I didn't write one letter and I received over 2/3 of my charges back

milliemoo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I phoned customer service and asked who I should call to speak to about my bank charges and I was then put through to customner complaints...

they obviously have a standard procedure.. I asked ( sounding as friendly as possible I may add).. how I could go about claiming my charges back. The woman was very helpful and said she could log the complaint over the phone and that i would hear something in ten days. 3 days later I received an offer letter. i had had no details of my charges which the woman said would automatically be sent to me si I called her back. She could now tell me what my total charges were. I told her I did not want to accept the offer and she asked whay I wanted. I told her a figure and she said I would hear back from the other department. 2 days later I received a higher offer, not what i had asked for but it was an amount I was happy with. i simply had to fax back a signed form (I could have posted it but I prefered to fax then call to check she received it!) The money was put into my account the next day. Overall, a very good service. i had stated from the beginning that I did not want to close my account with them and they said they would not ask me to do so. Th only thing i have noticed since the payment is that they will not let me go a penny over my limit which they have let me do for years. never mind, it's probably for the best!! good luck...= my whole process took a week and no letters.

Well done!!

(But they still have 1/3 of YOUR money)

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

Did they ask for confidentiality in the offer letter?

How do you know the amount of charges they said you had been charged was the correct figure?

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

• 2 years later...

How do you work out what is owed? Please excuse me if I appear dim. I have a number of issues on the go and suffer with severe pain and my meds make me so tired - mentally I'm on a go slow:-(!!!

Appreciate any help - thanks in advance.

seeker27

Hi Seeker,

What bank(s) are you talking about. You can start a thread to discuss your case in the appropriate forum.

To find out what charges you can reclaim, if you don't have bank statements for the last 6 years, send the bank a SAR with the £10 fee.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi MillieMoo,

Are you happy with the amount refunded - if so, Congratulationsand well done.

If you want the rest back, you'll need to write to the bank reclaiming the balance they have NOT refunded. Enclose an SOC.

Read the Reclaim Guide in Link No1 in my signature below.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)