HELP! time to send preliminary app.letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI everyone!

I got a copy of all my statements from the past six years and i'm ready to send the preliminary approach letter. I have around £212 pounds in unfair charges. Not too much...i'm hoping they will eventually decide to pay me the full amount as going to court would be more expensive!

I have been doing some more reading and i see that i have to send a copy of the completed schedule of charges spreadsheet. Where do i get that? I guess sending a highlighted (where i have been charged) copy of my statemens won't be any good? Also, i don't understand about interests. I have been a student until recently so i was never charged any interest for using my overdraft. I'm assuming i shouldn't claim any interests? It's just that i've read something about calculating 8% APR. To be honest i don't know what that is. Any help?

And one last question.... Where should i send this letter? I have this address:

Natwest, 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR . Is that any good?

Sorry to be asking so many questions. I find all this very confusing and i don't want to do anything wrong or they won't take me seriously!

Leonor:confused: :confused:

Hi Leonor.

You will find spreadsheet templates by clicking this link.....

Just download the one that best suits your purpose.

You are entitled to reclaim any interest that has been charged on the penalty charges levied on your account. This will be shown on your statements as a debit interest entry. Just enter it on to the spreadsheet from your statements. This will only represent a small part of your total claim and a lot of users don't bother.

Contractual interest on the other hand is much higher and more complicated, but if you are interested (pardon the pun) then do a site search for "contractual interest" and you will find the info.

When you have completed your spreadsheet, print it out and send a copy with your letter as your schedule of charges.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

HI everyone!

I got a copy of all my statements from the past six years and i'm ready to send the preliminary approach letter. I have around £212 pounds in unfair charges. Not too much...i'm hoping they will eventually decide to pay me the full amount as going to court would be more expensive!

I have been doing some more reading and i see that i have to send a copy of the completed schedule of charges spreadsheet. Where do i get that? I guess sending a highlighted (where i have been charged) copy of my statemens won't be any good? Also, i don't understand about interests. I have been a student until recently so i was never charged any interest for using my overdraft. I'm assuming i shouldn't claim any interests? It's just that i've read something about calculating 8% APR. To be honest i don't know what that is. Any help?

And one last question.... Where should i send this letter? I have this address:

NatWest, 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR . Is that any good?

Sorry to be asking so many questions. I find all this very confusing and i don't want to do anything wrong or they won't take me seriously!

Leonor:confused: :confused:

Hi leonor,

Every penny counts so claim back the max , its your money that they have taken !

Have you considered claiming the contractual rate of interest ?

The inerest that you mentioned is the 8% stat interest that is applied at court stage, that gets added on daily until they pay up !

Contractual interest is compounded daily from when you send your pre-lim so can make a substantial difference to your claim.

Have a look in Vamps chambers for the co

ntractual interest spready and pop your charges onto it and see your claim grow !

I am so useless at this type of thing figures, computers etc so I cant post you any links( i need to learn !) but if you go into 'search' and key in contractual interest it will bring Bankfodders thread up.

Their are loads of really helpful peeps on there who really know their stuff and will be able to answer your questions (read the thread from post 1 tho)

I'm still a newbie to all this and dont want to give you any bad advice so just spreading the word and pointing you in the right direction !:)

The Bishopgate addi is fine. Dont forget to send it recorded.

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

For more information on spreadsheets with interest, click on this link. Ot was started by the "Queen of Spreadsheets", Vampiress.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/6964-spreadsheet-interest.html

It's a long thread but I think it will help you.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....