Debt written off due to Carers Allowance?

davey77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, until i got the letter from mbna they had been 'communicating' with me directly with no mention of Link so assume the date on the letter is the point at which i have been sold on - the 8th May. Interestingly the exact day that MBNA default for failure to comply with the CCA.

Not sure what to do. Write a strong letter to MBNA telling them their actions of selling on the debt while the account is in dispute are illegal OR start another CCA request with Link. hmmm

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the moment i will continue with the MBNA route. I did receive a personal 'apology' from Assistant Vice President MBNA a while back regarding the amount of calls i was receiving and as a consequence GVI inc was taken off the case. I certainly heard nothing from them after that.

I will try writing again to the same Guy and will state that selling the debt on while in dispute is illegal etc. I'll post the letter here first! ;)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Does anyone know the relevent section of the Consumer Credit Act that is concerned with selling on debt to a third party once the account is in dispute (non CCA compliance.) ?

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I have also just noticed that the account number on the letter stating the debt had been sold on is NOT MINE. The first 6 numbers are the same but the rest of them does not relate to the 2 cards i have with MBNA at all!?

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hows this:

To,

"Stuart Johnson

Assistant Vice President - MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Customer Assistance Department

PO BOX 30

Chester

CH4 9FD

Dear Mr. Johnson,

I am writing to inform you personally of a serious breach of the Consumer Credit act 1974 namely, that while MBNA are currently in Default of a CCA request on the above accounts (the 12 day limit being passed without compliance), any debt cannot be enforced or sold on until the CCA is complied with in full.

To clarify:

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Chapter 39)

S.77

(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)--

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

I received a letter today from MBNA stating that the alleged debt has been sold to a third party. Namely, Link Financial-Lin. This in itself is an unlawful act under the Consumer Credit Act. A debt cannot be sold to a third party if the account is in dispute.

Also the account number at the top of the recent letter from MBNA informing me that the alleged debt was sold to Link Financial-Lin is not a number I am aware of or recognise.

I therefore require that the selling of this alleged debt be revoked immediately and a properly executed agreement for both accounts be supplied to me within 14 days of receipt of this letter otherwise i will have no recourse but to report this breach to the Office of Fair Trading, Trading Standards, The Information Commissioner's Office and the BBC Watchdog program.

If you are unable to comply with the CCA requests then I ask that you confirm this to me in writing to the above address.

Yours sincerely, me"

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I now put this at the top of all my correspondence: ;)

NOTICE OF DEFAULT - CCA

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Nothing new to report... just sitting back and waiting now. At least it's sunny out again! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

ok.. this morning i have a reply from MBNA re the CCA's...

Dear Mr x,

Thank you for your recent request; I can confirm the following are enclosed;

A copy of the Original Credit Card Application

Terms and Conditions

Please note; the account ************* was sold to link Financial on 07 May 2007. If you neeed anymore information please contact them on 0800 ... .....

So, i have a date now when one out of the 2 two debts with MBNA was sold and the 7th of May is (i believe) one day before the 12 working day limit on the CCA request. Can they still sell the debt legally up to that date? I would have thought that as soon as they are in receipt of the CCA request that they have to supply that technically?

Anyway, The docs they sent are different that the others i have been given by other creditors and seem odd to me. Reconstituted i think is the word and i don't recognise there format from what i may have signed originally. I will work on getting them on photobucket today....

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA2.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA3.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA4.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA5.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA6.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA7.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA8.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA9.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA10.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA11.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA12.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/MBNA13.jpg

After some painful reviewing i realised they have tried to send CCA's for both cards in some way at least. So, ok..

The points i want to raise about this are:

1. Although the letter states "the following are enclosed; a Copy of the Original Credit Card APPLICATION" doc.1 says at the top "credit card agreement.."

2. Although doc. 2 & 3 refer to £25 charges etc doc.7 refers to the £12 charge which was introduced last year.

3. I applied for 'card 1' Oct 2005 and 'card 2' July 2006 but the date on doc.4 is March 2006! Also on doc.4 there is only a 'tick' in the box. Surely dispite the wording "I confirm that the tick in this box is a valid means of establishing the authenticity and integrity of my signature to this agreement", this cannot be acceptable?

