• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowells, buying a debt from Barclays who had not complied with a CCA and defaulting me on it within a day of purchase, even before sending me a letter!

Barclays had tried to use Moorcroft to collect on it, who did comply with the CCA saying there was no signed credit agreement so they would return it to Barclays.

Lowells are trying all their normal threatograms and phone calls so now I ignore the letters and use good old anglo-saxon on the phone.

Count me in, please. Lowell Financial/Portfolio, having bought the debt (or so they claimed) from Capital One. Should have been statute barred; served a Statutory Demand claiming to be a Government Department (if it is a Government Dept I understand there is no defence) and the vast majority of the so-called debt was made up of unlawful charges.

I did eventually get the court to set aside the Statutory Demand, but it was a protracted and very stressful process and the Judge didn't want to know about Lowell claiming to be a Government Department. I asked Lowell time and again for an explanation, eg was it just an "oversight" but no reply.

Capital One tried all sorts of delays and excuses to avoid coming up with an original agreement (there wasnt one anyway) and statements.

Statutory Demand claiming to be a Government Department (if it is a Government Dept I understand there is no defence)

As far as I'm aware the only Government department who isn't covered by the normal law is the Taxman. Any other department has to abide by normal rules, ie, stature of limitations etc.

As far as I'm aware the only Government department who isn't covered by the normal law is the Taxman.

I would say also the Financial Ombudsman Service, who can pick and choose which law they want to take account of and who seem to have more power than the highest courts, in that decisions cannot be appealed against or changed, even if wrong. There is no recourse for the consumer should they want to favour the bank, dca etc, as i have proof they do. Because of their so called 'independence', govt ministers will not look into matters.

Rosandale; from Milton Keynes Council. Rude, harassing, threatening, scams No ID was presented. They hang up phone during conversation. Had to contact with my council to get help. Still end up paying £93 to them for a £420 council tax. Two visits and on second visit levy charge for my car parked outside... never singed anything. Is it right? Can they do that? I think I been overcharged. I will claim it. Also received there final reminder seven days after issuing date. Lucky paid three days before the letter arrived.

• 2 weeks later...

t

And they are good with the fairy tales.

Lowell Group - Better Practices

They are the worst ever - hounded myself with telephone calls for months over a ccj they claimed to have brought. First contact was 18 months after this had been removed from my credit file nearly 8 years after registration.

Spoken to like crap - threatened with all sorts of action, but in between had lovely letters with greatly reduced offers to settle. Finaly wrote to them saying do not owe you anything - if you think i do prove it, confirm to me in writing, do not telephone again - I have reported you to Leeds Trading Standards. Please note that if you continue to harrass me further i will not hesitate to inform my solicitor. Ootcome was NOTHING AT ALL... HEARD NOTHING BACK FROM THEN, ALMOST TEN MONTHS.

Edited by jonni2bad
Links

Where do I start! LOL

Mercers (Barclaycard) for threatening letters and invalid default notices.

BOS (Sainsburys) for continually threatening court action when no valid CCA.

Cabot (Goldfish) for admitting Goldfish have said there is no copy agreement, but registering a default at the CRA's anyway.

And last, but by no means least......1ST CRETINS...For issuing a Stat Demand when there is no CCA, also also for registering a default with the CRA's, however I would like to thank them for their cheque which the nice judge ordered they send me for my costs in contesting the SD. :D

No doubt 2009 will bring more of the same from these leeches, but we all know how to deal with them now....don't we!

Capquest; contantly sending out forged documents from the Natwest & then telling me that it is ok to use for a Deed of Assignemtn when it is not signed by a real person (electronic JPEG signature) or dated and generally being the most rubbish people in the world ever.

A couple of years after being made redundant and sinking into unmanageable debt I left the UK and now live abroad. A while later the DCAs started to harrass my sister. They even harrass her neighbours to find out if they have seen me at my sister's house. They have made the neighbours fully aware of who they are and why they are there. This has resulted in a breakdown of my relationship with my sister. I can only feel grateful that they did not get hold of my mother's address. I do not know which specific DCAs are involved because they do not leave their business cards...

Triton Credit Services:

Continuing to ask me to phone them despite requesting that all correspondence is in writing only

Saying that they will take action 7 days after date of letter - giving me 3 days to get a letter to them - just pressure to phone

Not providing their complaints procedure when I made a formal complaint to them

Same here.

They're still phoning my parents house despite asking for everything in writing only aswell.

Still no credit agreement from them, just what looks like an application form and current terms and conditions.

And a threatening letter from Green & Co solicitors who are acting on behalf of Triton supposedly

DCMS.....For phoning my work about debts

LINK .......Phoning my work up, phoning my neighbours, phoning outside OFT guidelines re timings. Being threatening, demanding etc.

Not responding to CCA

Not responding to SAR

Not responding to Court orders

Issuing secondary DN

Processing information that they have no right to process. Misrepresnetation to outright lies.

ETC ETC ETC

• 2 weeks later...

Mercers - chasing debt still in dispute from Barclaycard (no CCA), still telephoning well after telephone harassment letter sent, texting daily

RMA - sent doorstop postcards saying someone would be calling on Thursday (Christmas Day! i don;t think so!!) for two accounts from AMex, both without CCA's previously advised no CCA and previoulsy sent no harassment letters

Mercers - chasing debt still in dispute from Barclaycard (no CCA), still telephoning well after telephone harassment letter sent, texting daily

RMA - sent doorstop postcards saying someone would be calling on Thursday (Christmas Day! i don;t think so!!) for two accounts from AMex, both without CCA's previously advised no CCA and previoulsy sent no harassment letters

Take em to Court, I went through this with me dad, they just carry on ignoring you, took bcard to court, they failed to defend, got a ccj, they appealed and sent intimidating letters, i stuck to it, next thing was a cheque appeared on dad's doormat and they withdrew their appeal.

DO IT AND STICK TO IT, they have never attempted to collect after then,

been there, seen it, DONE IT :D

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

DCMS.....For phoning my work about debts

LINK .......Phoning my work up, phoning my neighbours, phoning outside OFT guidelines re timings. Being threatening, demanding etc.

Not responding to CCA

Not responding to Subject Access Request

Not responding to Court orders

Issuing secondary DN

Processing information that they have no right to process. Misrepresnetation to outright lies.

ETC ETC ETC

tell em to naff off of you take legal action under s13 of the data protection act (you legally entitled to damages and compensation for processing your information without the legal right to do so)

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Take em to Court, I went through this with me dad, they just carry on ignoring you, took bcard to court, they failed to defend, got a ccj, they appealed and sent intimidating letters, i stuck to it, next thing was a cheque appeared on dad's doormat and they withdrew their appeal.

DO IT AND STICK TO IT, they have never attempted to collect after then,

been there, seen it, DONE IT :D

How did you take them to court? Presumably you stated a sum of money required etc.

PhiltheBear

Lloyds TSB - At the Sign of Flogging a Dead Horse

kept warning them to cease all collection activities by recorded delivery (bcard and mercers) to took em to court for harassment and non-disclosure of the credit agreement,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508 lot of chat init but read it thought and info there that will help you

• Haha 1

Abbey charges, Won

I have had MacKenzie hall on my back for some time. I hit them with a Statute Barred letter and they eventually seemed to have got fed up .No chance , Their puppets Meritforce took over . I have heard nothing from Meritforce for about 7 months and assumed they had got the message.Then out of the blue a DCA called RUTHBRIDGE sent a letter with my name on it to a relative with the same surname chasing up the old Statute Barred Debt .It looks as if MH have sold/passed this on to Ruthbridge ( I don't think they can do this with a barred debt ) what I can't understand is MacKenzie Hall have my address and phone number (STUPID ME) and it seems they have not passed them on.

Oh well here we go again.