• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Brooksdad v Woolwich

hughes690
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI TO ALL: Great advice you all offer - hope you can to me.

Not having any detail (other than account no) of closed Woolwich a/c, I sent DPA request on 12/12/06. Received acknowlegment with my £10 cheque returned to me on 19 Dec 06 saying in course of preparation. My question: Is 12 Dec the start date of my claim or the date on which I receive the data from them?

I ask this because Jan 2001 (six years ago) was when most charges were levied against a/c (£3000-odd) HELP!

:mad:

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brooksdad

When you sent DPA SAR did you use the template in the libary and fill it in as directed, 1/1/07-1/1/01 if you did nothing to worry about if you didnt it can be amended,so dont panic, send off one a week if you want:D

Keep us informed, and please stay calm:)

AL;)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

HI BIG AL: Hello and thanks. I used template letter and followed instructions from 'MoneyExpert.com' site. I presume it is the same?

Will this action suffice?

Link:

FAQ

Thanks Michael: Just to confirm, 12 Dec 06 (see earlier post),

the date of DPA letter? Most charges against a/c

were in Jan 2001. Please further advise.

I'm so near the 6-year limit and really need reassurance.

Link:

FAQ

Ok, i've just looked at MSE DPA request and the CAG one is a little more explicit as regards this, since it includes this paragraph:

Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

That said though, as far as I'm aware only Natwest routinely dispute charges made beyond the 6 years from the date of filing at court rather than the DPA letter, but invariably pay up when challenged and quoting s32 of the Limitation Act.

Thanks, again. Starting to feel a little more confident. Will keep in touch after receipt of data. Watching out daily for postie! ;)

Link:

FAQ

HELLO - Just had a horrible thought: Should I have sent DPA request and £10.00, or other notification, to DCA as well as DPA to Woolwich?

Would appreciate further advice.

Link:

FAQ

OH Dear: Woolwich closed a/c and passed/sold debt to dca several years ago. Have been paying monthly instalments since x £30.00 pm. Where di I stand?? I ask: should I make claim there too? Is claim all against Woolwich?

Link:

FAQ

Hi Hughues

Sorry if you spend a little time and fully outline your story we can help as it gets a bit confusing, and you need to relax, dont panic.

Now, yes DPA SAR should be sent with £10 (which the woolwich return) DCA i would send a DPA SAR to them as well to find out what info they have ie state of the account. You could also ask for deed of assignment they need this from the Bank as they have brought the debt i will get the relevent template for you.

In the meantime please try to deal with my first paragraph.

And Chill :)

AL;)

Thanks BigAl - Having had Woolwich a/c for MANY years, I was made redundant in 1997. Illness then took over my life and things then deterioted financially. In late 2000 and particularly Jan 2001 with a/c overdrawn, cheques, DDs etc charges raised by woolwich snowballed. Living on sickness benefit, funds were not adequate to return a/c into credit. The problem snowballed out of proportion. I opened another a/c with another bank (I have had no problem at any time with this new a/c.which is funded weekly and has cheque book and Debit card - with OD facility).

Several years ago I had contact from DCA and had to make arrangement to pay off several thousand pounds (mostly bank charges) initially £20.00 and lately £30.00 pm. They continue to hound regularly to increase payments.

I remember a letter last year (2006) from DCA stating they had bought debt. I continue payments to them (£30.00pm).

I should also say Woolwich personal loan (which I couldn't repay) I ceased to fund at same time as current a/c. This is also in the same DCA hands (included in £30.00pm payment)

Oh dear! What a mess! My wife and I are pensioners (with our own home, paid for) but without much extra funds. We also receive Pen Cr. and Housing benefit.

Please further advise :(

Link:

FAQ

AL: Need to add - I sent woolwich DPA request, template MSE site, 12/12/06 (ack by them 19/12/06) I await data. They returned £10.00 fee. Second letter they say response by 30/01/07.

Link:

FAQ

Ok

I will get someone to have a look at your thread I dare say that nice man Mr Browne will help out too.

Who is the DCA

Try not to worry too much everything will be ok it might take a little time but we will get there, Promise:)

If you have already sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) then your time limit is safe (although i believe you can claim back beyond that).

