Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G.A.I.N ??

Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition?

Graphic Arts Information Network?

LOL

no it's the " gone away information network "

although i havent gone away and am still at the same address as i have been for years

If that is written in a letter I suggest you pass it on to trading standards, OFT and FSA

yes i have it in writing

Here are the exact words writtn in the letter;

EVASIVE DEBTOR

We have been instructed by Littlewoods Finance Company Ltd to collect your overdue debt of £ ******

The debt was transferred to us because our client has been unable to contact you . Therefore we are treating you as an EVASIVE debtor.

Where we have good grounds to suspect serious misuse in relation to the conduct of an account, it is normal practice to share this information with other financial and commercial organisations. Therefore we intent to record information about you with GAIN the Gone Away Information Network.

A GONE AWAY REGISTRATION FEE of £12 has been added to your account

We will refund this £12 to your account if you provide NDR with a contact number and set up a payment plan to clear your arrears.

call us on 0870 600 7070

They have been able to contact me because i have been in contact with them constantly since i asked for my cca in may 2008

Edited by skegleg

That is way out of order. There is no requirement for you to provide them with a telephone number so they can harass you further. A GAIN notice on your credit file is even worse than a default. You need to respond to this as strongly as possible and report them to everyone:mad:

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

That is way out of order. There is no requirement for you to provide them with a telephone number so they can harass you further. A GAIN notice on your credit file is even worse than a default. You need to respond to this as strongly as possible and report them to everyone:mad:

Thank you so much for your reply Goldlady

i have written to them, they have not replied to my letter, they ignore everything you write .

After i sent letter i received a default notice :mad:

the reason they havent got my phone number is because Littlewoods were harrassing me with calls and silent calls so i insisted they remove my phone number .

Good afternoon everyone,

Is it not time for these unscrupulous DCAs and the like to be finally dealt with?

Their actions are all illegal - need I say more. Any such licence in connection with their so called 'industry', (see English Dictionary for proper definition of this word) MUST be revoked and prosecution action MUST be taken by the proper authorities against them - NOT NEXT WEEK, NOT TOMORROW, BUT NOW!!!

Let's get the ball rolling.......pass the details of each and every one of these offences to every enforcement organisation we can.....and keep on doing so until finally justice is done for the consumer!!

I for one have had enough of these bullying tactics and I say NO MORE!

My sincere good wishes to all of my friends and colleagues

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Dougal,

This thread is putting some bits together:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/175651-complaints-about-fos.html#post1896353

It was suggested on there that it all goes to Watchdog to see if any public airing of the problems could help. But perhaps if we get enough responses we could look at starting a petition on the No 10 website:-

Introduction to e-petitions | Number10.gov.uk

should we contact G Brown who seem to be telling us one thing and his banks and companies are doing the other. what do you think GUYS.

he prob like dca's and alike and simply ignore you. as of yet I have found NO bods ie fos, ico make the banks of which are COMPANIES/BUSINESS NOT law makers to comply with thier legal obligations and comply with the Law.

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

he prob like dca's and alike and simply ignore you. as of yet I have found NO bods ie fos, Information Commissioners Office make the banks of which are COMPANIES/BUSINESS NOT law makers to comply with thier legal obligations and comply with the Law.

see post 656 & 657 above

AIC have to be the worst of the lot - or equal worst at the very least.

They were instructed to chase me in October by Amex. The first call - won't name him in case it causes problems for the site- left me completely devastated, in utter despair, and I was seriously contemplating suicide later that night. In fact I left two absolutely hysterical messages on their ansaphone that night begging for more time. When they called the next day they denied ever getting them. I had offered them about 10% of what they were demanding - every penny I had - and they refused and said £9,000 or nothing, or they would start court proceedings, get charge on house, repossession order, etc.

I called FSA who told me to call CCCS who immediately gave me a reference number to quote to AIC who then backed off. They did make a couple of other calls saying that Amex would work with me, give me time, etc., but then I discovered this site, and just knowing I wasn't alone has given me so much courage. I knew they must be doing exactly the same to other people like me, but how did I contact them?

