• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Newman and Cap1 debt

hayley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a debt with Capitol One, which has been taken on by Newman for £720, i only owed Capitol one around £200 but after charges for late payments the debt mounted up.

When i found this site i asked for the charges back and Capitol one said that they thought £12 was acceptable for charges and they would pay the difference back which was £200, stupid me agreed because i wasn't that familiar with claiming charges back. Capitol One said they would advise Newman of this.

Newman has not took the £200 off the debt and are still saying i owe £720 they were ringing me on a daily basis and i told them i refused to pay anything until they had took the £200 off. I then sent the harassment by telephone letter and received this letter back from them today.

Further to our recent attempts to contact via telephone. We suggest that you give this matter your immediate attention instead of attempting to avoid paying this debt. Capitol One agreed to give you credit on the agreement that this was repaid. You have failed to maintain your obligations to them.

We have little option but to recommend immediate court action is taken against you. This could result in papers being served which require your attendance in person at court. You will then be required to advise a court of law as to why you have failed to make payment and further more disregarded our and Capitol One’s attempts to discuss this matter in the hope of reaching an amicable solution.

Your blatant avoidance tactics have made all these attempts pointless, however a full record of all calls and letters to you can be provided to the necessary authorities in order to prove your actions and attitude are unacceptable.

We now suggest that you now deal with this matter in an adult manner by contacting us. You have 7 days to meet this request.

The way in which this debt will be dealt with in the future now rests in your hands.

I have never been rude to them, is there any way I can request a copy of the telephone calls and surely I should have been told if all the calls were being recorded. Also, I don’t know whether I should respond in writing if so does anyone have any suggestions on what to write.

Thanks in advance

Hayley

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them a CCA letter and a SAR. This should annoy them somewhat. They must prove that you owe this money. I would have thought that cos you got £200 from Capitol One that this would have wiped out the debt in the first place!! The rest of the money must be charges added on by the DCA. The SAR should give you details of this. Iw ould ahve thought that cos Capitol Ones charges, effectively cancelled the debt, then you shouldn't have to pay any more!

In the SAR , you should state that you want ALL information held, including all telephones calls.

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

You can certainly get the recordings or transcripts of these calls and do not worry with letters like that if it ever did go to court (which it won't) you can use that as evidence of harassment against you and claim for compensation.

Firstly you need to check that Newman have the right to chase this debt. Read some of the other threads and it will tell you how to do so. Once you have done this the debt is in dispute until they have provided the required information (original signed credit agreement etc). If they don't they can't chase the debt.

Secondly send Capital One and Newman a Subject Access Request for a copy of all statements. Highlight the charges and follow the guides many have posted to claim these back (the debt will also be in dispute at this point also). At this point I would also ask for all information regarding yourself including but not exclusive to transcripts, personnel information etc. You are fully entitled to this.

You may well find - and it sounds quite probable - that most if not all of the debt will be cleared once you have your charges back and remember no matter what they say by adding charges they have made you worse off and contributed to your ability not to keep up payments.

Dear Hayley,

I would send them the SAR (Subject Access Request) letter and they will have to send you all the information they hold on you. As they have told you that they make copies of telephone call you can ask for these as well - they will look fairly stupid if they then don't have them.

The SAR letter can be found in the Letter templates and you will need to send payment for £10.

You can also ask for a statement of account showing what you have paid and when, also it should show how they have reached their final figures.

It does apper to me that they are just trying to scare you so try not to get stressed. At the end of the day they are all blow and bluster with very little substance.

Hi all

Thank you so much for all your advice.

I dont know whether i made any sense, i have already sent the SAR to Capitol one, i had my statements off them and requested the chrages back. They then sent me a letter offering £200 which i accepted because i thought that i couldn't claim it all back. I know i only owed them £200 because that is all my credit limit was with them so the rest is interest and late payment charges. Do you mean i should send an SAR to Newman to see what they have on me if so shall i adapt the letter to ask for telephone transcripts and i may be being dull but what is a CCA letter?

Sorry to be a pest.

Hayley

A CCA letter is a letter that asks the creditor (the DCA) to forward you a copy of the original signed agreement (not application form) with Capitol One. It costs you £1 to send and the DCA must reply within 12 working days, otherwise they will default. After a further calendar month the debt is unenforceable and they cannot chase you for it without permission from the court.

When you send the SAR you must put in that you require all recorded telephone calls.

Spot

When you win, donate!!!

Nothing registered with Companies House

When you win, donate!!!

A CCA letter is a letter that asks the creditor (the DCA) to forward you a copy of the original signed agreement (not application form) with Capitol One. It costs you £1 to send and the DCA must reply within 12 working days, otherwise they will default. After a further calendar month the debt is unenforceable and they cannot chase you for it without permission from the court.

When you send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) you must put in that you require all recorded telephone calls.

Spot

Thank you so much, i will send that this afternoon. Who is companies House?

Companies House is the the official UK government register of UK companies. This company is on the register as Newman & Company Ltd.

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

Can you give me the full name and address of this newmwn debt collection Agency ...it looks to ma at first hand they are in deep deep trouble!

Sparkie1723

in deep deep trouble for what? please elaborate!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Right here we go.

Newman & Company Ltd

The Data Protection Act states that anyone obtaining and processing personal data of others must register with the ICO for a license to do so in the case of a Limited Company the address give on that license MUST/SHALL be that of its Registered Office

You will see from below that the registerd office given to Companies House is not the one given to the ICO on their license.

Therfore by being incorrectly registered and having failed to notify the ICO of the change of address within 28 days of change ( and I believe they've been there longer than 28 days) and as they are processing data incorrectly registered.... they are committing a CRIMINAL offence under the DPA.

Sparkie1723

Heres the details .........not so clever are they????

Sparkie1723

Name & Registered Office:

NEWMAN & COMPANY LIMITED

LIMEWOOD HOUSE

LIMEWOOD WAY

LEEDS

WEST YORKSHIRE LS14 1AB

Company No. 02641622

Registration Number: Z6626975

Date Registered: 01 May 2002 Registration Expires: 30 April 2007

Data Controller: NEWMAN & COMPANY LIMITED

Address:

8 GEMINI PARK

SHEEPSCAR WAY

LEEDS

LS7 3JB

Other Names:

NEWMAN DCA

NEWMAN & CO

This register entry describes, in very general terms, the personal data being processed by:

NEWMAN & COMPANY LIMITED

This register entry contains personal data held for 2 purpose(s)

Interesting...

also they don't have their place of registration nor their company number on their website as required by the new Companies House rules

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

Well maybe its time they were put in an awkward position by someone reporting these breaches?? ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Right here we go.

Newman & Company Ltd

The Data Protection Act states that anyone obtaining and processing personal data of others must register with the Information Commissioners Office for a license to do so in the case of a Limited Company the address give on that license MUST/SHALL be that of its Registered Office

You will see from below that the registerd office given to Companies House is not the one given to the Information Commissioners Office on their license.

Therfore by being incorrectly registered and having failed to notify the Information Commissioners Office of the change of address within 28 days of change ( and I believe they've been there longer than 28 days) and as they are processing data incorrectly registered.... they are committing a CRIMINAL offence under the Data Protection Act.

Sparkie1723

Hi Sparkie1723

Is there anything i can do then based on what you have said, mind i dont have a clue what it all means. I probably have got a letter from more thatn 28 days ago from them i will have a look at the address on there now.

Hayley

Hi Sparkie1723

Is there anything i can do then based on what you have said, mind i dont have a clue what it all means. I probably have got a letter from more thatn 28 days ago from them i will have a look at the address on there now.

Hayley

Yes, i have a letter dated 11 Dec 06 with address as Limewood House.

haley,

You can either write to Newman & Company tell them that you have become aware of the fact that they are incorrectly registered with the Information Commissioners Office as a data processor and that that by holding and processing your personal and financial information they are committing criminal offences under section 20 (1) of the Data Protection Act (failure to notify changes) and that you will give them 7 days to give you assurance IN WRITING that they have deleted the information about you from their data base and that it will not re-appear again on their data base, for any reason, otherwise you will have no choice but to report them to the Information Commissioners Office for non compliance of the ACT and thereby committing a criminal offence

Sparkie 1723

Hi Hayley

I am in the same position as you. £200 on a Cap One card, £600 charges, passed onto to Newman. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am trying to get my charges back plus a default removed from Cap One but Newmans, as you say, are chasing me and forever ringing me up. I have sent them a letter saying I will pay them a token £1 per month until my claim is settled with Cap One. Must say this extra bit of info from Sparkey is really interesting.

Hi Hayley

I am in the same position as you. £200 on a Cap One card, £600 charges, passed onto to Newman. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am trying to get my charges back plus a default removed from Cap One but Newmans, as you say, are chasing me and forever ringing me up. I have sent them a letter saying I will pay them a token £1 per month until my claim is settled with Cap One. Must say this extra bit of info from Sparkey is really interesting.

Hi Notty

Just wrote a letter to Newman basically saying what Sparky had said i took it straight to the post box. As soon i hear anything i will let you know.

Hayley

i was in the same position.

Capital One limit £200, balance owing £420 when they sent it to Newman.

Letter from Newman £819 ???

That was a few years ago. Now have Lowell chasing the £819. Done a CCA.

Hayley, I will be sending them the same sort of letter. They chase me on the phone and are really rude. I told them not to phone and there response 'Well Ive phoned you', when I say I wont talk to them they said 'Why dont your lips work'. The main one is a guy named Ali he phoned me 11 times in just over 6 minutes once !. They are by far the worst I have dealy with. I told them this morning that they are breaking the Data Protection Act as they do not have permission to process my data and they said 'yes we do'. They do have convincing arguments ha ha. Cant wait till they receive this letter.