Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont let the xxxx get you down thats what they want we are all in the same boat but all here to help each other, Lifes a Bxxxh sometimes :oops:

I have been flighting creditors and DCA's for so long now and you do have to keep your head up and not let them get you down but sometimes they find a way of getting in and really making you feel worthless!

It is just thier attitude... i just want pick them up, slap em, shake em and make them realise they are the worthless ones not us!

I mean if all they can do is bully and intimidate people that doesn't say much for thier intelligence

I have been flighting creditors and DCA's for so long now and you do have to keep your head up and not let them get you down but sometimes they find a way of getting in and really making you feel worthless!

It is just thier attitude... i just want pick them up, slap em, shake em and make them realise they are the worthless ones not us!

I mean if all they can do is bully and intimidate people that doesn't say much for thier intelligence

Yaff - I know how furious you must feel - it gets us all like this from time to time. Like others say it may be worth talking to your bank about this - would the direct debit guarentee cover this sort of thing happening? Would be worth asking at least.

Have you done things like CCA these people asking them for agreements to prove debt etc.. , Another thing you can do is ask for a copy of the deed of assignment this will indicate how the debt was sold etc..

It costs £1 to CCA these original lenders and you'll be surprised what comes up - this may very well be part of your answer the letter to request these is here you need to edit Letter N

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html (remember to send letters recorded delivery so you can prove postage etc..)

Quite often we see there isn't a CCA at all - just application forms and copy & pasted documents - this means that the debts are unenforceable etc.. there is plenty of good advice here on this topic - but it may be a starting point to see whether your debts are enforceable etc.. unless the DCA took out a court order etc.. (which is highly unlikely - they'll never want to tell a judge how they bullied money from you without the proper documents in place like CCA's etc..)

If there are no CCA's you'll have lots of room to manouvre and sort these companies to your satisfaction etc.. and get defaults removed etc.. and chase back charges etc.. You can have the last laugh!!

Yaff - I know how furious you must feel - it gets us all like this from time to time. Like others say it may be worth talking to your bank about this - would the direct debit guarentee cover this sort of thing happening? Would be worth asking at least.

Have you done things like CCA these people asking them for agreements to prove debt etc.. , Another thing you can do is ask for a copy of the deed of assignment this will indicate how the debt was sold etc..

It costs £1 to CCA these original lenders and you'll be surprised what comes up - this may very well be part of your answer the letter to request these is here you need to edit Letter N

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html (remember to send letters recorded delivery so you can prove postage etc..)

Quite often we see there isn't a CCA at all - just application forms and copy & pasted documents - this means that the debts are unenforceable etc.. there is plenty of good advice here on this topic - but it may be a starting point to see whether your debts are enforceable etc.. unless the DCA took out a court order etc.. (which is highly unlikely - they'll never want to tell a judge how they bullied money from you without the proper documents in place like CCA's etc..)

If there are no CCA's you'll have lots of room to manouvre and sort these companies to your satisfaction etc.. and get defaults removed etc.. and chase back charges etc.. You can have the last laugh!!

This is for a small council tax debt which will be paid off next month. I have been paying it by debit card over the phone, thats what annoyed me becuase they said i authorised the payment, i even got the bloke to confirm the amount which he did £59.14....little git lied through his teeth!

1st, littlewoods debt collections..On May 15 i wrote 1st letter giving them 7days etc,I then received a letter from fredrickson international saying that they now owned the acct and pay up, this was mid-july!.It seems that LDc sold my debt to a company called Phoenix on 13 March and told me nothing,Phoenix then sold the debt to Fredrickson.I've now sent Fredrickson letter requesting CA.2nd,....Blair Oliver and Scott who never even bothered to reply to my request for CA,even after 7days followed by 30 days,i've since told them that the debt is now unenforceable and am writing to OFT and local Trading Standards to complain about their disregard for the law.Lastly..Reliable Collections Ltd who only after months of harrassment have finally agreed to put the matter "in dispute" and have referred it back to premier Man.I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if there is a template for writing to OFT etc complaining about non compliance by DCA's.

1st, littlewoods debt collections..On May 15 i wrote 1st letter giving them 7days etc,I then received a letter from fredrickson international saying that they now owned the acct and pay up, this was mid-july!.It seems that LDc sold my debt to a company called Phoenix on 13 March and told me nothing,Phoenix then sold the debt to Fredrickson.I've now sent Fredrickson letter requesting CA.2nd,....Blair Oliver and Scott who never even bothered to reply to my request for CA,even after 7days followed by 30 days,i've since told them that the debt is now unenforceable and am writing to OFT and local Trading Standards to complain about their disregard for the law.Lastly..Reliable Collections Ltd who only after months of harrassment have finally agreed to put the matter "in dispute" and have referred it back to premier Man.I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if there is a template for writing to OFT etc complaining about non compliance by DCA's.

Conchy Joe - you could adapt/edit this letter (can't remember where I found it to thank the person who wrote it) You could also conplain to ICO about this company sharing your data without permission etc.. - there is a complaint form on the website Complaints about data protection – Information Commissioner’s Office - ICO you can send it by post or email it with attachments etc..

Office of Fair Trading

OFT Enquiries

Fleetbank House2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

FAILURE by xxxxxxx ltd Under Sections 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Account No.

Dear Sir or Madam

As is my right under Sections 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, I wrote to xxxx on {date} requesting a true, signed (legible) copy of any credit agreement (inc statements) that exists in relation to the above account, including the statutory fee of £1.00.

Under the terms of the above Act, xxxxx had 12 working days to provide the requested document and a further calendar month to rectify this default. Both of these deadlines have now passed and I have received nothing in relation to my request.

