Mr Man vs Barclay's

Mr Man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it a hearing is entirely different to 'my day in court' i.e. an actual court date?

No the hearing date is your court date, unless the Notice is for a Directions Hearing. The Notice should give you a date (usually14 days prior to hearing) when your Court Bundle has to be submitted by.

Just going through my court bundle and wondered if someone would take a look over my first page, I've added a couple of bits to it and would welcome any criticism. The two added bits are printouts from the links given in the bundle, i.e. the early day motion and the OFT's action on credit card default charges. The last bit is where I've added printouts of the mail news articles.

This is what it looks like http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3503/10918453ib2.jpg

Mr Man, I personally don't recommend ringing Barclays. If you have the patience the money will come to you in the end, If, however, you feel you want to then I understand that Welshman's thread gives some advice on when and how. Good Luck.

Sorry, Mr Man, missed that bit. Barclays were going to put payment in my current account, I told them 'no, I want a cheque'. The said ok. They did say that if I wanted payment to another bank then that would be a problem for them and take longer. Don't know why? (or maybe they just don't like other banks knowing they coughed up!):)

List of contents looks fine to me, Mr Man. I put in the early day motion and OFT pieces too, but left it at that. My personal opinion is that banks are still not ready to face someone in court yet and to that end you may as well stick to the basic court bundle because you very likely will not need to go to court. The act of sending a bundle in the required time will cover you with the court and I don't really believe, in these early days, that the bank gives a sh*t what you put in the bundle because by the time it gets to that stage they know they are gonna pay you anyway!

Things may change later, but for now I believe you should do enough to cover yourself but don't go fretting over frilly extras that are not yet necessary.

I repeat: This is my personal opinion. More experienced claimers may disagree.

That's great Luddolube, thanks for your help.

Can anyone shed any light on this little bit for me, the third section called 'statements', I take it that I should photocopy and include them here but all of them? Or just the ones which have the charges on?

I copied just the ones with charges on, Mr Man. No point in the others, really. Court isn't interested in stuff not relevant to the case.

Statements have dates on so if court wanted to chronologically follow a line of argument then they would be able to from information supplied on statements with charges on.....if you get my drift?

I'm torn between Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd, Mr Man. I think I'll go for Thursday.

By the way, you know I requested a cheque instead of payment to my current account. They agreed. The b***ards paid it into my current acc. Still, it's mine, and that little trick has just added a bit of fire to my next assault on bank charges.