Francis V Hsbc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am looking for some advice. I have done the normal route of asking for statements, prelim letter and then the LBA and got one letter back saying they are investigating my case

I was claiming for £479.00

I stood by the deadlines i.e 14 days etc and heard back nothing so then I issued a MCOL against the bank and paid the £80 fee and this time included the daily interest bumping my claim up to over £600

Yesterday however i received a letter from HSBC saying they would pay my claim in full which was great news

I would like any advice please on whether you think I should take the initial claim and run or stick by my guns and hopefully get the £479.00 + court fee +interest??

DG solicitors have acknowledged my court claim online

Help!!!

Many thanks!!

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Prior to receipt of your letter I have filed a claim No XXX in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees now totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Michael your a ledgend thanks for this I am this now!!

Do you think I should attach a photocopy of their offer letter too when I send it back to them? You know just to remind them?

thanks!