I cannot believe that there are such horrible people as the lot at AIC. I dread to think how many people have been driven to despair by their tactics. I don't think they care at all how much misery they cause. I seriously couldn't sleep at night if I worked there.

DD

Moorcroft 'acting on behalf' of Argos/Home Retail Group

They kept ringing me after Argos defaulted me for not paying an agreed arrangement when in fact I had been paying by standing order and HRG telephone advisor had given me the wrong account number to pay to.

Every day for a month Moorcroft rang me and asked for security data to which I replied What is it in connection with. their reply was we cannot disclose that information without first taking security data to prove I was the person they wanted to speak to at which point I always replied. I will not give you my data until you can tell me what it is regarding. Send me a letter.

I never got a letter and I dealt directly with Argos r.e. informing them the dates of the payments. Then in Decmeber I got the 'notice of intended litigation' letter from Moorcroft so I rang Argos who said they could not deal with me as the account was not theirs it was now moorcrofts. So now having confirmation of who Moorcroft were I rang them and they say the account is not theirs it is Argos' and they are dealing with the debt on behalf of Argos.

I am not debating with them wether the debt is owed or not as I am quite happy to pay what I owe and paid them £50.

Can I get the debt transferred back to Argos and get the incorrectly applied default removed? I would rather deal with them than a DCA.

AC

Intrum Justitia on behalf of Royal bank - have not supplied signed cca just aplication form saying thats all the proof they need CAN SOMEBODY SUGGEST ANY LETTER I CAN THROW BACK AT THEM - constantly calling all hours of day and night on saturday and sunday,

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 78.

I am pleased to see that you confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by ourselves on the (date).

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act and is therefore unenforceable under section 127(3) of the same act.

As this is the case I will of course be making no further payments on this agreement, any further action on your part to enforce will be vigorously contested.

Please note you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies including any defaults. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’, you must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

I shall also be considering further action to recover unlawfully applied interest and charges that have been levied on the “Agreement”.

An old letter but I think it still works.

BANK CHARGES

Others

I shall also be considering further action to recover unlawfully applied interest and charges that have been levied on the “Agreement”.

So you're saying that without a valid credit agreement the card company technically never had any right to apply interest, so you could claim it all back??

Yes. In most cases this means that the outstanding balance is interest and they can do diddley squat to claim it - there were a few people on here who tried to get their interest back but I don't know of anyone who actually succeeded in doing so.

BANK CHARGES

Others

yes i have it in writing

Here are the exact words writtn in the letter;

EVASIVE DEBTOR

We have been instructed by Littlewoods Finance Company Ltd to collect your overdue debt of £ ******

The debt was transferred to us because our client has been unable to contact you . Therefore we are treating you as an EVASIVE debtor.

Where we have good grounds to suspect serious misuse in relation to the conduct of an account, it is normal practice to share this information with other financial and commercial organisations. Therefore we intent to record information about you with GAIN the Gone Away Information Network.

A GONE AWAY REGISTRATION FEE of £12 has been added to your account

We will refund this £12 to your account if you provide NDR with a contact number and set up a payment plan to clear your arrears.

call us on 0870 600 7070

They have been able to contact me because i have been in contact with them constantly since i asked for my cca in may 2008

Just a thought

could or would this letter off NDR/Littlewoods be classed as harassment,or anything else for that matter just asking cos i want to report them but dont know what i could class it as.

thanks in advance x

Westcott Credit Services and a Debt I have never heard of for a company called MGT Ltd which I have also never heard of.

They fail to answer any letters, for prrofs and ignore Formal Complaints of dispute and just issue further notices.

I am going to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service as well.

Please add to list

CapQuest - Twice issued Defaults against my account without giving me notice.

Both times they have been duplicate entries (eg, default issued by Cap1, and by Capquest for same account, also for a Littlewoods account)

Looking forward to ringing them this afternoon to tell them they have "illegally" added a default to my account and to inform them that an official complaint is going to be made by myself.