3. My credit limit is £1000 on card 2 (as shown on doc.12) but on the reverse of doc.6 where someone has scribbled the account number at the bottom of the page, it states "credit limit £5000" (doc.11). This refers to card 1 whose actually credit limit was £5300.

This is all very confusing and my head is spinning!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

These doc's don't comply with your CCA request. They are not your a properly executed agreement They are an application & not an 'agreement'

yes, i am of that opinion too. I think i will just reply with the usual 'you haven't complied' letter rather than go through all the detail and inacuracies of it all with them.

Certainly seems many debtors are being given these sorts of replies of this sort which suggests 90% of creditors just don't have the properly executed agreements!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

A letter this morning from Blair, Oliver & Scott Ltd instructed by HALIFAX to recover the outstanding debt. Haven't heard from Halifax since the CCA request so going to write to both informing Halifax that they are now going to be reported to (everybody i can think of) and to B,O,Scott to tell them that Halifax are in default of the CCA!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

A letter this morning from Blair, Oliver & Scott Ltd instructed by HALIFAX to recover the outstanding debt. Haven't heard from Halifax since the CCA request so going to write to both informing Halifax that they are now going to be reported to (everybody i can think of) and to B,O,Scott to tell them that Halifax are in default of the CCA!

Hi Davey, that's the way to go, make sure you when you write to Blair, Oliver & Scott you put the words "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY".

Haven't received your MBNA stuff yet, did you forget to post young man??!!:rolleyes:

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Davey, that's the way to go, make sure you when you write to Blair, Oliver & Scott you put the words "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY".

Haven't received your MBNA stuff yet, did you forget to post young man??!!:rolleyes:

Seeing as it's the Halifax you might like to include this:

Mirror.co.uk - News - Top Stories - STALKED BY MY BANK

icon10.gif

Hi there...

Yes thanks.. i'll put that sentence in now! awww sorry corn.. didn't forget about the paperwork.. half printed it off and will get it in the post tomorrow. :D

wow... Penuriosus... wish i had had that kind of info to throw at MBNA when i was getting 8 calls a day - before i changed my phone number that is!;) -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I wrote to the ICO as their download form had at the top "only fill this out if your complaint relates to the Consumer Credit Act 1998". This was their reply:

Dear Mr x

Thank you for your correspondence dated 6th May 2007, regarding complaints against credit card lenders.

The Information Commissioner is a UK independent supervisory authority reporting directly to the UK Parliament. The Commissioner enforces and oversees the Data Protection Act 1998 within the United Kingdom and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 within England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Unfortunately this is not something which our office would be able to take a complaint about as we do not oversee the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You should make your complaints to the Office of Fair Trading. Their contact details are below-

Enquiries Unit

The Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London EC4Y 8JX

Tele: 08457 224499

Web: The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Email: [email protected]

I am sorry that we cannot be of any assistance to you but I hope that this information is useful to you.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah Cookson

Customer Services Team

The Information Commissioners Office

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

2 letters from MBNA:

Dear Mr x

NOTICE OF INTENTION TO SELL THE BALANCE ON THE ACCOUNT

As you are aware MBNA has continued to assist you (YOU WHAT?!) during this time of financial difficulty by taking the following actions on your account:

1.Suppression of all fees

2.Suppression of the monthly interest

This means that every payment received from you is reducing the outstanding balance. (NOT LIKELY.. I HAVEN'T PAID ANYTHING!) :D

However (THEY DO LIKE TO USE THE PHRASE 'HOWEVER' A LOT DON'T THEY!).. However, to assist you further we need you to increase your monthly repayments to prevent any further action from being taken to recover the outstanding balance. If you are unable to increase your payments, the following may happen;

1. the debt may be SOLD. (OH, CAPITAL LETTERS.. NOW THAT'S SCARY) ;)

2. You would no longer be an MBNA Customer. (REALLY? I'M SO HURT.)

3. The buyer may commence recovery of the debt. (AN UNENFORCEABLE DEBT YOU MEAN?)

A DEFAULT will register for SIX YEARS on your credit file at the end of the month. This will hinder your ability to gain ANY form of credit in the future. (CAPITAL LETTER AND BOLD TOO... EVEN MORE SCARY AIN'T IT?) :p

To prevent this happening, we need you to make an IMMEDIATE PAYMENT of £8.00. alternatively, contact MBNA on 0800 *** *** to discuss your future repayment plans.