This led me to only one conclusion that no signed credit agreement exists in relation to this account. An agreement that does not contain all of the prescribed terms, and/or is not signed by the debtor, is completely unenforceable, even in a court of law.

I have today sent a letter to xxxxxxx refuting the debt and stating that any legal action proposed by them will be vigorously defended as I believe that they may have committed an offence under the CCA punishable by a level 4 fine.

Additionally, as there has never been any regulated agreement in relation to this account, I maintain that xxxxxxx do not have my consent to process my data and have requested that they remove all data referring to them from the records of all 3 Credit reference agencies.

With respect to the above may, I respectfully request that you begin an investigation into the failures of xxxxxxxx and in the meantime your comments, advice & guidance in the above would be much appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Haha 2

I would like to nominate a few DCA's [edited].

First off is First National Credit, who were hounding me over a Barclaycard from the student days.

Secondly, is Eversheds (the Solicitors - [edited]), this was due to the fact that I was only willing to pay so much per month to settle a Halifax account, as I was on low income employment at that time.

Thirdly, is Direct Legal Collections (I started a thread about them on here) and again, although they have been getting anywhere between £20.00 and £5.00 per month from me, they still insist on sending aggressive and threatening letters, most of which go unanswered.

I have also received a very cryptic and tangential letter from MacKenzie Hall and as I have no information to go on, I refuse to communicate with them. I suspect that if they have legitimate business dealings with me, we are approaching the stage where such matters are statute barred, which means it is not worth me contacting them, only to receive torrents of abuse and intimidation.

My last nominee (since they are a DCA) are Cabot Financial, who were only owed £258.57 in connection with a Capital One Credit Card, but as I negotiated a month to settle the account and a reduction to £220.00 and they were generally reasonably well behaved and professional, I have no reason to take umbrage at their treatment of me.

They did mention that they would register the account as settled and satisfied on my Equifax entry and ironically, I suspect it is this addition to my credit record which has precipitated a sudden flurry of interest on the part of the other rogues and vultures in the industry.

For behold henceforth all DCAs face a vigorous envanquishment.

SLC must be Reduced by any means necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

1st Credit - rude, unhelpful & threatening

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

send them the harrassment letter, if not already done so, they might ignore it but at least you will have it on record.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Capital One, Notice of Discontinuance received after they didn't turn up in court, no paperwork ever received from them but 8 chasing letters from Heatons LLP, Scotcall et al AFTER the Notice of Discontinuance received. Claim in with FOS and now with Information Comissioner.

BTW if the DCAs are taking money via a debit card ask the bank for a new card as somebody is misusing your trust.. the bank should comply as they could be held liable if you incur charges through somebody taking an amount you did not request.

The MCS (metropolitan collection services) Final demand letters, for missing one £1.00 payment. Unwilling to negotiate amount as i had failed to comply apparently, they were getting £40.00 but I provided them with financial statement. When I apologised for missing the £1.00 payment, I was asked 'how can we be sure you won't miss one again?' and 'I'm sorry but you have to pay £40.00 per month it's the mimimum that we accept, madam' No it jolly well isn't coz they £1.00 did them didn't. Discusting really!! Threatened with interest and charges.

Robinson Way,constantly adding charges blaming the OC,When i question OC they send me written proof that they havent added any charges,when robinson way are questioned about it they ignore me,they have ignored my request for a statement of account and my request for a SAR although they did cash the cheque for the SAR !

In which case, the DCA operator's first question should be, "Are you a member of CAG? Yes? OK, goodbye." It would save them an awful lot of grief, and let them move on to a more profitable victim. :p

Hi there.

I have been issued with a sheriff court summons from 1st Credit demanding payment of a debt they bought from Northern Rock in 2003.

I have been paying this debt back with a DMP since 2000.

The debt is for £4,400. What are my options?

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

Hi there.

I have been issued with a sheriff court summons from 1st Credit demanding payment of a debt they bought from Northern Rock in 2003.

I have been paying this debt back with a DMP since 2000.

The debt is for £4,400. What are my options?

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

Firstly I suggest you start a thread in the appropriate forum for your problem as this is a thread started to collate information. It just means you will get more attention and hopefully more help!

I would suggest, in the first instance, that you contact the administrator of your DMP. I hope once you put your story in the right place, somebody with better knowledge of Scottish law will come forward.

Could you start your new thread with your whole story and then PM me with a link?

Regards,

Cornx:)

Regards,

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

This time last year I was being hounded for a non existant paypal debt by NCO(Europe)Ltd.

The hassle eventually ended (another story)

I sent a SAR for their call log. They failed to comply.

I started small claim for compliance and £200 damages.

Had until yesterday to enter a defence

On Saturday I recieved this and my call log. I will pursue them for harassment and damages. :D

ncoeatdirt009ap5.jpg

This time last year I was being hounded for a non existant paypal debt by NCO(Europe)Ltd.

The hassle eventually ended (another story)

I sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for their call log. They failed to comply.

I started small claim for compliance and £200 damages.

Had until yesterday to enter a defence

On Saturday I recieved this and my call log. I will pursue them for harassment and damages. :D

ncoeatdirt009ap5.jpg

Well done and keep the good work up noonmill:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

triton credit services/natwest about the remark on my nationalities my partner name cabott and robinson and co for the usual nonsense and my company is above the law and by so don't ask me a CCA as i don't have one but will go for a CCJ none the less....

Moorcroft for continuing to hassle me even though acount is in dispute,even tho they have sent letter ststing as much.

Again Moorcroft for passing on another disputed debt to an affiliate of theirs,MLS Solicitors,which is against rules.

drafted letters to both to start action of complaints:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]