The next move i would sugest is to write to the DCA and tell them that the account is now in dispute due to penalties levied on the account by the bank. This will formally notify them of a dispute.

Have aread round the forum and see what happens also i think in the General forum there is a thread on, I'll find it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/3598-do-you-have-charges.html

AL:)

Will write, as you suggest, to DCA (Equidebt, tho I deal and pay them via Heatons) who are, I think, solicitors at same address in Warks. Thanks. Having a large brandy just now! I raise my glass to all. :)

Link:

FAQ

Hi Hughes,

Al asked me to take a look at your thread,

Firstly don't panic, The statute of limitations allows 6 years from when you became aware of the problem. You have made your SAR so you should receive details back to Dec 2001 and can subsequently claim back to then. I'd be very surprised if they query a couply of months but if they do we just quote sec 36 of the limitations act to them. Thye will have to go into court to dispute it and I doubt they will do that.

Please don't mix info between this site and moneyexpert the sites both take a slightly different approach and mixing the 2 could create confusion.

It's basically now a case of waiting for the SAR data to come back with regard to Woolwich.

The DCA we deal with slightly differently, write to them requesting a copy of the credit agreements along with copies of the deed of assignments for both accounts. This is under sec 77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act. A £1 fee should be enclosed and they have 12 days from receipt to respond, after which they are in default and it becomes unenforceable without a court, after another month they commit a criminal offence. Template letters are available. Notify them that both accounts are now in dispute and any attempt at enforcing them will be raised in any subsequent court action. That should keep them quiet for a short while :)

I thought I saw mention of the DCA as being Equidebt but can't find it now, This is interesting as I have only this week been shown a demand from them by somebody else. Enquiries are now being made concerning them. I'll do some checking up on them as I don't recall them on my list.

One last thing Hughes, Dont let them panic you. this whole thing now is being done in a timescale YOU choose not them. If you give them 14 days then they get 14 days not 3 weeks to respond. One thing this site does after years of the banks and DCA's making demands of us is it puts the shoe clearly on the other foot. We are now making demands from them, and we have the law on our side.

• Confused 1

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

company details for Equidebt who are a trading company:

Name & Registered Office:

EQUIDEBT LIMITED

EQUITY HOUSE

ETTINGTON ROAD

WELLESBOURNE

WARWICKSHIRE CV35 9GA

Company No. 02686796

Registered number with the ICO Z5650973

They actually seem to be fully registered for a change :D

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

HI TAMADUS: Can you point me in direction of suggested DCA template letters? Although DCA is Equidebt (at first contact by them I disputed the debt but got nowhere). Letters from solicitors (Heatons), at same address, I then decided a repayment schedule (some years ago now). Can you explore the connection? I have always dealt and paid Heaton.

Link:

FAQ

use something along these lines:

I do not acknowledge this alleged debt.

I hereby formally request true copies of the signed agreement referring to the above account number. This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - your obligation also extends to providing statements of account. I enclose a £1 cheque in payment of the statutory fee.

In addition please supply a true copy of the deed of assignment

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

In the meantime please be aware that I consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Yours faithfully

Suggested I write to DCA requesting copy of credit agreements along with copies of deeds of assignment. Where can I find template letters for this action? I wish to notify DCA both my a/cs are in dispute. Anyone help?

OK. Sorry just found info from Tamadus!

Link:

FAQ

:D

I have just prepared my letter to DCA (Equidebt). Need reassurance to send. Can I have a shove, pse? Was suggested to me thay I may be able to claim charges beyond Dec 2000 (my 6-year limit date). Further checked my diary for all 2000 and have recorded charges totalling £853.50. I have no statements for this period. Can I request copies from Woolwich? This makes a grand total of £5247.00 in illegal charges against account. On 14 Nov 2001 Equidebt made contact (I then said I did not agree debt (on phone) and by letter. Was frightened by them into making repayment schedule starting 21 Nov 2001 (£20.00pm.) This along the line has been increased to £30.00pm with much agro. They continue to want payments further increased. Equidebt have since bought both a/cs. One is closed Woolwich current a/c; the second is Woolwich personal loan a/c.

Would really appreciate further guidance. :sad:

Link:

FAQ