Yours sincerely

Sally Moran (printed)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

and also....

Dear mr x,

Thank you for your recent communication. We are currently investigating your complain and will provide you with a full response by June 12, 2007.

In the mean time.. any further queries...etc etc

Steve bailey

head of customer advocate office

The letter i think they are refering to is this one sent 19th May:

Dear Madam,

I am in receipt of your correspondence in reply to my request for the Credit Card Agreements for the above accounts.

The documents that you are obliged to send me are to be true copies of the executed agreements under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77−79].

However, the documents that you have provided are non-compliant in relation to the above act.

I am also in receipt of recent letters from MBNA stating that one of alleged debts has been sold to a third party. Namely, Link Financial-Lin and another letter stating the other alleged debt is due to be sold at the end of this month.

MBNA were in possession of the CCA requests at the time this alleged debt was sold and had, at that time, not complied with the CCA request. This in itself is an unlawful act under the Consumer Credit Act as a debt cannot be sold to a third party if an account is in dispute.

I therefore require that the selling of this alleged debt be revoked immediately and a properly executed agreement for both accounts be supplied to me within 7 days of receipt of this letter otherwise I will have no recourse but to report this breach to the Office of Fair Trading, Trading Standards, The Information Commissioner's Office and the BBC Watchdog program.

If you are unable to comply with the CCA requests in full then I ask that you confirm this to me in writing to the above address.

Yours Sincerely, me

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding reporting the failure to comply with the CCA's to Trading Standards?

Their website consumer direct is useless and looks like it was made on playschool or bluepeter. Is there a downloadable form out their or on here to use?

If not what should i send? A letter stating the facts with timesscales and copies of letters and pop that in the post to TS?

Cheers!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Just emailed my local trading standards directly. Will report their response if and when i get it. (I emailed consumer direct 2 weeks ago and heard nothing from them.)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

HFC have now ignored my second request for the CCA after sending me an application form copy and have now passed the debt to DLRS who have sent the following bright yellow letter:

Dear mr x,

We have received instructions from the above named client (HFC Bank) to initiate formal debt collection proceedings for the unpaid debt as detailed above.

you must telephone our office within 72 hours to confirm the date on which full payment of the above balance will be made or make immediate payment via Debit or Credit Card.

If there is a genuine reason why you cannot settle this debt immediately please call me now on freephone 0800 *****.

Failure to make full payment may result in legal proceedings being issued, and additional costs being charged to you.

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter. We strongly recommend that you act on this immediately.

Recoveries Debt; Debt Litigation and Recovery Services

Birmingham

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

An orange envelope this morning. A telemessage (What ever that is.) I open it and it has my name and address at the top. Half way down on the right is the date (30th May, 2007) and near the bottom it says 'Please call Lee on 0870 240 5138". And that's it. I google the number.. it's Blair, Oliver and Scott! Thank googness for the internet otherwise i would have had no idea!

Interestingly on google there are lots of links are about B,O & S and they are all non too flattering. Seems they are a nasty bunch!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

When will all this end. :(

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

davey amongst the other 'tricks' is the postcard stating "we have a parcel for delivery please call so & so to arrange a convenient time to deliver".

Or "we are trying to contact the previous tenant. Please telephone **** if you can help".

However their greed always gives them away because they always provide a fee earning tel. no.

Thanks pliny! I will look out for those too then. I thought creditors themselves were sneaky but these DCAs are 10 time worse. I'll keep my wits about me and watch out for their tricks!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything