debitas/capital one

twiga
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what started out as a small debt of £400 has nearly doubled due to late payment charges and interest on interest I have received a threatening phone call from debitas as I have altered their payment date from the beginning of the monthe to the end of the month I can't see what their problem is as they are still getting monthly payments just the same. The guy I spoke to was very intimidating. I must have opaid the original debt back a hundred times now and I feel I am just adding to debitas/capital ones profit which I can ill afford to do I thought I would start by asking debitas to only contact me by letter incidently they have never sent me a statement so I am unaware how much I actualluy owe now and then contacting capital one and ask them to take the debt back from debitas. Is this the right thing to do.:(

Hi again, Twiga.

Glad you've found the Debts forum.

Hopefully now you can start getting this sorted out.

Spot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

what a load of so and sos. fire off a sar to the dca. sit back watch and relax.

then post back here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Thanks but I am new to all of this I know what a sar is but who or what is the DCA and how I go about contacting them please point me in the right direction and also should I contact capital one and get them to retrieve my account from debitas as i am in dispute with them over the charges?

DCA = Debt Collection Agency.

Send the CCA letter to Debitas and also inform them that the debt is in dispute due to unlawful charges.

Send the SAR to Capital One and get all your statements off them. Start the claim for the charges.

Debitas may send the debt back to Capital One, it depends whether they have bought the debt from Capital One or are just acting for them. The SAR you send to Capital One should provide you with this info.

If they are just acting for Capital One, they will probably send the debt back to Capital One.

Also while the debt is in dispute, you can stop paying them. Whether or not you do this is entirely up to you.

Also, send the harassment by telephone letter to Debitas. I posted the link to this for you on another thread.

Send these letter off and earn some breathing space from these muppets!

Let us know if you get any replies or need any further help.

Spot

When you win, donate!!!

PS Also send a SAR to Debitas. You need to send £10 with this request, but you must state in the letter that it must not be applied to your account. This should force Debitas to send you all the info they have on you, including a statement of account.

Spot

When you win, donate!!!

Thanks for all that info its been a great help I spoke to Debitas yesterday to ask for their postal address and they would'nt give it to me unless I agreed to pay them £20.0 so I can pay them at the end of the month instead of at the beginning . I will kleep you posted thanks again.

Hi, Debitas are part of Cap1. They haven't bought the debt therefore you should be aware if they threaten you with court action etc they are breaking the law. Capital 1 are responsible for their actions while they are trying to collect a debt that still belongs to them.

Expect the debt to cross over to CapQuest and then over to HL Legal who will try to scare you again with court charges etc....

Follow the procedures on this site and start a court claim for your charges. Once the SAR is sent the account is in dispute and you don't need to pay anything while this is happening.

Read everything in the templates area and follow the rules and you will reduce the debt considerably and annoy them at the same time.

Have you been defaulted? If so did you get a default notice? I am currently (just starting again) trying to round up people for a mass complaint against Cap1. They have some very bad practices which could come back to kick them in the rear.

Good luck and don't worry or be intimidated. It's an unsecured debt and they are more worried about you paying it back than you should be about paying it. If you are paying what you can afford then no Judge in the country will make you pay less so there is nothing Debitas can do.

• Haha 1

Hi thanks for all that I wish I had found this site sooner. Yes they did issue me with a default notice and yes they scare me witless they also make me angry because the people you speak to at debitas treat you like **** and are very arrogant, they talk over you which I find very frustrating. I really hope by following everything I have learnt I can kick them back.

hi there all

l too have just received a letter from DEBITAS I have sent my S.A.R. L.B.A. had two offers and refused them now this please help what can l do/ also sent two letters for harrassment they even said they was stopping the phone calls but they still phone. I even had a letter from MR UDY to comfirm that i wouldnt get any more calls but still do. This is really starting to worry me now they have even put a DEFAULT on my file HELP PLEASE ANYBODY?

load of so and debitas cap one etc. you might even be lucky as you may get brian carter and co solicitors chasing you for the lega rubbish etc. Backed off when they recieved the sar.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Or H L Legal. Go see my thread on them.

In the Capital One Forum I have fired up the thread for a mass complaint again. Pop over and join in. But above all don't panic. There is very little they can apart from being a nuisance....

Sonya, did you get a default notice before you were defaulted? I don't mean a letter saying we are going to default you but a proper notice?

hi there blackrain

had a letter from cap one called STATEMENT OF DEFAULT ON 15/1/07 enclosed with letter from DEBITAS. What i carnt seem to understand is l am claiming for 2 acounts and they have only replyed on one of my accounts. As for this MR UDY well he seems to be running rings round me one minuite he is asking for payments now he,s sent this?

Had phone call from Debitas refused to speak to them as I have sent a letter requesting they only contact me by phone, which they say they never got. They then said they would proceed with court action. How can they do this when I am paying them 72.50 a month and all I wanted to do was to change the date the money went out of my bank. can anything be done about these people and more importantly whaT CAN i DO.

Guest Battleaxe

Just keep writing back to them with your request to change the date. If you are paying, it wont stand up too well in court and if you have the documentation to prove what you are trying to do, the judge will take that into consideration. I am fed up with Capital One their practices. they never deliver what they say.

Have you started action to get those charges back and have sent the letter saying the account is in dispute?

They will keep threatening court action to scare you. Stand firm and demand that they take notice and supply you with the details.

No judge will be impressed with a company taking you to court when you are already paying. I'm sending my complaints off on Wednesday re Cap1 to FOS and Banking Code. Send a complaint too. They are responsible for Debitas actions. The more complaints then the more likely something will happen. I honestly believe Cap1 are the most unprofessional jokers I have ever dealt with. Absolutely shambolic.

Get your action started against them though because at least you will put everything in dispute although Cap1 don't understand what that means!

Also one other thing. Debitas can't initaiate court action. They don't own the debt.

Thanks everyone for your help Im sending Debitas another letter re phone calls and also one to Cap 1 asking for copies of my statements and I shall send both recorded delivery. To anyone out there like me who feel intimidated by Debitas don't be they are just a load of muppets.

Cap one talk a load of bo****** on the phone. Anyway stick in tight and watch them squirm.