Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

capquest.

Letter out of nowhere threatening court action within two days of receiving said letter for a debt dating back 15 years which we know nothing about.

if it is that long ago, just IGNORE it :D

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

HFO , at the moment it has gone quiet but last week i told them i didnt acknowledge the debt to them and if they wanted me to co operate they must send me a full and true credit agreement signed, they said that they didnt do that and demanded payment, they the proceeded to call my moble 37 times in 5 days and my wifes phone 32 times in the same period, times ranging from 08.30 - 21.30

i will now reinforce my case in writing to them and request no more calls at all , everything in writing, i have kept a record of all calls and will report to the police if they try that crap again.

HFO are a bunch of thug criminals and must be stopped. how can they ever be deemed fit and proper to hold a consumer credit lisence !!!!!!!!!

IF THE SYSTEM WONT PROTECT US FROM THESE ANIMALS THEN I MAY HAVE TO GO TO THERE OFFICE PERSONALLY TO DISCUSS FACE TO FACE WITH THEM ( AS SOON AS I RETURN FROM AFGHANISTAN WITH MY PARACHUTE REGIMENT IN TOW)

1st credit for harrassing us telling us to get a loan or remortgage or borrow the money from family and freinds,threats with ccj and charging order and force of sale of our home,in the process of waiting for a CCA have received two letters the same saying they are contacting their clients and this could take 6-8 weeks.

Eversheds for refusing payments from Payplan and for being totally verbally arragont while on the phone to them :mad:

I need some quick advice guys n girls. I have agreed to pay the DCA £200 a month and swipe dept in under 2yrs. The problem is they have not only taken a good will gesture payment but taken out the £200 before the date we agreed first installment of this amount. im devastated and NEED that money. how can i get this back?? im in trouble if i cant get this money, this will put me in even more of a hellish predicament. help!!

I need some quick advice guys n girls. I have agreed to pay the DCA £200 a month and swipe dept in under 2yrs. The problem is they have not only taken a good will gesture payment but taken out the £200 before the date we agreed first installment of this amount. im devastated and NEED that money. how can i get this back?? im in trouble if i cant get this money, this will put me in even more of a hellish predicament. help!!

direct debit?

debit card? cheque?

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

and I guess you not got this agreement in writing?

Abbey charges, Won

Thanks for replying. I agreed first installment for 5April, beginning of this month my cicumstances changed, cut a long story short I had t move out. I called them to renegotiate and I agreed that they take out £50 so i cover myself this month, they took payment and 'Chris' confirmed that the first installment would be on the 5th of May. So although I had the £200 for 5th April in writing - didnt sign anthing mind. I havent got anything confirming our latsest convo. well im guessing which way this is going, right? Im not going to get that cash back am I mrmarmite??, okay i could realy cry right now. :(

okay sorry I havent replied to the first post, first payment I used a solo. and then organised for direct debit there after.

When I called back in Aprill to re organise the amount for just this month they took the solo for £50, the direct debit stood for future payments, so i made no adjustments myself to my account i.e told the bank that there is a payment that should not be allowed to be taken on the 5th Aprill (that first installment of £200?,

so i guess im in the crap house now. I have never been in this situation and im panicking so much about this i really am. is there any point in me calling these guys monday and crying about this? jeeeeeze. im pulling my hair out here.

You should be ok. Either go to or call your bank on Monday.

Tell them that the Direct Debit payment was made in error and it should not have debited your account as you DID NOT AUTHORISE that payment

Inform them that you are fully aware of the Direct Debit Guarantee and as such you demand an immediate refund as per your rights under this Guarantee.

Your rights

The Direct Debit Guarantee

• If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, the organisation collecting the payment will notify you normally 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed
  • If an error is made by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid
  • You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society. We also recommend you notify the organisation concerned.

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

I just wan2 say thank you for all your efforts in communicating with me, helping me to understand as im not all that clued up regarding 'my rights'. I appreciate your time I really do, your very helpful. I just hope this is the case and I can be helped or I am in serious doo doo.

Thanks ever so much.

If the person that you speak to at your bank refuses, ask to speak to their manager. Tell them about your right to a full immediate refund. If they refuse, tell them that you will make a complaint to the FOS and ask them for the name and address of their chairman, as you feel he will be interested to know that members of his staff are willing to ignore the Direct Debit Guarantee.

You have to be really strong with them or they won't do it. They will say they need to investigate it... Just keep telling them that you are entitled to a refund...

As far as they are concerned the payments were supposed to start next month. Don't tell them much more then that...

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

okay sorry I havent replied to the first post, first payment I used a solo. and then organised for direct debit there after.

When I called back in Aprill to re organise the amount for just this month they took the solo for £50, the direct debit stood for future payments, so i made no adjustments myself to my account i.e told the bank that there is a payment that should not be allowed to be taken on the 5th Aprill (that first installment of £200?,

so i guess im in the crap house now. I have never been in this situation and im panicking so much about this i really am. is there any point in me calling these guys monday and crying about this? jeeeeeze. im pulling my hair out here.

Go to your bank and ask then to file an indemnity-(this is the wording you will need)- for the direct debit, you will also have to cancel the direct debt as well and re set it up later. You shouldn't have any problems doing this as they have broken the agreement they told you on the phone. The money should be back in your account within 24 hours max., easily solved :)

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

If you do as Yyates suggests I would think twice about reinstating the DD. In fact I would suggest you say you will set up a standing order just incase they make any more "mistakes":mad:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

If you do as Yyates suggests I would think twice about reinstating the DD. In fact I would suggest you say you will set up a standing order just incase they make any more "mistakes":mad:

Gotta agree here. this way you are in control not them

Abbey charges, Won

Totally agree with goldLady's post. you can always send the money through internet banking as well which may work out even easier. Good luck and don't let them bully you :)

thanks. Il give it my best shot and ile get back to you about it all. If I dont get this cash back I wont know what to do. I cant get an overdraft facility with Natwest im credit listed because my previous employer couldnt pay me for 2 months, say no more eh. I cant get credit cards to build up my credit rating. I earn less than £1,000 a month and im sick of not earning enough to pay bills, the more hours you work the more your taxed hardly makes sense does it. Im telling you I can understand why people turn to prostitution or throw them selves off buildings. I hate struggling like this every month. Ive never been on the dole but I know why people just give in and stop working, its not healthy. Sorry about moaning.

well im no expert HYMOHYMO but if you go back to the main menu, all the forums just have to click on one of the threads and that will enable to you to post a reply or up the top of the page itl say - start new thread. try it. Is what you have to say remotely related to my situation? you ok? what ever it is your worried about these people who reply are brilliant they really help.

how do i post a thread, im sat here in tears

Hi hymohymo

what area is your thread in? that would help, is it to do with a debt collection agency, if so which one ? Post a little on here so that people can point you in the right direction and help you.

Hang in there it will get sorted, please don't worry :)

okay everyone, gettingback to everyone who helped me with the DCA taking money from my account when they shouldnt have. I went to the bank to explain my situation and they got my money re ebursed to me the next day. So im safe for now, oh and another thing, I asked for my bank manager to update my solo and he said it was not possible couldnt untill the dept was replaid yeah, all £3334 of it, well i guess ile be reviewing my financial situation in two years then!

A big thanks to everyone who helped me through the money [causing problems] of the DCA. cheers.xxxxx:grin: your all brilliant!!