mcvey v abbey

mcvey123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a goodwill gesture of £1000 from the Abbey today after asking them for a refund of £2955.

As I am in Northern Ireland, this benefits me as I am now able to pursue them in the small claims.

This is the second claim I have against the Abbey. I split the claim as in N. Ireland, we can only claim for £2000. I won the first claim for £1697.

I am somewhat worries though as i heard that you cannot claim twice against the same bank if they settle the first claim.

However I am going to push ahead now anyway as I haven't much to lose and I am taking a gamble that they might settle before the court date.

Hi, I dont know the exact rules for the Northern Ireland procedure bt in England you can sue them as many times as you want to, as a few of us have demonstrated, i think that there is a section for NI somewhere on here, you need to do a site search - sorry I cant be of more help

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 months later...

Well after all the worry, yes, the abbey have settled again in full, making the total I have got back from them in excess of £5k over the last year!!

Many thanks to all the this forum who have been helpful!