• Tweets

• we dont get N157 because its new OCMC but no court dont have evidence either.   Just seems a bit of a pointless wait but oh well
    • Post #9 suggested some options to avoid or put off having a smart meter. Post #12 a simple solution to your complaint about the ay they handle fixed monthly DD. It's not really clear why you posted if you're going get irate when members "jump in" with suggestions. You can see what I'm referring to on "gasracker.uk" to allay your suspicion that I was lying in Post #16 which was made to correct ther misinformation shown in your Post #15
    • Back to octopus from the smart meter/tariff salesperson. Octopus have now said just ignore the letter - I dont have to have one despite there letter implying (at least) it was required, but that i will HAVE to have a smart meter if current meters stop working as 'their suppliers dont supply non smart meters any more'. They also say they do not/will not disable any smart functionality when they fit a smart meter I am of course going to challenge that. Thats their choice of meter fitter/supplier problem not mine
    • Point taken that we should inform new Caggers that the £20 option is there in wrong registration cases.  Well, supposedly there, who knows what the PPCs would do in practice.  Anyway, the option is allegedly there with both the BPA as you say, but also the IPC (I've just checked). However, there's a danger here of baby, bathwater. The two easiest types of cases to win are (a) residential - due to Supremacy of Contract and (b) wrong registration - due to "de minimis".  Indeed until recently we has been boasting that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing. We simply can do nothing about a terrible judge.  The judge seems - I say seems because we haven't had all the details - to have ignored "de minimis",. got fixated on a sign and awarded unreasonable behaviour costs.  A totally bizarre judgement.
    • You mean your witness statement 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Redsonja Vs Cap 1 - ***WON with CI***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul. Im not quite at that stage now sorry as I have had to send a revised LBA to Cap 1 today as the interest rate I quoted initially was too low.

Try this thread, bit of a long read but if the info isnt there Im sure people will be able to help you on this one. Good Luck with it!

Contractual Interest

Uk - It certainly does and it will feel even better when Ive kicked their A*s*s :D

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter dated 12th Feb and I only got it today (21.02) saying they are writing back to me out of courtesy as already sent final response and offer of £120 wont increase! Oh yeah! well it will when it gets to court Mr Udy!

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

lmao doo! I just replied on your thread!

Ive gotta do some readin up now for court stage but hope to do it asap.

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Hi Sonja, I'm obviously a few weeks behind you, but thought I'd "tag" onto yours to prepare myself for my future developments...good luck with the claim :)

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Yo Brad, cheers. It seems that the strategy from Capital 1 is the same across the board so doubt you will find any surprises.

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Received a letter dated 12th Feb and I only got it today (21.02) saying they are writing back to me out of courtesy as already sent final response and offer of £120 wont increase! Oh yeah! well it will when it gets to court Mr Udy!

Standard tactic from "Cr@p One Out" keep going not long now, they will bottle it and cough up.

Thanks Tanz.....just reading up on the court info as this will be the 1st one I have filed....and no doubt many more to follow!

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Yes I thought that thanks. Do you know where there POC details regarding CCI?

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Hope this helps:

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant has an account XXXXXXXX ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around **/**/****.

2. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimants contend that:

a) The charges debited to the Account, as outlined in the attached schedule, are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit. In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable under The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 section 15. The Defendant has declined to justify the charges.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999) paragraph 8 and schedule 2(1)(e), The Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 section 4 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimants claim:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £XXXX and interest charged thereon in the sum of £XXX.XX;

b) Court costs;

c) the additional costs incurred by the Claimant in the writing and sending of letters to the Defendant pursuant to this claim in the sum of £XX, as set out in the attached list of costs.

d) the Claimant claims contractual interest at a rate of **.**%, from the date of each transaction to (date of claim issue) of £XXX, as set out in the attached list of charges. The claimant further claims interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment, at a daily rate of £X.XX per day.

The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest payable on unauthorised drawings from the account. We hold that this applies to unauthorised drawings by the Defendant as well as to unauthorised drawings by the Claimant. Should the court deem this incorrect, the Claimant claims the rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on the Defendant’s unauthorised overdraft interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

Should the court find that this interest rate is not applicable, then in the alternative the Claimants claim contractual interest at a rate of **.*%, from the date of each transaction to (date of claim issue) of £XXX.XX, as set out in the attached list of charges. The Claimant further claims interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment, at a daily rate of £X.XX per day.

The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest payable on authorised drawings from the account. We hold that this applies to authorised drawings by the Defendant as well as to unauthorised drawings by the Claimant. Should the court deem this incorrect, the Claimant claims the rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on the Defendant’s authorised overdraft interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

Should the court find that this interest rate is not applicable, then in the alternative the Claimants claim interest under Section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum calculated from ************* to ***********, which is £XX.XX and continuing until payment or the date of judgement at a daily rate of £X.XX.

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true.

Signed:

Date:

redsonja, how are things? Have you submitted your claim yet if not when are you due to start proceedings. Am also hunting for a POC and am reading above, some bits do not apply ie unauthorised rate, as I am not claiming that, think I am right.

Hey Doo....nice to hear from you.

I was due to file ages ago!!!! I was hanging on due to the turn in tide with contractual :( but have decided I am still going to go for it...worse case scenario.....judge says I cant have it :rolleyes: .......I am going to do a back up of charges to show the charges and the actual amount of extra interest I paid to this account due to these charges.

I have been scouting around for POCs and only just noticed Tanz has posted this on here (notification emails seem to be going a bit funny lately!) anyway....thanks Tanz for the POCs (sorry for the delay in thanking you).

It does look as though some of this refers to a bank account rather than Credit card so I have picked out some from here and some from Rouge's thread.

Im hoping to get it all done and then take it to court on Monday. Watch this space! Lets bombard them together doo! :D

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

I sometimes have trouble with e-mail notification but when I check notification some are weekly, so now I just checks list now and then and make sure they are instant. Anyway, I really like Rouge's POC, but I need to add a bit about the default as well so will need to add to this. Also am trying to find the para that Rouge did not use 'unduly enriched' just wanted to read this, have had no luck tracking this down but have sent a pm to Bong.

Hey doo, did you find the paragraph you were looking for?

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Stick with it guys once the county court notice MCOL etc. have been served on Cap One they will initially respond indicating that they intend to defend the claim- Don't worry this is a standard response and they will settle in full within a matter of weeks. Good luck guys and lets get more results for the good guys.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes, sarah has posted me a link on her thread, will be looking at it later, I have had company since Friday evening and they have only just gone, I now have withdrawal symptons from not using this site since early Friday.

Cheers Neathboy....I was supposed to post my N1 today but like a dosey mare I left the schedule of charges on the side...doh! It will defo go Monday though!

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Withdrawal symptoms doo???!! are you mad? lol.

My poor little ones have been rather neglected lately so I cant wait to get this done and dusted as it seems to have dragged on for ages. I think once we file one claim any others will be pretty plain sailing....I hope!

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Your right Sonjia once you've been sucessful with one it does give you the confidence to go ahead with another . I did my first one against Alliance and Leicester and was nervous about what i was doing all along but when you get that letter saying that they willl settle in full its a great feeling knowing that you were right and the BIG GUNS were wrong. Good luck get that N1 posted ASAP.;-) ;-)

Ok Boss :D

Its in envelope, ready to go Monday morning!

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Hi redsonja, have only just managed to get back on here, I see you are all ready for Monday, I have the house to myself in the morning so will get to it too, I can concentrate more then. Which POC did you use, was it the one Tanz has posted up for you?

Hey dooby doo.

I used the one Bong posted on Rouges thread and slightly changed the odd bit as Tanz refers to unathorised etc so I will refer to this when I do my Halifax claim.

I have 2 other claims ready to file for court and I was going to do them tonight to get them out of the way but unbelievably my printer has just run out of ink.....that'll be all the work it has been doing lol.

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital