Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CapQuest have honoured my harassment letter and the calls stopped straight away ............... so far anyway :D

Well done, keep em at a sensible distance. just this week and since I recieved the so called cca they have resumed calling, even to my work quoting my reference number to whoever answers the phone, I dont intend to tolerate this for long.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st credit, trying to get money from me for a Lloyds TSB loan. No authority issued from Lloyds informing me of passing debt to them, CCA sent to 1st credit and request for authority to chase me for this debt. Theating letters from 1st credit, they just don't play in the guidlines of the law. Also Additions direct. requested CCA, which i know i don't have, they sent one with my forged signature on it. Trading Standards now have the info and have been dealing with it since last November 2007. But NRD keep sending me statements with interest and charges added. They say its the catalogue that sends the statements with NRD logo on it. They refuse to believe the account is in dispute for possible forgery of signature and investigations by Trading Standards.

Sechari Clark & Mitchell - Lloyds solicitors.

Despite writing to them, sending recorded delivery twice plus a telephone harassment letter they are still writing claiming I have not contacted them....

Mind games or what!

Any advice of where I can take this further as I begreudge the £1.04 I am paying each letter to get no response. (and can I reclaim my postal charges?)

Hi Givuzagame

Their replies are computer generated.

Sechari Clark & Mitchell will not reply to you as far as i know with my dealings with them, they are in one of Lloyds TSB's departments and I have recieved the replies from Consumer Debt Recovery in Brighton.

i am having trouble with cabot financial who bought my debt from littlewoods personal finance,who intern supply a card from barclycard. my problem is i recieved a letter from cabot with a letter from barclycard enclosed,i am treating this with some suspicion, because i have an agreement to pay off my debt at £1.00 monthly,i have a letter from barclycard stating this. today at 10.20am i recieved a call from cabot financial, wanting to speak to me, the usual question was put to me confirm my details, i refused to do so, i quoted the administration of justice act after the bloke on other end of phone said they will keep ringing me until i speak to them, he kept moaning at me,and would not listen to reason, even though i told him, i would file charges of harrassment against them. totally unaccepted behaviour,luckily i have an appopintment today with a debt councillor and i will bring this up during this meeting. i just want some sense of it all,if we run a business like them we would have no customers. i want to blow a big fat rasberry to cabot financial.:p

i am having trouble with cabot financial who bought my debt from littlewoods personal finance,who intern supply a card from barclycard. my problem is i recieved a letter from cabot with a letter from barclycard enclosed,i am treating this with some suspicion, because i have an agreement to pay off my debt at £1.00 monthly,i have a letter from barclycard stating this. today at 10.20am i recieved a call from cabot financial, wanting to speak to me, the usual question was put to me confirm my details, i refused to do so, i quoted the administration of justice act after the bloke on other end of phone said they will keep ringing me until i speak to them, he kept moaning at me,and would not listen to reason, even though i told him, i would file charges of harrassment against them. totally unaccepted behaviour,luckily i have an appopintment today with a debt councillor and i will bring this up during this meeting. i just want some sense of it all,if we run a business like them we would have no customers. i want to blow a big fat rasberry to cabot financial.:p

i got em off my back :lol:

have you CCA'd them yet? if not click on the link below Letter N

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

debitas are a pain ..sent off CCA ,, and harrassment letter ..they are still phoning ..i never speak to them but ring back the number and its def debitas..also MBNA for my partner,,went quiet for a while ..they send him emails and leave messages ..sending a harrassment letter and a CCA request tomorra..i wish i was the goverment ..id shoot the lot of em LOL

1st credit, trying to get money from me for a Lloyds TSB loan. No authority issued from Lloyds informing me of passing debt to them, CCA sent to 1st credit and request for authority to chase me for this debt. Theating letters from 1st credit, they just don't play in the guidlines of the law. Also Additions direct. requested CCA, which i know i don't have, they sent one with my forged signature on it. Trading Standards now have the info and have been dealing with it since last November 2007. But NRD keep sending me statements with interest and charges added. They say its the catalogue that sends the statements with NRD logo on it. They refuse to believe the account is in dispute for possible forgery of signature and investigations by Trading Standards.

Forged signature? It's the police you go to , not trading standards.

I went to the police about harassment from Capital One. (14 calls a day)

They didn't want to know and I was politely told by an Inspector who happens to be a friend of ours that it was a civil matter, not criminal, despite the act stating it IS criminal.

I would like to nominate Mercers, (now gone quiet) for my hubby, Interim Justitia for ignoring my letters, and CSL who have taken over from Mercers and constantly ring and text my hubby's mobile.

We have never been notified by Barclaycard or Nat West that they have passed the alleged debt over to DCA's. Surely this is against OFT guidelines. But then we know that these people never follow guidlines don't we.

maggiebroom :)

had a call from MERCERS this morning regarding my abbey debt (loan) they gave me some details about me to prove who they were speaking to,this is easier to deal with otherwise i would not give details out over the phone. mercers wanted to know if i could make a token payment of £20 i said no but can pay £1 they said no,i told them citizens advice would be intouch regarding my debt. might have got a better response from a brick wall than from them. I think alot of these so called debt collection agents do not follow the rules and do what they want,believing we would never take action against them,how wrong they are. for the record companys like Mercers,Cabot Financial, wescot to name a few are a big pain in the seat.

they gave me some details about me to prove who they were speaking to

And if they had been speaking to somebody else, that person would now have those details about you...

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

had a call from MERCERS this morning regarding my abbey debt (loan) they gave me some details about me to prove who they were speaking to,this is easier to deal with otherwise i would not give details out over the phone. mercers wanted to know if i could make a token payment of £20 i said no but can pay £1 they said no,i told them citizens advice would be intouch regarding my debt. might have got a better response from a brick wall than from them. I think alot of these so called debt collection agents do not follow the rules and do what they want,believing we would never take action against them,how wrong they are. for the record companys like Mercers,Cabot Financial, wescot to name a few are a big pain in the seat.

Mercers and abbey??????? got them right? Mercers are Barclays in house collectors

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Firstly KPR for Nationwide, their in house dca, when they knew account was in dispute and in the court, then was passed to Frederickson's, who were also told account was in dispute and in the court.Sent them harrassment letter as kept calling on landline and my mobile at all hours.Also was threatened by one of their agents, saying if i didnt pay they would start court action against me, when i ;pointed out, it was already in the court, he then hung up on me!

in my post earlier i said i had a call from mercers regarding my abbey debt, after looking at it again i realised it was not mercers but Moorcroft who rang me this morning. Mercers was for barclycard who now use cabot financial. I sent email to cabot requesting CCA but i did not offer to pay for it, debt line website only suggests payment if they have not sent it for free. My email was recieved and passed to the relevant department,i kept copy of reply,now only time will tell,if i have got their attention and i hope they do not reply with the details in 14 working days.:roll:

I have had only one DCA contact me and it was regarding a dispute with Paypal account. The account was passed on to Intrim Justitia although in dispute. IJ then made very anoying and abusive requests for a settlement.

They where not interested in the fact I was trying to sort out with Paypal.

Not a pleasent experience.

Paul C

Forged signature? It's the police you go to , not trading standards.

Just to let you Know joesoap I intend on contacting the police as soon as I get back all the documents from Trading Standards, they tell me it should be next week. Thanks for the push.

Good afternoon everybody,

You may not want to read the following in response to this particular thread, but here goes anyway.

Whilst this may all sound like a great idea, the chances of anything being done to deal with the bullying and non adherance to the law by DCA'S, is, I'm afarid to tell you all, ZERO!

There is a chance that your complaints will be logged with the appropriate authorities and I know that you would all like to believe that a possibility exists that this will then lead to the withdrawal of the Collection Licence from at least some of these companies because yes, some of them do not have the right to call themselves professional in any way shape or form and further that they seem to get away with flouting the law continualy.

The problem however is that the clients that commission these companies all believe that their appointed agents 'always' act within the guidelines as set down by the OFT and that all laws are also adhrered to (Administration Of Justice Act etc) and consequently they will always refuse to be told otherwise, despite whatever proof you may supply and in how many numbers.

Companies do not want to hear that they may be wrong about their appointed DCA and if results are gained, they tend to give them all a free hand and simply close their ears and eyes because all they want to know is how and when they will get their money back.

The business of Debt Collection Agencies is still booming because their are many heavy handed morons who are given a free reign to say what they want to over telephone to you and even though they are fully aware of the guidelines, which they do not adhere to, should be enforced, they also know that if they ignore them, they might get a letter from trading standards or the OFT slapping them on the wrists, but that will be the full extent of what will happen.

Nobody, whether it is a debt collection agency, or British Gas, or Tiscali Customer Services, or Sky, or Council Tax etc...wants to know that you have a case, or that circumstances exist that have forced you in to your current situation, or that you are unemployed and on benefits, a single parent, being refused interviews because of your age etc.. etc..they just want your money whether you legally owe it or not.

On the plus side Debt Management Companies are being used by creditors on a more regular basis, but even they tend to rip us all off with a monthly charge which can be 6 times more than they are paying your creditors on a pro rata basis.

So there we have it.

Until Morons like Ruthbridge, Capquest, Cabot, Mercers, Newlyn and many others, begin to learn the art of listening to people and speaking to us like human beings, answering questions correctly, supplying proof of debt correctly, adhering to the law and in general not being bombastic and instead adopting a more empathetic approach, we will always be in the clutches of mass generic incomprehension.

Do we not all agree that we would be much more willing to resolve all of these problems with DCA's if we were spoken to in a polite manner and do we not also agree that if monies were/are indeed owed, that dealing with it in a calm professional and more empathetic manner, would reap the correct result for everybody?

God, forums like this one would not exist!

All you DCA's out there would save yourselves a lot of time and money and the world would be a happier place and.......oop's sorry I was just dreaming their for a bit...

The government will do nothing because they all live on a different planet to most of us in the real world, the OFT will slap wrists then forget it, allowing DCA's to continue in their grotty ways and Trading Standards will write a nice polite letter, because after all, these are all professional companies, whereas we, as consumers, are nothing more that debtor **** and in return they will receive a letter in response from the DCA stating their version of events, which will of course take preference over us, the consumer and the nonsense will continue.

Good Luck To You All.

In The Know.

HFO services. One 'lady' after being asked NOT to ring at 8.20pm she refused and this resulted in her being told to go forth and multiply, we were subjected to 40 mins of constant calls, music being left on answerphone, screaming on the mobile, this all stopped at 9.01pm they think they can ring up to 9pm, I have been told by the CAB that anything after 7pm is in fact harassment .

This same 'lady' told my partner that if he didn't pick up the phone she would get the sack..... I went to Barclays Bank (barclaycard debt) lady rang and spoke to supervisor explaining what we had to put up with, NO PHONE CALLS SINCE... Barclays are now looking into it. HFO will NEVER receive a penny from us, there is no credit agreement as 'she' said barclaycard would charge HFO to get one sent?????

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THE PERSON IN QUESTION GET THE SACK.....

i am sorry to hear about the problems with HFO Services and the problems associated with it, i would have lost my rag with them if they called me like that,do not let it rest, contact your local trading standards office and report it,just to make sure this company understands you are serious and want it to be dealt with. That type of attitude should not be tolerated at all, it seems these people beleive they are above the law.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

To start. AIC who have not replied except to say they are dealing with my CCA request awaiting 30 days now

Before I knew about CAG. but had I known about CAG and Consumer rights I would have added

CABOT

EVERSHEDS

MERCERS

LINK FINANCIAL

DEBT MANAGERS

And probably a few more in the past 2-3 years

Well done CAGERS together we can overcome

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)