hells bells

hels bells
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Glenn

I guess you have read them and u are confident that i as many others you help are covered by DPA for the 12 year retention period for data?.

hels

I cant see how they can claim to keep a lot of poeples records for 12 years but not yours

I sup[pose they could have picked on you but they have already told you they have your data havent they?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Glenn

well the only difference is my data is more specific ie. ' Notification of Charges' statements, they could argue that my charges are on the ordinary statements that they have sent but obviously no breakdown so could not seperate lawful from unlawful charges. Rang the courts today, the day after the defence should have been submitted, the ytold me they have a back log of work and they could not tell me, but said a hearing had been set[ which i was aware of] they said to ring back next week. How long will the court allow after the 21st for the defence to be submitted?

ps Yes they told me they hold all data for 12years and when i rang Gadbrook park and ordered my N of C intially it was no problem at all but then the banks stopped them being sent if you remember my mobile the next day was hot hot hot with calls from Tim Cook [coprate manager] he talked before asking who i was thats how i got my info [12yrs thing].

HTH

Hels

I thought id emailed them over, ill check

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Glenn

have u e-mailed yet? not heard anything from the bank yet 7days after the dead line for a defence, am i right in thinking the courts would send me a copy of the defence if they had recieved on?

cheers

hels

Helen

you should have mail!

And yes the court should serve a copy of the defence on you when they receive it.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn, not recieved any mail, i will PM my e-mail address. If a defence has been served i should then get a copy before the court date, yes. :)

hels.

really wish peezboy had not disappeared . tut

hels

its not in my outbox so its on its way.

re the defence have you rung the court? I would give them a call and say have they received anyhting yet

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Glenn

Yep thanks i have the letters. Well i should not be suprised but i am, they[ barclays] have submitted a reponse, two days late but it seems the court have accepted it. I have two letters.

1. Notice that Acknowledgment of the service has been filed ont the 23rd, it states that the defendant response is : an intention to defend all of the claim, the defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form with the particualars of claim, or of the particualars of claim. to file a defence. the acknowledgement was filed by the solicitor acting forthe defendant who have given the flollowing name:

Barclays Legal & Compliance

Litigation & Dispute

it ends with thier address for all correspoandance.

The second letter is from Barclays [copy] it says: Please may the court accept this letter as an acknowledgement of service for the above claim, we intend to contest this claim,

it is signed by a litigation assistant.who it seems will represent them as her name is on the papers.

Is this standard Glenn? Please help me prepare well, it seems i am to face thier solicitor, OMG [ oh my god]

hels

LOL its standard if nothing else it gives them time to think about their position.

What i would do now is write to them and copy the court and basically say that you have your notes of conversations with (insert name) confirming they have your data and that you have written evidence provided by two other Barclay's customers where they have confirmed they hold 12 years worth of data.

Invite them to provide the data rather than waiting the courts time.

The alternative is to wait and see what they do with their defence. my guess is they will say that the data is not personal its a business account.

Since your names are on the account statements then you can be identified as an individual by reference to those statements.

Out of interest is the company name on there too and if so how are your names and that of the business related on the statement?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi glenn

are you suggesting that i write to the litigation team or the bank, they will ahve a copy of the conversation i had with everyone as i guess the court will ahve sent one of the three copies you have to provide so should i repeat it? Should i also include those letters you have sent to me? I guess they will say it business data but having really looked closely at my P N C [ the ones that i have, it seems at some time the address on the earlier ones are the business adress but in the last 3 years at least our home address in on them. the statements are addressed as follows

Mr Albert Bloggs & Mrs Edna Bloggs [obvioulsy not our real names our parents liked us] lol

T/A [our business name]

101 Dalmations Street [ our home address, lol]

Dogs Avenue

York { don,t live thier really]

HTH

hels:D

in my opinion i could contact the bank and give account details, name, home address and the account would be found, the trading as would only be used as an extra info, and like i say buisness transaction do accur in this account but so does our morgage and life insurance ect.

wot do u think

I wouldnt send them the letters if you want to send them copies of your POC highlighitng your comments re the conversation thats fine.

And i did mean the litigation team.

Re your data ii dont see how what cannot be data within the meaning of the DPA.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn

do i send the court the same letter i send the litigation team then, or not, would i suggest that i have further evidence which states the 12 year 'thing', do you think that would be thier ace card then the fact that T/A is on the statements.

hels

I personally would write to them and simply copy it to the court.

I wouldn't send the copies of the letters yet.

Re the t/a thing, i doubt they have even had a good look at your claim to be honest. They are so busy for some reason right now that they don't do anything as far as i can make out until they have to, hence the reports of late or non submission FAO various documents.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

glenn

baring in mind the Gadbrook Park situation i was able to order my PNC then they were stopped, is it not a simple as you can have them cos thier are stored or they are not and if they are not why was i not told this by the gut who i spoke to intially and he cleary ordered what i requested until the buggers stopped them, so which is it, the system seems to have changed at Gadbrook Park now as i sneaklily ttriedto order them again and they were very negative, they insisited they had my name before discussing the possibilites of sending them and the lady would not give me her name when asked [how shameful of her] she put the phone down in the end as i just asked if she would answer my question, can i order PNC please, yes or no, phone went dead. Think they have been ticked off or tipped off.

helen

why not have a go and pm it to me or email it and ill give you any help i can. I was given a bit of advice recently by somoen on the fourm, keep it simple and plain english and you wont go far wrong.

DOnt worry if its brief thats all it has to be, you are trying to shake them up a liitle and let them know youre up for this if it needs to go all the way but at the same time not shoiwng all your cards straight away.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

ok glenn give me a day or so then have a look on your PM, **** loads of other stuff to do right now, my daughters is about to take some exams and need lots of my help and as my hubby only comes home a day a month, the buck stops with me, 3 kids and only one of me, please bare with me.;)

glenn

so sorry if i sounded offensive in the last text, it was late, a glass of wine too many and stess was kicking in, i have a couple of days of work now so i hope to get the letter done , if you av time to look it over that would be great.

thanks hels:o

glenn

so sorry if i sounded offensive in the last text, it was late, a glass of wine too many and stess was kicking in, i have a couple of days of work now so i hope to get the letter done , if you av time to look it over that would be great.

thanks hels:o

I was really hurt!!! ;)

ROFL dont worry Helen we are all busy and what we are undertaking is not a simple matter either.

we will get there in the end.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA