just another attempt to humour the public.

Exit 3

Intrum Justitia

These people think they can do and say anything they want and we have hand over our cash.

We have been harassed, threatened, provoked, insulted and generally given nothing but bull**** for weeks.

What is the legal system doing to protect the public in their own homes from these vultures ?

Lowell Finance and Hamptons

Lowell make constant mistakes and threats, are chasing debts of over 7 years old and Hamptons, who i believe are lowells solicitors, have started demanding payment of a 3G debt that i have just finished paying to Lowells! Same account number but for a completely different amount. They are taking me to court for £37 for a t mobile debt that is 7 years old.

Intrum Justitia

These people think they can do and say anything they want and we have hand over our cash.

We have been harassed, threatened, provoked, insulted and generally given nothing but bull**** for weeks.

What is the legal system doing to protect the public in their own homes from these vultures ?

It is ineffectual and under funded and needs more support from government with better interdisciplinary action from all the bodies avaialable, FO, FSA, IOS, and the OFT

All information gathered by these organistation in a complainants case should be collated to create a single writ against the offending company or bank. They should all be working much closer together and the goverment must provide better funding. Also assistance should be given to complainants to prepare their file cases so that their chances of success would better, and it would assist in deciding their vialbility. It would also help the overworked organisations to have case studies ready for quicker expedition and because of disparate activities of each body, yet the nature of the complainants complaint could fall within the remit of each , the banks and DCA take advantage of the system. They provide woolly unsastisfactoty answers as final Response go to the Financial Ombusdam, knowing full well that it will take a long time . THE FO acts but leaves the institution to offend again. We are pinheads in the scheme of things but with some thought , a careful reorganisation of financial consumer affairs could be a move to a change culture and make sure everyone plays straight. The risk of non compliance would perhaps be a more realistic reality.

Any thoughts on this ?

Exit 3

It is ineffectual and under funded and needs more support from government with better interdisciplinary action from all the bodies avaialable, FO, FSA, IOS, and the OFT

All information gathered by these organistation in a complainants case should be collated to create a single writ against the offending company or bank. They should all be working much closer together and the goverment must provide better funding. Also assistance should be given to complainants to prepare their file cases so that their chances of success would better, and it would assist in deciding their vialbility. It would also help the overworked organisations to have case studies ready for quicker expedition and because of disparate activities of each body, yet the nature of the complainants complaint could fall within the remit of each , the banks and DCA take advantage of the system. They provide woolly unsastisfactoty answers as final Response go to the Financial Ombusdam, knowing full well that it will take a long time . THE FO acts but leaves the institution to offend again. We are pinheads in the scheme of things but with some thought , a careful reorganisation of financial consumer affairs could be a move to a change culture and make sure everyone plays straight. The risk of non compliance would perhaps be a more realistic reality.

Any thoughts on this ?

Exit 3

If a cafe is found to have a dirty kitchen a health inspector can close it down at once until it meets the required levels of cleanliness the DCA's need to be regulated along the same lines.

Their filth is a bigger risk to public health. !

Once a DCA has a certain number of phone harassment complaints made against them they should have their phone conversations monitered and recorded for a set period of time. If they are doing nothing wrong what objections could they have. !

Agree, but once the monitoring is finished they will start again, and it should not just restricted to conversations ( see examples below) nor to DCA, it has also to be applicable the debt collecting department of banks where the individuals working there should be individualy licenced so that they would be subject to the same rules. If they break professional standards, they lose their jobs and licence. All DCA employees should also pass exams to give them the licence status at employee level. If they fail to meet professional standards, they also their jobs. The management would also run the risk of losing the licence for the busines and , may be, should only be given a number of lives. They would also have to cease trading in the field for a statutory time and neither the management or the employees who are in breach could re- apply to be employed elsewhere in the field , for example for five years, just a suggestion? Rather draconian but it takes seven years to change attitudes and in this economic climate the people cannot wait that long.

In banks calls are recorded and the customer should be able to apply for transcipt and the authorities allowed to hear the recording with the customers permission . Just a thought

Matters should not be restricted to telephone conversations.

The harrassment does not stop there but by exercising debt collecting tecniques like for example , telling you have an overdraft facility and then you do not have it , by creating situation by devious means so that if you are off guard , a default position is created, is also harrassment of different kind, You are then you are passed round to different "muppets" and then bingo they pull a fast one like a default notice It is all part of the game of unfair practices of debt collecting.

exit 3

Edited by exit3
spelling additions and clarity

Speaking of 'off guard' Marlins favourite tactic is to give you as little information as possible...ask for twice as much as you can afford knowing full well you can't pay that amount then try and secure the debt as quick as possible with a charging order...they seem to time their court orders at just around Chrismas when your mind is elsewhere and they use Northampton Bulk so they don't have to supply relevant docs to support their case!

Edited by Spamalot
Typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Agree, but once the monitoring is finished they will start again, and it should not just restricted to conversations ( see examples below) nor to DCA, it has also to be applicable the debt collecting department of banks where the individuals working there should be individualy licenced so that they would be subject to the same rules. If they break professional standards, they lose their jobs and licence. All DCA employees should also pass exams to give them the licence status at employee level. If they fail to meet professional standards, they also their jobs. The management would also run the risk of losing the licence for the busines and , may be, should only be given a number of lives. They would also have to cease trading in the field for a statutory time and neither the management or the employees who are in breach could re- apply to be employed elsewhere in the field , for example for five years, just a suggestion? Rather draconian but it takes seven years to change attitudes and in this economic climate the people cannot wait that long.

In banks calls are recorded and the customer should be able to apply for transcipt and the authorities allowed to hear the recording with the customers permission . Just a thought

Matters should not be restricted to telephone conversations.

The harrassment does not stop there but by exercising debt collecting tecniques like for example , telling you have an overdraft facility and then you do not have it , by creating situation by devious means so that if you are off guard , a default position is created, is also harrassment of different kind, You are then you are passed round to different "muppets" and then bingo they pull a fast one like a default notice It is all part of the game of unfair practices of debt collecting.

exit 3

Good ideas.!

But the dca reps i have had dealings with sound like the 11 plus exam would be serious challenge !.

:D

Speaking of 'off guard' Marlins favourite tactic is to give you as little information as possible...ask for twice as much as you can afford knowing full well you can't pay that amount then try and secure the debt as quick as possible with a charging order...they seem to time their court orders at just around Chrismas when your mind is elsewhere and they use Northampton Bulk so they don't have to supply relevant docs to support their case!

Par for the course. check the landl registry as charging orders have changed

Exit 3

Good ideas.!

But the dca reps i have had dealings with sound like the 11 plus exam would be serious challenge !.

:D

some of them are not the brightest on the block, I do wonder where they find them , but nevertheless we need to raise standards

Exit 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this mass complaint is still going.

NDR - no notice of reassignement Moorcroft, harrassment, unfair trading in that I received demand, threat of litigation etc. in letter close to each others date. One instance demand for payment was 5 days from earlier demand

Moorcroft Debt Recovery - As above but with incorrect layout & info in letters e.g illegible statments (black writing on very dark grey background) demands for payment in full on two separate occasions; passed details to MidasLegal Services who issued a litigation warning before passing it back to moorcroft, also no notice of reassignment from them to Debt Managers

Debt Managers - harrassment, frequency of letters, threat of doorstep rep who turned up without prior arrangement, demands for payment in full, threats to take court action, no notice of reassignment to Russel & Aitkin

Russle & Aitkin, - undue stress, intimidation etc due to letter received giving advance warning of county court claim that never happened, also sent correspondence during time Debt Managers were dealing with the account, no notice of reassignment to PIB

PIB (Parkgate Investigation bureau) - 3 letters within the space of 21 days - all stating they have taken over the account, 1 includes offer of smaller payments, no notice of reassignment Fredrickson International

Fredrickson International - requesting debt on behalf of Phoenix Recoveries (UK) S.a.r.l (?) never heard of them and havent received anything from them to explain who phoenix are etc., demand for payment in full payment, frequency of letters, Confirmed Resident Card showing personal details about debt as card did not arrive in an envelope & threatened litigation, also quoting Phoenix letter to Bryan Carter without notice, no notice of reassignment to Bryan Carter

Bryan Carter - harrassemtn & undue stress etc caused by letter stating court proceedings will be issued 3rd April 2009 which was never carried out

Next - incorrect notice regarding reassignment (didnt state which agency they were going to use)

Roxburgh - undue stress & anxiety etc., Formal demand claiming clients have not received legitimate reason for debt (next were informed on several occasions and even wrote a letter agreeing to my proposal), Frequency of letters, letter giving 72 hours notice, no notice of reassignment to yes, those wonderful people at moorcroft

Moorcroft - frequency of letters (3 received within the space of 21 days),

letter stating claim form and accompanying documentation was being sent as part of their preparations to issue legal proceedings, threat of bailiffs, attachement of earnings, app for charging order for property (I live in a council house!) and and application for me to attend court for questioning - the wording of the last sentence sounds more like it is related to a police interrogation! No notice of reassignment to Graham White

Graham White, letter stating recent changes in law regarding both parties but not quoting what that change is.

Phew!

There are a few more in relation to other companies but Im worn out just listing this lot. I notice may co's use the same DCA's so apologies if there are repeats.

If I find any new ones and this mass complaint is still going Ill list them

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

Also to add - BLS Collections for Lloyds TSB: daily and twice daily phone calls from muppets who didn't have a clue about the accounts, kept me hanging on by switching on music even when I was talking etc etc - even when I told them to read the correspondence because I'd paid a full and final and they were in breach of my request for true copies of CCAs and I'm chronically sick, don't want phone calls and respond quickly to correspondence. I told his boss he was vicariously liable for the harassment!

Hello to you all,

You can also add Blair, Oliver and Scott Ltd, EOS Solutions UK Plc,Iqor Recovery Services Ltd and Incasso LLP to the list and Sainsbury's Bank Plc- (HBOS), not one of the above-mentioned companies complied with any of the debt collection guidelines given by the OFT.

The title "guidelines" needs to be changed to The Debt Collection Act, and all of these types of companies need to be brought under the control of the laws of this England.

Their behavior is unacceptable, their methods are unlawful, this area needs to become legislation so as to protect those of us who have suffered from being subjected to such unlawful treatment.

A clear visible line must be drawn to legally enforce these companies to have procedures in place whereby a distinction can be made between "Bad debtors" and debtors who suffer from genuine, factual and unforseeable circumstances. (In my case, the cursed and critical disease affecting my wife, a disease to which there is no cure and my wife's health rapidly deteriorates).

The critical illness of my wife brought about a major financial crisis for us to deal with, we received no assistance from Sainsbury's Bank, they were unhelpfull, unsympathectic, unreasonable, unfair, heavyhanded and deceitful towards us.

All of the above-mentioned companies pursued a course of conduct against us which is against legislation, many laws were broken by them and I am having a hard time trying to find an officer of the law (Solicitor)

who is willing to stand next to me in court and bring these companies to book, the battle for justice is extremely difficult, and it should not be.

Many thanks

The Mould.

Good afternoon

Why not go it alone ??? - we are all here to help you, and I am certain someone may even come along to 'stand beside you' to battle these people and teach them that the law is to be obeyed.

You have our unwavering support, and I am sure I speak for all caggers....

Best wishes

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 2 weeks later...

Shoosmiths - bunch of totally incompetent idiots,

I have sent them both the DCA Letters regarding an account with NatWest and they have written back saying

"Upon further review of the case notes that assist in the intepretation of this Act it further states that once the the default of the Bank, in providing a copy of the Loan Agreement has ceased, the same becomes enforceable again"

Can anyone tell me what this means or are they suggesting that the DCA letters are a load of rubbish

HELP

:x

I think they are saying that once the bank provides the agreement, even if they are out of time, then the bar on enforcement is lifted. I don't know if that is actually correct but it would seem reasonable.

Shoosmiths - bunch of totally incompetent idiots,

I have sent them both the DCA Letters regarding an account with NatWest and they have written back saying

"Upon further review of the case notes that assist in the intepretation of this Act it further states that once the the default of the Bank, in providing a copy of the Loan Agreement has ceased, the same becomes enforceable again"

Can anyone tell me what this means or are they suggesting that the DCA letters are a load of rubbish

HELP

:x

i dont know why we dont just bring harrassment charges against the directors of the banks i wrote to each director and lord involved with barclays and reminded them that i shall personally use the charges of harrassment against them in person this was to include them and their agents as beanresponsible and they shall face court action the harrassment stopped within 3 /4days

the barclay crew to go for

Rt Hon Lord Ashton of Hyde OFFICER

Rt Hon Lord Camoys OFFICER

Rt Hon Nigel Lawson OFFICER

Sandra June Noble Dawson OFFICER

Shijuro Ogata OFFICER

Sir Brian Garton Jenkins OFFICER

Sir Charles Hugh Willis Troughton OFFICER

Sir Charles Tidbury DL OFFICER

Sir David Aubrey Scott OFFICER

Sir Denys Hartley Henderson OFFICER

Sir Derek Birkin OFFICER

Sir Douglas Wass OFFICER

Sir George Sidney Bishop OFFICER

Sir George Vernon Kennedy Burton OFFICER

Sir Gerald Nigel Mobbs OFFICER

Sir Henry Ernest Marking OFFICER

Sir James Douglas Spooner OFFICER

Sir James Spooner OFFICER

Sir John Derek Birkin OFFICER

Sir John Grand Quinton OFFICER

Sir John Norris Nicholson OFFICER

Sir Martin Wakefield Jacomb OFFICER

Sir Michael David Milroy Franklin OFFICER

Sir Nigel Mobbs OFFICER

Sir Peter Edward Middleton OFFICER

Sir Richard Thorn Pease OFFICER

Sir Roderick Edward Barclay OFFICER

Sir Ronald Lindsay Prain OFFICER

Sir Thomas Neilson Risk OFFICER

Stephen George Russell OFFICER

The Hon Robert Charles Reneke Hoyer Millar OFFICER

The Hon Seymour Henry Fortescue OFFICER

The Right Hon Lord Lawson Of Blaby OFFICER

The Right Hon The Lord Lawson of Blaby P.C. OFFICER

The Rt Hon J M L Prior OFFICER

The Rt Hon Lord Prior Pc OFFICER

Apex Discovery Solutions - Sending a letter addressed to 'occupier' which just says 'We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter and we have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject"...

demanding that the "occupier" call them "immediately" (which is bold and underlined) regarding me, why can't they just send me a letter?

It's a major psychological scare tactic, and it has upset my landlady. Will be complaining to trading standards and the OFT immediately.