• Tweets

• There have been significant developments today, and unfortunately, they are not good.   Firstly, myself and other people that have looked at and contributed to this thread would have assumed that Lowell would have discontinued, after taking it right to the wire, however, this appears not to be the case.  It looks like they are going for it big style.   Secondly, I was reading the threads last night, a credit agreement exactly the same as mine was taken to Court and a Judge said it was enforceable and the defendant lost the case.  That knocked the stuffing out of me quite a lot.   Thirdly, and most seriously, I was having a word with my line manager at work (who is also a good friend) this afternoon.  He told me (off the record) that I was putting my job at risk if I lose the case.  Apparently, anyone who gains a CCJ is duty bound to declare it and disciplinary proceedings will follow.  I do not work in the financial sector where I know this is commonplace, but I work with confidential and sensitive information and was told that my employer will think that I am vulnerable to bribery and corruption.  Apparently they will take defaults into account, (I did have a couple of defaults when I first started), but a CCJ is a big no no.  I did not know this as I would not have let things get anywhere near this far.  I was told to get this sorted ASAP.  My stress and anxiety levels are now through the roof.   How I wished now I had just arranged that damn Tomlin Order with them a couple of weeks ago.  If I knew then, what I know now, it would have been a "no brainer".  I do not want to gamble with my job. Where I live, jobs are very hard to find.  I could end up jobless and homeless for just one "appointment" with the Judge.  I simply cannot take the risk.   So where do I go from here?  Is it too late to go for the Tomlin Order as the hearing is on Friday.  It would solve all of my problems at the moment and help me keep my job and my home.    I have no savings, no property and my reasonable expenditure is just about my income, so they could not get much out me.  Perhaps £10 a month is the maximum I could afford.  I feel now I have burnt my boats and I am at their mercy.  I absolutely hate them with a passion.  But I also hate myself, as I should have researched fully the consequences of my job.   Is there any way I can sort this mess out before it's too late?  Any ideas would be most welcome.  
    • Did you sign a personal guarantee? Have you a copy of the ccj? is it in your name or the ltd company name?   https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=Limited company ccj&oq=Limited company ccj&gs_l=partner-generic.12...23159.34137.0.36634.19.19.0.0.0.0.308.4270.0j3j15j1.19.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.10977j7667391j19...1j4.34.partner-generic..19.0.0.OY00NBTWR3U
    • Thanks dx100uk  ....  Thought not, but just checked to be sure and no neither one used ...  A parking/penalty slip, and in just the above post only.
    • Admiral probably won't offer near £3600. They are most likely to offer lower end of value shown in Glasses guide. Then you will have the excess deducted from the amount.   Always up to policyholder to negotiate the market value by providing evidence of similar cars for sale locally. Details of condition of the car pre accident etc.    Depending on the damage you can always get a local garage or AA/RAC to carry out an inspection and report on damage/costs of repair. But they may charge you and the Insurers won't cover costs of your inspection report.   Insurers don't mess around with repairs over a certain value, as can be a pain, as they would be liable for more repairs if policyholder unhappy after initial repair or damage was missed.   The £100 injury cover i thought was not cover for actual injury. I thought this was cover if you incurred costs due to be injured e.g. ambulance call charge.    Cannot really criticise Admiral as what you have been told by them appears to be correct. Unfortunately most people don't realise how Insurance works until they need to claim.
  • Our picks

livelylad

RBS List of ALL CHARGES from 1993.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4332 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I emailed Miss Yvonne Williams ( Nov 06) at RBS Customer Relations asking for a complete list of all charge amounts from 1993 to the present day. She has just sent it to me I hope the format is ok if not suggestions please. Also I have an account with Barclays which I shall now do the same. Anyone else with the other banks?

attachment.php?attachmentid=164&d=1170765929

rbs.jpg

RBS.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Guest NATTIE

Lively- me thinks we have em sussed.(About time too on the charges as well:D )

Nice Job! This is going to be well useful.

Do you think she could get you the history of Royalties/Gold/Premier fees also? :D

Ok I will try.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

why the hell have these charges gone up so much?? :confused::mad:

Because they are greedy and just want our money.

Just joined, and still working out what I can claim, I have charges on my account for going over my agreed overdraft virtually every month, and it is the charge from the previous month that ususally causes it !, when I get my statement, the charge is a total of £40, made up of £28 maintenance fee, and a £12 fee, which is because the account is a royalties account. Should i highlight all these occurances, but only claim the £28 ?

Hey lively,

Could you get Barclaycards as they just sent me a letter saying the only introduced charges as from early 2001. I think diffferent but cant prove at the moment.

Would be a great help.

Tanz

LL, the pic seems to be missing? Is it me or everyone??

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Damn them goblins

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Does anyone have a copy of these charges? I cannot see them anywhere in this thread?

Thanks

Clemo

ok we will get it fixed.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can answer this one. My OH had an account with RBS. It was a Royalties premier account. How much then was the service charge for this account. The Charges taken out on the same day every month are up and down like a brides nighty. Ranging from five to forty three pound. The five pound charges are from 2001 then going up to 15 then up to 43 2005. We are in process of claiming back charges but not sure how much of this is account servicing. Thank you xxxx

The service charges are made up of overdraft charges, will include royalties monthly charges and can include other charges. For help on how to break these down, have a look at this thread I have produced.

Hi there,

Are we entitled to a refund on gold/premier account charges ?

sandy ann:)

Not the charges they hit you with for the privilege of having a royalties account, no. eg you can't claim the monthly £15 they charge you for a premier account.

Sandy posts 18 and 19 (just above yours) answer this question.....

HMM.... just for info, Have just got an offer for settlement on my royalties gold and I claimed back, amongst everything else, overdraft arrangment fees. They seem to be offering these back..

RBS have just started to charge me with something I have never seen before:-

CHG GTEE CARD PYMT FEE - £35.00

This is because one of my cheques (guaranteed) was presented to them when there were insufficient funds in my account.

Has anyone claimed these charges back before?

31/07/06 - PL sent to Halifax to claim back £606.09

04/09/06 - Claim for £854.40 issued against Halifax.

06/09/06 - PL sent to RBS to claim back £577.55

09/09/06 - HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL !! :grin:

14/09/06 - Response to PL from RBS - No Deal!

15/09/06 - LBA sent to RBS

04/10/06 - No response to LBA, so MCOL to RBS submitted.

10/10/06 - MCOL acknowledged by RBS

"I started with nothing, and still have most of it left".